Poll: Which Internet Browser do you use on Android?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ozaz, May 15, 2016.

?

What do you use as is your primary Internet Browser on Android?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2016.
  1. Chrome

29 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Firefox

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Opera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. OEM Browser (Samsung, HTC, etc)

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. ozaz, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016

ozaz macrumors 65816

I'm expecting to see most people use Chrome, but am curious how many don't.

If you don't use Chrome as your primary browser, what is it that you prefer about your primary browser of choice?

Edit: After creating the poll, I realised there are two variants of Opera browser. For sake of simplicity (and because I don't know how to edit the poll), please consider both to come under the single Opera option.

2. Tsepz macrumors 68000

Tsepz

I don't use Chrome, in fact I have Disabled it. I use Samsung's Internet browser with AdBlock Fast.

3. Kiezpirat80 macrumors 6502

Kiezpirat80

Me too.

4. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I use Chrome, it's better than before, very smooth and fast. I remember it being great when it first came out then it got wonky and bloated with updates over the years, on the S7 right now it rocks though. I'll have to try the Samsung browser more to play with it as many are saying good things about it. My issue is I love the way Chrome syncs everything and bookmarks etc automatically across my devices/computers.

Those that are using the Sammy browser what do you like better?

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Chrome on stock devices or devices without their own.

Samsung Internet on the Galaxy/Note lines.

Don't necessarily prefer one over the other but on Samsung devices the Samsung browser uses less ram and seems faster. As only one is truly un-installable I remove chrome and keep Sammy's.

7. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Chrome on my rooted devices

Lightning web browser + on unrooted

Don't have any touchwiz devices

8. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I tend to stick with the OEM browser. I feel its optimized for the phone that it is on.

[​IMG]

9. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Chrome, but it's very annoying because of all the ads and I can't just install an ad blocker like on iOS now.

10. c0ppo macrumors 6502a

c0ppo

Browser.apk from CM13. The fastest and most lightweight browser for Android I have ever used.

But I really do miss Safari, Android is awesome, but no browser can come even close to Safari speed and how simply fluid Safari feels :(

11. zonazolazia macrumors member

zonazolazia

Any special tweak for Chrome on rooted device?

12. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Adaway from fdroid app store :)

13. zonazolazia macrumors member

zonazolazia

Oh I see. I don't use Chrome, but I have adaway as my system wide adblocker.

14. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Chrome, begrudgingly. It's much better than it used to be but still not terrific. However I want pages/bookmarks synced across all of my devices so this is my best option.

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Chrome as default, and FireFox beta as an alternative.

16. jamezr macrumors G4

jamezr

Chrome here...love how it syncs across all my cross platform devices.

17. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Me 3.

Love the fingerprint capability to log into sites on the Samsung one as I despise so many passwords across so many places.

18. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

Before I used mainly Opera Mini because my prepaid promo only offers 40 MB for 1 or 2 days at equal to 33 cents. Opera Mini can last because it saves so much data compressed. But I go through this 1 GB data 1 week promo for about $1.50 with a different network because I don't get signal in my room from my previous network. The unused data and texts carries over too the following week if I register before it expires. Now I don't use Opera Mini as much and went back to CM Browser.

On my Lumia, I use UC Browser. I used it on my Androids too because every time I ask for an AT&T unlock code in their page, UC can input the letters and numbers I typr. I rarely ever used Chrome and disabled it. Eats up RAM and drains battery. Opera Mini is the most battery and data efficient for me. I get about 8-9+ hrs SOT while on Chrome or CM, I get about 5-6. But Opera Mini has its quirks so I rotate between it, CM, and UC.

20. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

Chrome, mainly for the syncing between my desktop. I love having passwords, autofill, and bookmarks synced between all my devices.

21. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

doesn't chrome hurt your battery life a little? i use stock currently.

22. ozaz thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm a bit surprised at the % of people using OEM browsers (I assume mainly Samsung). I hadn't anticipated it being as high as 30%.

I typically use Chrome for ease of syncing (although a couple of things irritate me about it, hence the thread).

I spent a bit of time trying the Samsung browser, Firefox, and Opera mini yesterday. One thing that would prevent me from using any of them is none seem to use Marshmallow's new text selection menu for select/copy/paste and sharing. What's up with that? All other apps on my phone in which I might want to select text seem to be using it.

23. ceva321, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016

ceva321 macrumors 6502

ceva321

I only use Opera, i love the text wrap feature.
    [​IMG]

24. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

Just given up my Android device but while I had one, Dolphin browser with the jetpack add on was the best I found and used it for years.