Other Podcasts app broken in CarPlay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by calliex, Oct 25, 2018.

1. calliex macrumors member

calliex

My podcast app in apple CarPlay no longer functions right . The onscreen buttons no longer respond. I have to control app from my phone. Can not navigate, start/stop, etc. from CarPlay screen. Started when I upgraded iOS. Other functions seem to work OK (iTunes,Maps).
    Anybody else have an issue.

2. tcador macrumors 6502

Works ok for me, although I can't seem to load new podcasts from CarPlay itself, but if I choose them from the phone it works fine, although this appears to be a design decision rather than broken functionality if I had to guess.

3. calliex thread starter macrumors member

calliex

That is another symptom I have. I was always able to complete run the app with CarPlay. It displays the current podcast and starts to play it. If I want another one I have to use the phone to navigate to it. Also I can not stop or start the podcast from CarPlay. It is a shame because otherwise I love CarPlay

4. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

Mine works as it's supposed to, however I have noticed that Carplay seems a bit laggy with iOS 12...and I'm on a XS Max.

5. calliex thread starter macrumors member

calliex

Never thought to think it was the iPhone 6 causing the problem. Well I am about to purchase an XR will see what happens.