POLL: Do you plan to buy a new Mac Pro on January 15th?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by netdog, Jan 3, 2008.

?

Do you plan to buy a new Mac Pro on January 15th?

  1. Of course! Finally the wait is over!!!

    102 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. Nope. Add me to the "Official Waiting for Nehalem" thread.

    15 vote(s)
    9.0%
  3. Quite happy with my current Mac Pro. No upgrade planned.

    26 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. Happy with my dual-core Mac. No Mac Pro for me!

    24 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. netdog macrumors 603

    netdog

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #1
    Where the poll says "NEW" it is referring to new PENRYN Mac Pros.

    With this information about support in 10.5.2 for the NVIDIA G92, it appears that a new PENRYN Mac Pro is a lock for rollout at MacWorld 2008. Do you plan to get one?
     
  2. 4God macrumors 68020

    4God

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2005
    Location:
    My Mac
    #2
    Dual core works for me, at least for now. I do lots of audio/video work but it's for my church and hobby, not like I make a living at it.
     
  3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

    teleromeo

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    kidnapped by aliens
    #3
    i'm still using a powerbook so it's time for a change. I'm just waiting for a substantial update, not for a maxed out superfast machine.
     
  4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

    synth3tik

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2006
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    #4
    My Mac Pro is still a little too much power then what I need. I can not see why I would need a new one. Of course there is the want factor.:eek:
     
  5. Graphis macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2007
    #5
    Maybe not the 15th exactly: I'll wait until the end of MW, just in case the announcement is made on the 16th, or 17th:) But yeah, I'm getting one. If there's an announcement about an upgrade, but it's not shipping right away, I may wait a little while longer, depending on what the wait is: if it's another couple of months, then I won't wait, I'll just get the current. If there's no announcement, I'll get the current as soon as MW finishes.

    Of course, they'll announce the upgrade the very second I'm booting up my new MP for the first time:D
     
  6. G4DP macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2007
    #6
    1st FEB

    Not letting fly with £2000 on 15th Jan, going to wait until the 1st of Feb, then i'll take the plunge.
     
  7. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

    AviationFan

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2006
    Location:
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    #7
    Depends on how easy/confusing the configuration options are. I figure it may take some time and research to figure out the best possible configuration for me (as well as where to buy things such as RAM and hard drives). Other than that, yes, I am ready to purchase a new Mac Pro on 1/15 (have been ready for a few months now)!

    - Martin
     
  8. siorai macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    #8
    I will definitely be buying one at or around the 15th. The Mac Pro is complete overkill for the graphics work that I will use it for, but can't bring myself to buy the all-in-one form factor of an iMac.

    I do find it rather interesting though. My PC has just decided to take a nosedive. It's like it knew that the new Mac Pro was definitely about to be released and staged a revolt. :p
     
  9. Masher500 macrumors member

    Masher500

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    Location:
    Dana Point
    #9
    i almost bought the old MP, a few times, but im waiting for the new rev. Yes i will buy it, as soon as my apple store gets it, that way i dont have to wait for it to ship. I can just go pick it up!!!
     
  10. peejack macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2007
    #10
    Ill wait for macworld see what happens then ill get my mac pro a few days after.
     
  11. viltsu macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    #11
    I´ve waited since august. I´ve owned few Macs before (iBook G4, iMac G5, MBP) and I have to say that the Macs are superb! For now I just need raw power. I should bought MP in august, the "old" model is fast enough for me, but it is only a two weeks now. I´ll be mad if I go to store now and they´ll upgrade Pro-machines in MWSF. So, I buy whenever they´ll introduce them!

    Love Macs! :cool:
     
  12. student_trap macrumors 68000

    student_trap

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2005
    Location:
    'Ol Smokey, UK
    #12
    ill buy when the new ones come out, hopefully the 15th!
     
  13. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

    themoonisdown09

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2007
    Location:
    Georgia, USA
    #13
    I'm getting an iMac on the 15th and not a Mac Pro. I will sell my iMac and buy a Mac Pro when the Nehalem Mac Pro comes out.
     
  14. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

    jrlcopy

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    #14
    I can hold out till June!, but really don't want to... Lemme give you my money apple!
     
  15. astrostu macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2007
    #15
    I interpreted the poll question (and first option) as yes I'll buy on the 15th IF new Mac Pros are announced, which is why I voted for that. I'm not buying if they're not new.
     
  16. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

    ErikAndre

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #16
    I'll be buying whatever mac pro is for sale on Feb 1st... i cannot wait any longer.
     
  17. TripleCore macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2007
  18. mikeishi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2007
    #18
    I bought my Mac Pro a couple of months after it came out. I love my Mac Pro! I don't even care if new ones come out! :D

    Does everything I need perfectly. Intense print design, photo manipulation, vector illustration, web development...

    If new ones don't come out. Who cares? These computers are amazing, guys.

    I know all of you who are going to be getting them on the 15th are going to LOVE THEM! Great luck guys!!! :)
     
  19. jnc macrumors 68020

    jnc

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Nunya, Business TX
    #19
    Depends on if there's a substantial MBP update... if they make the rumoured "slim and light" 13 incher i'm interested in, I'll get that for on-the-move plus a Mac Pro too for real power at home.

    If not I'll pick up the most powerful MBP I can (2.8 Penryn, 512mb gpu?) and then I'll be able to hold out for a year or however long until the Mac Pros see their next update.

    Edit: I suppose ideally I'd like the best of both worlds in the the MBP first - a small and powerful machine, perhaps on par with the current low end 15"? Then I'd run it with an ACD and happily wait until next year to add a Mac Pro.
     
  20. GarthAlgar macrumors member

    GarthAlgar

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Location:
    Here and There
    #20
    So, does this mean that the update is looking more certain?

    I need a new computer...bad. And, frankly I can't wait much longer. But, I'm not playing top dollar for two-year old hardware.
     
  21. sinn. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    #21
    They will update something on the MP. I am calling new CPU upgrade graphic cards and bump up ram if anything. Either way, new MP I will buy that one, no update I will buy a used one and hold out until I need something better.
     
  22. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

    netdog

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #22
    It would seem they will be updated given the kexts to support the new graphics cards in the 10.5.2 build being distributed amongst developers
     
  23. Michael73 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2007
    #23
    I LOVE me current MP that I got in Sept 2006 and have no plans to replace it, per se.

    The reason I bought the MP in the first place was because of it's expansion potential over time. In the last 16 months I've gotten more into video editing work and begun to find the 7300GT to be not enough (3D visualizations are painfully choppy).

    Soooooo, will I replace the machine, NO, am I looking for some better mid-range graphics card options, ABSOLUTELY.
     
  24. chameleon macrumors regular

    chameleon

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2006
    Location:
    Albany, NY
    #24
    I have $3,500 in gift cards, purchased on December 31st, waiting to be spent on a new Mac Pro on January 15th.

    If there is no Mac Pro on January 15th, I might just explode.

    Really.
     
  25. peejack macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2007
    #25
    Will you video it, if you do explode and get one of your friend to post it on you tube?? :p

    Serious though, I might rupture something if there is no mac pro update.
     

Share This Page