Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
I got one about a half hour later and my ship to address is wrong!!!!! For some reason i cannot change it on site and they are not answering calls :(

AJayAgliolio

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2009
Ordered my 4S from the 'Apple Store App' at approximately 4:16 a.m. (est) and immediately received email confirmation...

Ordered my wife's 4S through 'AT&T Upgrader App' at approximately 6:33 a.m. (est) and also received immediate email confirmation...

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Got my confirmation email about 45 minutes after the order went through. I was one of the fools who kind of wanted to be able to "only" reserve so I could pick it up in-store but after the debacle that was the initial release, I was just happy to get any order through at ALL.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Got mine

1 16 gb black for me
1 16 gb white for wife

Both are super excited.

Sweet! I'm one of those who never use all my storage, only a couple gigs of music and mediocre app usage. But I'm kind of wondering if I should call Apple and upgrade to 32GB, the 1080p has me scared. :/

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Having seen (but not participated) in the chaos that was the first hours of the iphone4 preorders, I saw no point whatsoever in getting up at 3am Eastern to fight overloaded computer systems.

Got up as normal, placed my AT&T upgrade order on a silky smooth apple.com just before 6am while the coffee brewed, received order acknowledgement email for Oct 14th delivery eleven minutes later.

theperipheral

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
32 GIG WHITE is now mine. Haven't received the official confirmation yet, but I did get the reservation e-mail, and then the "its time to pay for your ****" e-mail. ALl that's left is confirmation.

gswilder

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2007
Finally Got Order in and Ack

I was up at 3am trying to order an iPhone 4S through apple (ATT customer upgrade). But kept getting errors on the ATT verification screens. On both apple and the ATT site itself. I suspected it was because I had an ATT FAN discount. (I had this problem during one of the previous generation iPhone upgrades.

Anyway, after 1.5 hours, I went to bed. Got up 7am EDT time this morning. Placed an order through Apple. Went through quickly with no problems around 7:45am. Got the email order acknowledge about an hour later. I also noticed the Apple order tracking page is down.

Still saying delivers Oct 14th. So hopefully all will go fine.

Thanks to everyone on here last nite for the information and advice. Best place to come to for anything apple.

Greg

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Tried to pre-order at 3am EST for about an hour, debacles with Apple website and ATT website prevented all attempts, finally gave up and went back to bed at 4:20am, woke up at 6:30am attempted to pre-order again through Apple website first and it went right through received confirmation email about 20mins later...

jpcarro

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2009
On your nine
Got up at 3:00am.
Placed "reservation" at Apple Store at 3:43am cuz AT&T getting crushed.
Went to bed.
Email from Apple to complete order came at 4:10am.
Woke up at 7:00am and completed order.
Got order confirmation at 7:18am.

I should've just slept til 7:00am and placed my order...

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
I was up at 3am trying to order an iPhone 4S through apple (ATT customer upgrade). But kept getting errors on the ATT verification screens. On both apple and the ATT site itself. I suspected it was because I had an ATT FAN discount. (I had this problem during one of the previous generation iPhone upgrades.

Anyway, after 1.5 hours, I went to bed. Got up 7am EDT time this morning. Placed an order through Apple. Went through quickly with no problems around 7:45am. Got the email order acknowledge about an hour later. I also noticed the Apple order tracking page is down.

Thanks to everyone on here last nite for the information and advice. Best place to come to for anything apple.

Greg

Sounds exactly like my night. Woke up at 3. Refreshed for an hour or so. Finally went back to bed, and tried again around 6:15. Order went right through so I am all set. Learned a lesson about pre ordering for when the 5/6 comes out lol.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
FINALLY got through order at 4:15am, got confirmation at 4:19am.

Received "order has been processed and sent to warehouse" email at 6:06am.

Ordered through AT&T, black 32GB, unlimited data.

Damn, I am tired this morning.

iToNe24

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2011
NY
i ordered about 6:15am eastern , 32gb white form apple.com and still have not received my email confirmation .. i tried to check status on apple.com but that keeps erroring out

RollTide1017

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2009
Montgomery, AL
I'm starting to get worried a bit. My order went through about an hour and ten minutes ago, still no email from Apple. I can't even view my order history on apple.com, just get an Opps! message.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
I got mine about an hour after ordering here in Germany.
I ordered a white iPhone 4S 32Gb. Approx. delivery date 21-28 October...

oHai

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2010
Ordered on Apple.com. 20 minutes later got confirmation, "delivers Oct 14." Hopefully earlier! Excited to be upgrading my 3GS.

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
My email says delivers by the 14th! Excited! I'm having trouble getting on the apple site to track and order though so I'm not sure what that says. I think the email may just be a standard one. Though my spot was reserved at 5:34 EST this morning.

snapper2323

macrumors member
May 8, 2009

Greg

My experience is exactly like above, times and everything!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.