Please..Take 2 seconds to vote on this. Just one last time.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulpfiction, Sep 13, 2011.

?

If all we get is a 4S, will you buy it?

1. Yes I will

103 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. No I will not

147 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I know we have been down this road before. But with an announcement (hopefully) right around the corner, and 4S rumors growing by the second, I just want to see, one last time, what the majority of people would do. I want to get as many votes as possible to make this as accurate as possible.

Please no flaming or insults. I know this question has been asked over and over. But I am looking for some real, hard data here..One last time before we hear anything.

The question is simple:

If all Apple gives us is a 4S (refreshed iPhone 4 in the same form factor with A5, 8mp camera, etc.) will you get it?

2. jeffhiggins66 macrumors newbie

No I wouldn't. But I don't think that Apple will give us a 4S anyway. The iPhone 5 will probably have a new exterior design, a faster processor, 64GB of storage, improved antenna, and other features.

3. spamfish123 macrumors member

I still think all these polls should have the answers sectioned by what phone they currently have.

I mean, anyone with a broken 3G is going to go YES YES YES YES, whereas most with a fully functioning 4 are going to say no...

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) Why?
    2) Make a poll
    3) "Accurate" and "real, hard data" is not something you will get here.

5. Ramio, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011

Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I think the next iphone will be the 4s. I just don't see apple investing into a new design when this design has only been out for a little over a year(It's not like apple). Also, why would apple invest extra cash into coming up with a new design when the Iphone 4 is still the number one selling phone on At&t and Verizon?!. If it aint broke, don't fix it. The 4s will have a redesigned antenna so it's all good. My bet would be that it looks just like the 4 but with a 8mp camera and a dual core processor. I think the new iphone was ready for a while but the software wasn't. The whole delay was software related. I loved the iphone 4 so to me its's a HUGE upgrade. Yes I will get it as soon as its available.

6. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

1. Just to see what people are thinking
    2.Umm..there is a poll. That was the whole idea.
    3. I'm not doing critical data research here. And I happen to think most people around here have good, informative things to say. And I value their opinions.

----------

I just want general, overall data from people in every situation.

7. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

Despite all the evidence to the contrary, you're still holding on to false hopes? It's going to be an upgraded iPhone 4. Whatever they call it, it's not going to be a new form factor or screen size.

8. wtmk81 macrumors member

I would get it only cause i'm switching over from Blackberry. That being said, if I can get a cheap usd/new iPhone 4 off contract I might do that and hold my upgrade until I get the larger screen that I want. hope that helps.

9. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

My answer is I don't know until I see it. Why would I make a decision to buy or not buy something that I've never seen or know anything about?

10. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

We are assuming it looks just like the iPhone 4 with internal upgrades. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :rolleyes:

11. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

The antenna of the iPhone 4 is unacceptable to me. I won't support Apple in saying that it's OK to release a product with such an obvious flaw by buying the phone. Not only that, however, but their whole dog and pony show about the issue just insults my intelligence.

If they even think that they can get away with it a second time, I'll never buy another product from them again.

12. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

Just depends on how much better it would be than the current 4. If its a difference worth the money than why wouldn't you? It's based on an individuals needs and wants.

13. korndawg macrumors regular

No way in hell will I use my upgrade on a 4S. I will however buy a discounted/used iphone 4 and wait till a new design.

14. Nachoconqueso, Sep 13, 2011

Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

So what you're asking is will I get the 4S if it's a 4 with an A5 and 8mp camera w/ iOS 5? If that's the case then probably not because as much as I think the 4 is the best looking phone I've seen I don't want to support the type of practices that Apple have been undertaking (never liked). What would make me curious is how it takes Apple 16 months to put a new processor and camera into the same design. They completely redesigned the 4 from the 3GS in a year and it was a huge success why not do it again? With all these new crazy phones coming up is it really smart to do just a processor and camera? If Apple was interested in pulling new iPhone customers in then it's definitely not through a marketing campaign based around an operating system. iOS 5 seems pretty nice (not groundbreaking in the least), but its hardly a selling point to your average customer. Adding all this up the answer would sadly be no and I love me some iOS/iPhone...

Here's something else to think about. As we speak there are a whole bunch of poor Chinese factory workers who are contemplating suicide and probably inhaling/ingesting toxic chemicals to make Apple's precious product. You couldn't show me a well adjusted human being who feels ok with that. Apple has worn thin on me for sure.

15. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

The same manufacturers also supply parts to other companies, not just Apple. We can't regulate other countries on how they treat their employees, but the fact remains that using their production facilities helps the bottom dollar and increases profit. There are plenty of human rights activists working on these issues. But unfortunately that doesn't stop big companies from buying their parts.

16. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Do you seriously think that the three month delay from previously established product cycle will produce a mere upgrade? What have the iPhone Engineers and Designers been doing, building Steve's garage door opener for his new house? I am expecting something big or I'm holding on to my 3G and make them earn my money. The market will be filled with used 4's and I might look for a deal rather than shoot my subsidized wad on a 4S/5 or whatever they chose to call it.

17. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

I probably shouldn't have singled out Apple because as consumers we are responsible for this, but it's a matter of world view. If you think dollars and profits are more important than happiness and human lives then be as you are my friend. I'm not here to judge you, but I find this manufacturing system to be disgusting. It's only a matter of time before I disconnect from the whole thing I guess...computers, tv's, phones etc. It makes me too sad and I know if I saw the awful manufacturing process in person it would destroy my soul. It's only a matter of time before we accept our responsibilities as humans. I can see angry or arrogant replies coming from random people, but it will only show how frightened they are to feel and see these horrible things. Ever heard a man weep before he hangs himself? It's entirely possible that someday you'll know that pain. Sorry to be such a bummer :(

18. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

No. We both have iPhone 4's that we are happy with that have another your on the contract, We will get to iPhone 6's probably. That being said even if it was a 5 we would not get it.

19. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

A 4S will be a warmed over model lacking too many essentials.

An iPhone 5 at this point is just too little too late.

I'm going to enjoy the wait as Apple regroups to focus on the iPhone 6. The only Apple smartphone that truly captures my interest.

In the mean time I'm going to enjoy my new Samsung Galaxy S II.

My iPhone 4 will do for my iTunes collection.

20. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If the jump is like from a 3G to 3GS, I MAY switch based on the speed or whatever.

21. rollerross45, Sep 13, 2011

rollerross45 macrumors newbie

No my iPhone 4 is happy as there is no 4S needed for anyone with a 4, however my contract is at an end so if its a 5, I will upgrade if not then ill just go on a rolling one till a better update comes. ;)

22. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Very well said, and i completely agree.

And if Apple does release an iPhone 4S. I would want it to fail, i want the competition to crush it. Why? So Apple can go back and focus on making the iPhone competitive.
    No wonder people say "some would just buy anything Apple makes, as long as there's an Apple logo on it".

An iPhone 4S is unacceptable, an iPhone 5 is expected.

23. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I would buy it just because I am upgrading from a dying HD2 after my contact ends in two weeks. Since my contract ends so close to the release, I might as well wait instead of jumping on an iPhone 4 right away and have the new one come out.

Some people have made up their minds based on the rumours we've heard so far.

24. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Not really. I fall into the 'broken 3G' category and I've been eligible for upgrade for quite sometime now, actually out of contract completely at this point. I wanted nothing to do with the 4 and would want nothing to do with the "4s" if that's the route they go.

Hate the design of it and growing tired of the small screen. Keeping the screen size wouldn't 100% be a deal breaker for me, but keeping the same design most likely would be.

25. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I will buy it because my phone is almost dead. I will not be happy with my purchase though and use a family members upgrade to get a new one next year.