Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you part of the satisfied 73%?

• Hell yes! AT&T rocks!

Votes: 196 67.6%
  • Hell no! AT&T sucks!

Votes: 48 16.6%
  • Eh. I'm undecided.

Votes: 46 15.9%

• Total voters

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/23/technology/iphone_4_att/index.htm?hpt=Sbin

Despite a very vocal group of detractors, the vast majority of iPhone users love AT&T. That's the key finding in a survey released this week by Yankee Group, which reports that 73% of iPhone users are very satisfied with AT&T's service. That rating compares favorably to how non-iPhone smartphone users feel about AT&T, and even to how non-iPhone users feel about other wireless providers.

I'm shocked, but given Wired's recent and very telling article, I would probably guess that Verizon wouldn't have been better off with the iPhone. "Big Red" sounds like they're starting to already complain about their petty but growing group of Android users, according to Android Central, and The Huffington Post believes that they now plan to nuke their unlimited data plans, just like AT&T did.

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Can't vote based on the options, but here is my take. AT&T is fine and as good as any other providers here in Chicago. Moving to Verizon would not result in anything being improved for me.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
I live in Maryland and I can stand with iphone 4 with AT&T service here. When I go to DC for my job, this is where the animal gets unleashed from hell. I cannot call or receive anything my phone fights for reception. I hate verizon customer service because those people are the worst people I have ever dealt with.

hippo206

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2007
With such a small polling community, your undecided selection will screw your results up.

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Been with AT&T for over 10 years. No complaints. Their customer service has always been amazing for us.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
AT&T service is fine for me in Orange County and south LA. I do have some issues with their new pricing structure and with the iPad 3G coverage, though I don't own one—but as for the service, no complaints.

DJUK

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Accidently hit the NO button!... But although im in NYC, I get great reception besides what many say about service here

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
It depends on the day. On some days they are great, and on others they are really really bad. Same goes for their customer service, some representatives are great while others are terrible. They really need to offer mini-surveys after speaking with a CSR so they can weed out the bad ones.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I live in Maryland and I can stand with iphone 4 with AT&T service here. When I go to DC for my job, this is where the animal gets unleashed from hell. I cannot call or receive anything my phone fights for reception. I hate verizon customer service because those people are the worst people I have ever dealt with.

Agreed. I live in MD, work in VA and travel through DC to get to work. I get the trifecta of crappiness with AT&T's reception.

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Never had any issues with them and I have great service here in Houston.

So far...your poll says around 62% pro-AT&T. Arguably, although unscientifically...it seems that the original poll is on the right track.

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Been with AT&T/Cingular for 6 years. Very happy customer with little to no issues ever!

Near Birmingham, Alabama.

motty2307

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
Indiana
I'm currently in Charlotte, NC and I really can't praise AT&T enough. They have been updating their towers here and in the last week my speed has doubled (according to the Speedtest app).

Personally, I yearn for the day the iPhone moves to another carrier so that AT&T gets some server relief. I've been trying to find the article (it was on CNN.com) that compared all the major service providers. It actually determined that AT&T's network was the fastest but because of the number of iPhone users alone, it runs slower because everyone is using so much data.

sportster

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Katy, TX
I've been with AT&T for over 10 years now, going back to before the Southwestern Bell/Cingular days. Have had no real issues to complain about, a few little bumps over the years but any company will have those.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
While not as good as Verizon in terms of reception, it's more than adequate and a much better value especially with the FAN discount. Certainly better than T-Mobile.

This poll is evidence that 27% (or 1.7% or 0.55%) of you make the most noise.

motty2307

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
Indiana
I'm currently in Charlotte, NC and I really can't praise AT&T enough. They have been updating their towers here and in the last week my speed has doubled (according to the Speedtest app).

Personally, I yearn for the day the iPhone moves to another carrier so that AT&T gets some server relief. I've been trying to find the article (it was on CNN.com) that compared all the major service providers. It actually determined that AT&T's network was the fastest but because of the number of iPhone users alone, it runs slower because everyone is using so much data.

Here's the Speedtest.net results...

Attachments

• IMG_0014.PNG
    IMG_0014.PNG
    109.9 KB · Views: 74

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Can't vote based on the options, but here is my take. AT&T is fine and as good as any other providers here in Chicago. Moving to Verizon would not result in anything being improved for me.
Pretty much my take, but I opted for "Eh, I'm undecided." I wouldn't say "AT&T rocks" because I think that's ridiculous, but I also don't think they suck. They're fine. My experience with carriers has shown AT&T to be better than most, at least here in Phoenix. No idea how Verizon would be other than EXPENSIVE, so NO THANKS. T-Mobile certainly sucked, so I don't know why anyone is getting excited about that.

But "rocking"? No - this is like me getting excited about which gas station I go to. Keep the price low and the product good and I'm happy, but I'll never be excited about it.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
The only reason someone would say that is because the iPhone is only available on AT&T. I bet that will change when it goes to other carriers. It will probably read "73% of iPhone user hate AT&T."

SophiaLee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010

I'm in Charlotte too, Weddington to be exact, AT&T sucks in my neighborhood.

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
AT&T coverage rocks in San Diego. But there are a few spots in San Diego County that I travel through that are known "dead zones" for ANY cell provider. For instance, one section of Hwy 52 that is notorious for dropping calls on Verizon and AT&T. Another example is the waiting room at my doctor's office. Big building, too much metal = "No Service" (on both Verizon and AT&T). But INTERESTINGLY.... Since getting the iPhone 4, NO MORE dropped calls at the dead zone on Hwy 52!!! And I was in my doctor's waiting room yesterday and despite only having 1 bar of signal, my iPhone 4 sent/received data effortlessly.

I am EXTREMELY pleased with the better reception that I am getting with the iPhone 4! Bravo Apple!!

Mark

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Same way i feel.

I dont love them but i dont hate them either. Theyre a phone carrier and they do what theyre supposed to.

ashVID

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Actually, my service with AT&T was better pre-Iphone. Most of my complaints are aimed squarely at Apple. Love the phone, still not as good signal wise as it should be. Tmobile had great voice quality and rarely dropped a call BUT it lost service very easy just by walking into a building.

I've had every service at one time or another, all have strengths and weaknesses and how it works for you is dependent on your needs. I like At&t.

The numbers don't surprise me at all. Happy people don't seek out internet forums to talk about how happy they are so the reactions on forums and the internet in general are never accurate. Look at review sites and see how they review flower delivery services, according to the internet, every flower delivery company is horrific, a scam and likely a front for a puppy mill. Happy people don't leave feedback, they just enjoy their flowers.

ash =o)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.