Please report to Apple this new fugly call screen UI from 7.1...

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
To be honest... If you really hate iOS 7's UI either just get over with it or change platform.

My main problem with iOS 7 is slowness on iPad 3 and crash on all devices.... Getting respring a lot recently

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
Eww this really doesn't look nice... WHYYYYYYY? Its nice enough how it is.. You can report 'bugs' and I think this is definitely one. Report it immediately! :D

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I'm actually surprised with the second screenshot. Apple has always used simple designs and layouts where everything is clear so I'm trying to understand wtf is up with the overlapping icons...

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
lol i dont even understand whats going on in the 2nd picture. how do you click on the overlapping icon.

i also dont understand why anything has to be overlapped with so much wasted space in the center
I think it's pretty stupid the more I think about it. Is there any reason to combine two functions into one button? This is just change for the sake of change. If someone calls, have the accept button that will change into an end button to keep it simple and clean, nothing wrong with that they currently have.

Oh Apple...:confused:

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I think it's pretty stupid the more I think about it. Is there any reason to combine two functions into one button? This is just change for the sake of change. If someone calls, have the accept button that will change into an end button to keep it simple and clean, nothing wrong with that they currently have.

Oh Apple...:confused:
and the one on the right arent even buttons, just words floating in an air of nothingness lol iOS7 has become so inconsistent

emtrey

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2006
I'm actually surprised with the second screenshot. Apple has always used simple designs and layouts where everything is clear so I'm trying to understand wtf is up with the overlapping icons...
It looks to me like the second screenshot is what happens when you receive a call while you're already on with someone. It's basically asking what you want to do with your current call-- end it and answer the new one (two actions, one button), put the current person on hold and answer the new one (same), or send the new call direct to voicemail. The same screen is in iOS now, it just doesn't have icons.

Oz.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
To be honest... If you really hate iOS 7's UI either just get over with it or change platform.

My main problem with iOS 7 is slowness on iPad 3 and crash on all devices.... Getting respring a lot recently
bla bla ...to be honest I love iOS, but the new call screen UI in 7.1 betas is fugly in comparison with 7.0.6

PS. iOS 7.0.6 is smooth on my iphone and without crashes ;)

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
It looks to me like the second screenshot is what happens when you receive a call while you're already on with someone. It's basically asking what you want to do with your current call-- end it and answer the new one (two actions, one button), put the current person on hold and answer the new one (same), or send the new call direct to voicemail. The same screen is in iOS now, it just doesn't have icons.
Maybe but when another call comes in when you're already on one, isn't there another notification notifying there's another caller calling? I could be wrong and you could be right but it just looks like dual buttons to combine functions.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yep, that's essentially what that is.

----------

lol i dont even understand whats going on in the 2nd picture. how do you click on the overlapping icon.

i also dont understand why anything has to be overlapped with so much wasted space in the center
There's no selecting one or the other icon it's all simply one button that does both of those things which is why it displays them both--it's what's used for call waiting.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
You'll get used to it. Apple can't please everybody, and I doubt they're going to change it. I got used to iOS7, and I thought it was ugly as hell. I can't even believe how ugly iOS has become... oh well.

Paddle1

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2013
That's true, the images make it easier to understand more quickly than the words.

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
That's true, the images make it easier to understand more quickly than the words.
Definitely. It's a lot clearer in describing the functions than the old buttons that looked identical aside from the text label on them.

sbailey4

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Good grief people. Even if you cant read you should be able to figure out what to do. Pay attention to the icons. Hangup/answer, send to vm, pause/hold and answer. And for those of you who can also READ, see below the icons to see what to do. Its not hard.