Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you wear your Apple watch while sleeping?

• Yes

Votes: 124 47.0%
  • No

Votes: 105 39.8%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 35 13.3%

• Total voters

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Wear my Watch to bed every night and use AutoSleep to track. Only uses about 4-5% of the battery. Mostly just charge while showering and getting ready and breakfast.

Mainly wear at night for the silent alarm to not wake my wife and to track heart rate while seeing the hours of sleep is ok.

This, except that I don't have AutoSleep. I put it in TheaterMode so it doesn't bother me when I move, and the silent alarm is greatly appreciated by my wife. I charge it while getting ready in the morning and this is sustainable almost indefinitely, although I usually make sure it's back up to 100% on Sunday night.

Reactions: PlayUltimate

Marrakas

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2012
I do. Cause I love waking up to the vibration alarm rather than a noisy phone.

I just charge it when I get home from work, and then wear it for the remaining 23 hours of the day.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Absolutely, for the Autosleep app that evaluates my sleep.
Also set a timed do not disturb mode at night.

Watch gets an additional 50% charge each time I take a shower.
[doublepost=1529012596][/doublepost]
There seems to be some debate over what the "norm" is...
That debate goes in the political section. :)

Last edited:

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I wear mine to sleep. I sometimes switch to my S0 but quite often just keep my S3 on and give it a quick charge in the morning.

Fabmac

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2017
sleep trackers, i am using now sleep++ with the new "auto sleep detect" function
is autosleep so much better???

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I use AutoSleep and SleepWatch. I tend to look at AutoSleep more often but both are good (and they’re both just interpreting the data so no issue with having both).

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I would like to for sleep tracking but the battery is an issue. While I can get into 3 days with light/normal usage I wear it during the day and wearing it at night wouldn't leave me with a convenient time to charge it. I'm sure I could setup some sort of routine (get home from work, charge it during dinner or when I'm relaxing than put it back on) but I bought it to make my life slightly more convenient for other task, not add to my things to do list.

I don't know how I can go on with so many of these first world problems!

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
People who wear it to sleep, do you put it in airplane mode? Do you worry about the cellular component if you have the LTE model?

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
People who wear it to sleep, do you put it in airplane mode? Do you worry about the cellular component if you have the LTE model?

Nope. My phone is in the house and I’m connected to WiFi as well so no worries there

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
My understanding is that the LTE isn't on unless your phone isn't nearby, however, I sleep with it in airplane mode, dnd, and theater mode just to be safe and maybe save battery.

americafirst

Suspended
May 22, 2018
#backtheblue
I wear mine when I sleep and I use AutoSleep and HeartWatch. In the past I used Sleep++ but found the other two apps to track sleep better
My understanding is that the LTE isn't on unless your phone isn't nearby, however, I sleep with it in airplane mode, dnd, and theater mode just to be safe and maybe save battery.
LTE isn't on unless your phone is out of Bluetooth range is what I was told at the apple store

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ah, the poll title is slightly misleading as it suggests that whether or not you wear your watch while sleeping is what is being measured, whereas, in actual fact, the poll itself only measures whether you wear an Apple watch while sleeping, rather than whether you wear your traditional watch while asleep.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well, they did post it in the Apple Watch forum.... :)

Ah. I see.

However, that was not the route I took when tripping over the thread, for that is a part of the forum I rarely - if ever - visit.

Instead, I spotted the thread in the constantly up-dating side bar ("latest replies") and thought, oh, yes, that sounds interesting, but yes, I do wear my (traditional) watch while sleeping..........

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

nokkynuk

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2017
Space City
With my sport band that blocks inadvertent clicks of the buttons/crown, i can safely sleep without calling 911. This case is great for tracking sleep.

IMG_0464.JPG IMG_1375.jpg

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Yup!

Love my sleep tracking with Autosleep and seeing the improved sleep results mixed with my weight loss journey.

Charge while in the shower and getting ready for the day.

S3 no LTE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.