POLL: 5S users, have you turned off TouchID passcode?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macaddiict, Jan 6, 2014.

?

Do you use TouchID to unlock your phone?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2014.
  1. YES, I use it and it works great

100 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. YES, I use it but it is a pain sometimes

29 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. NO, I disabled it because it didn’t work well

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. NO, I don’t use it because I don’t care about a locked iPhone

9 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. macaddiict macrumors regular

I am curious to find out if others are using the TouchID passcode option after all these months. I tried and tried to use it, but found it very frustrating.

I wish there was an option for a time-delay when using fingerprint security.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm still using the Touch ID and it's been working great for me.

3. TribeFan1 macrumors regular

TribeFan1

I still use mine. It is incredibly convenient, much more than I thought it would be and in my experience is fast and accurate

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I've had my 5s for less than a week, but I'm loving Touch ID. Works 90% of the time for me, and is consistently much faster than even just unlocking the phone by swiping with no passcode set. It's faster even if I have to give it a second shot if it fails the first time.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Still using it. Sometimes it takes a few tries. Still wish it worked better.

Not working for iTunes purchases even though I turned it on.

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

It's okay and I still use it though I wish we could set a lock time like for the regular passcode.

7. RokkenRock macrumors member

It works like a charm, especially when you get the hang of it. It unlocks even faster than having no pass code. I can even use a more complicated pass code than a simple four digit I used before.

8. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

9. macaddiict thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I apparently didn't click the right button. It is working now!

---

I'm interested that so many of you like it. It seems like I had to re-train my TouchID on a regular (weekly or so) basis for it to be even remotely usable. Otherwise it would take around 3 attempts each time I tried to unlock the phone with my thumb. I have chronically dry hands -- I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

10. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Works great for me. Had it on since day one. Didn't realize how much more convienent it is then punching in my password.

11. I7guy macrumors G5

I have this feature enabled, it is extremely convenient.

12. Tomacorno macrumors regular

I am surprised at how well it works. I use it all the time. However, my wife is unable to use it. I thought she was doing something wrong but my son and I both tried to help her set it up and it does not seem to work with her fingers. Very strange.

13. pollaxe macrumors 6502

pollaxe

I use it all the time; I've had very few issues with it.

14. RokkenRock macrumors member

Mine has problem recognizing my wife's left thumb. We've set it up a couple of times but the result is not good.

15. Ann P macrumors 68020

POLL: 5S users, have you turned off TouchID passcode?

No, use it all the time.

16. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

17. CEmajr macrumors 601

18. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

My first iPhone 5S' Touch ID didn't work great: once out of three. It was very bothering. Got is stolen since, and received a replacement two weeks ago. Works PERFECTLY, 0 miss!

19. Halcyon3608 macrumors newbie

I love TouchID. The only time I've had to re-enter my fingerprints is when iTunes crashed during an update and I had to reset my phone. I very, very rarely get the "try again" message. Originally, I only used the function for the novelty factor since I don't care about securely locking my phone, but it's turned out to be a much more convenient/efficient way to get to the homescreen compared to slide-to-unlock (w/o a passcode).

20. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

When I first heard the rumors that Apple was going to add this to the iPhone 5S. I thought it would be a gimmick, and would not work that well. I got my iPhone 5S last Monday. Man was a wrong. I love touch ID. Before on my iPhone 5 I never used the pass code because I thought it was a pain. Now I love having the security. Works great for me.

21. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

works great cept when my hands r sweaty and touchid wont work esp when i m at the gym

22. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I have never locked my iPhone and see no need for it. All sensitive data is keep in Keeper, an incripted vault. I do not leave my phone laying around for someone to steal.

Useless feature for me

23. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

For me it's not about security, it's about convenience. Especially in the app store. Being able to thumbprint a purchase from the store instead of putting in my AppleID password is super handy.

24. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It works just about every time except for when I'm holding my phone at a strange angle. Aside from that, when I take my phone out of my pocket now, I place my finger on the home button and press. It is almost always unlocked and ready to use before I even see the screen.

25. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Settings > general > restrictions > scroll down to 'Require password' and ensure that is set to '15 minutes' NOT 'immediately'.

And Touch ID works flawlessly for me :)