Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lionqueen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
Just curious how many people have gotten through, and if anyone's gotten an "order acknowledgement" email like myself?

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
Got it!
Took 10 min or so after order went through.
Used Apple Store App.
Scheduled to receive shipment Oct 14.

Last edited:

lionqueen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
yep, I used the Apple Store app as well, although it kept timing out, I guess I got through one of those times, cos I got my email.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I got through at 0344 EST on the Apple Store App for iPhone [3GS] and placed the order, however it is only reserved until AT&T is back online to complete the plan process.

This at the bottom of my reservation email:

Why am I unable to complete my order right now?
We are currently unable to reach your carrier’s systems to process the information that you have provided. We will hold on to the information you have entered and use it to confirm phone pricing and eligibility for your account.

Welshman2oo5

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2009
Got mine too! Just came in, it took about 20-25 minutes for it to come in. I used the Apple Store App and it even timed out at the end and it went through. I say check your online bank statements for confirmation if you are unsure. Good luck and good night!

anysunday

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
Got mine. Order went through at 8:48ish (first time!) BST and got confirmation about 40 mins later. UK site.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Got mine after pre-ordering for the 5th time b/c I kept getting the processing screen, then it said there was an error and I should try again later!!! Almost two hours of repetition SUCKS this time around...:mad:

REMEMBER: Your credit card doesn't get charged until the iPhone 4S ships....

BunniMei

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
I got one, it took me over half an hour to finally get through on the Apple site. It kept giving me errors at checkout, how lame. Glad it finally went through though.. time for sleep!

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
Got my order confirmation. :cool: 16GB Black iPhone 4S on Verizon. Delivery next Friday.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

lilj4425 said:
Got my order confirmation. :cool: 16GB Black iPhone 4S on Verizon. Delivery next Friday.

Was yours a acknowledgment email or confirmation email? Are they the same thing?

SnackyStacky

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
Been trying since 3am EDT.

FINALLY got it to go through on Apple.com. Tried the Apple Store app, AT&T upgrade app, and AT&T.com. Apple.com was the only one that worked.

Got myself a 64G black and my wife a 16G white.

VERY excited to move from the 3GS to the 4S!!!

And for those curious, I had to submit two separate orders. Got E-Mail confirmation (with order number) for both. I was not able to modify the shipping address. It's shipping to the billing address on our wireless bill. We kept unlimited data. Delivery date is still listed as 10/14.

I am AT&T premier.

Hope that info helps someone.

lilj4425

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2007
Was yours a acknowledgment email or confirmation email? Are they the same thing?

Acknowledgement. Not sure if they're the same thing. Has an actual order number attached. Definitely not a reservation thankfully.

Jack Dangers

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
No problems this morning at 530a. Did it through the app store and received confirmation about 10min later. Checked credit card and it already has a pending authorization.

ThetaSigma

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2011
Gallifrey
Took a while but my confirmation email has arrived, can relax now!

Got myself a white 32GB iPhone 4S :D This week is going to be long.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Basically IF you have a reserved spot you can't go in and order now because it says you have an order already and cancel it. IF you try and cancel it it times out with oops! screen. SO I guess they got ya by the balls. Time to wait for that email.

mayerkim

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2010
Southern California
Received three emails from Apple.com.

1. Phone has been reserved. (Received reservation number)
2. Please complete your order now. (They gave me a deadline until Saturday 5PM)
3. Thank you for your order. (Credit Cards were charged here)

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I didn't want to start a new thread but I have a question:

On the thank you order summary page it has shipping to (mothers name) with (mothers number) underneath it. Is this just because she is the primary account holder? She was not eligible for upgrade my line was and the upgrade price is shown.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.