Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How satisfied with Apple's response?

• 10 - completely satisfied

Votes: 119 21.0%

Votes: 55 9.7%

Votes: 71 12.5%

Votes: 72 12.7%

Votes: 28 4.9%

Votes: 39 6.9%

Votes: 41 7.2%

Votes: 38 6.7%

Votes: 24 4.2%
  • 1 - completely unsatisfied

Votes: 81 14.3%

• Total voters

CactusHawk

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
I'm curious for those who marked 'completely unsatisfied', what would have appeased you?

I would have liked a fix. I have never used a case until now. If I did not have to use the bumper I would go naked.

Who has the dropped call issues that would actually vote 10?

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth
I've had one of each model iPhone since day one. Of all the features, the weak link is phone performance. It's always been that way. Since so many people switched to AT&T to obtain an iPhone, there's no way for them to know better. However in my case I was _ already_ using AT&T with BlackBerrys and enjoying great phone performance. When I attended WWDC in San Francisco this year, I was excited about seeing the new redesigned iPhone. Imagine how impressed I was to hear jobs brag about how great the phone was with the new antenna. It was a milestone for Apple. A few of my peers that attended were also very excited about this new development. Needless to say, once we had our new iPhone 4's in hand, began experiencing dropped calls immediately, we were very disappointed.*

swissarmybottle

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
I'm curious for those who marked 'completely unsatisfied', what would have appeased you?

If Steve Jobs would have admitted that the iPhone 4 was not thoroughly tested in a real-world environment... that Apple half-assed that portion of the test phase... I would have been very much appeased.

Steve Jobs should know the most fundamental part of engineering - garbage in, garbage out.

Regardless, luckily the iPhone 4 is one sexy phone - and I'm a sucker for sexiness. I'll buy it... albeit I'm still a bit pissed about his arrogance concerning the entire matter.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm about a 5, neutral, I suppose. I'm neither satisfied nor dissatisfied. It was a staged event that was purely damage control

They did not off any real options and clearly given the responses from other carriers they tried throw Nokia, Rim and HTC under the bus it seemed to fail for the most part.

Overall, I agree with that its a small problem that is getting blown out of proportion but it was so staged, it was a rather poor attempt. I mean how many times did Steve utter the word LOVE during his song and dance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.