Poor battery life in new phones? "Battery gate"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by borntrouble, Sep 23, 2015.

1. borntrouble macrumors regular

borntrouble

Hey there,

I've just read a german test of the iPhone 6s and I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my iphone 6s pre-order.

They got horrible test-results concerning the battery Life:

5:40 browsing the web (Galaxy S6 8:30h+)
    4h of Talk Time (!) (Galaxy S6 11h+)

Don't get me wrong, I know I'll be unhappy with the overall package when buying a Galaxy S6. But those test results are not acceptable for me. I'd almost call this an audacity.

So what to do? Should I stick with my iPhone 6 and probably wait for the next gen? What are you guys thinking?

Greetings from Germany.

Source: http://m.chip.de/test/Apple-iPhone_6s_128GB-Test_83284610.html?mrr=https://www.google.de/

2. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Hurry and cancel now so someone else can get you phone.

:(

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

most reviewers said battery life is the same

never make your decision on others...everybody's usage is different

oh and projected samsung battery life is pure rubbish as my battery life was shocking with note 4 on 5.0 and it is on my S6 edge now

5. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I absolutely hate all this -gate BS every launch. I doubt battery life is really going to be that different from the last model but hey who knows.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Do not let stuff like this ruin the occasion. Been through many of these releases and this same typ stuff happens. Filter out the worst and the best and find the truth somewhere in between.

Enjoy your new phone.

7. techiebug macrumors 6502a

No way talk time only lasts 4h. That review is BS.

8. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Exactly, I can't see the iP6s having worse battery life than the iP6 but where it might be worse is the first few days as for one the battery needs a certain amount of usage to get to optimal performance and two you will be using it more. Especially true if you're trying out the 4K video which eats through a battery like I eat my dinner.

Look at these reviews like I look at Trip Advisor, cut out the top 25% and the bottom 25% and you can't go wrong. A lot of reviewers praise Apple products too much because they want to look good in apples eyes so that they get to try out their new stuff but also a lot of reviewers dump on Apple products because they have a problem with Apple.

Not sure about where your from but do you not have a period after buying the phone that you can return it if you don't like it?

As for the review in the first post saying that the S6 had over 8 hours web browsing, did they try one with the charger plugged in? The battery is better than on the iPhone 6 but not by that much and unless there is something wrong with their iPhone 6s

9. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

May I ask what profession or lifestyle you have where you would need more battery life? Generally with most apple products they give you enough battery for the day and you charge while you sleep.

10. Azzin macrumors 68040

Another attention seeker trying to create a "gate".

Sigh...

11. OneZweiThree macrumors regular

Chip.de is well known for bashing Apple. I wouldn't take them seriously.
    Just look at the top charts of smartphones. Sony z3 compact is no.6 and the 6s plus 18.
    For example they give huge minus points to the iPhone for not having an sd card slot.

They really are worse then BILD.

12. Evad3 macrumors member

Evad3

13. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

OMG the new iphonesucks because the battery doesn't last 5 days.

Apple missed the mark on the 6+ battery life. I have no idea where they get those numbers but the 6+ I sold far exceeded the browsing and playback times.

For me I will expect the iphone 6S performance be more in line with apple than some website.

My take on the smaller battery. With the new chips the power consumption was 5% less. Apple calculated that it was able to profit more money by using a slightly smaller battery while delivering similar performance as the 6 family.

Next up wristgate and the medical impacts the slightly heavier iPhones are causing. Let me introduce the iwrist.

Attached Files:

14. D. Zurwehme macrumors newbie

D. Zurwehme

hey there.
    i already have the iphone 6s , due to the low battery life i am using it as a doorstopper now.

cheers dieter

15. borntrouble thread starter macrumors regular

borntrouble

Funny. Not.

16. OneZweiThree macrumors regular

Also you should note, that they test the call time in a worst case scenario (lowest reception possible). And iPhones always have sucked more battery with bad reception.

And to be honest, there are many people who think, that chip is somewhat sponsored/paid by Samsung, but I don't know anything about that.

17. dave420 macrumors 65816

Why would Apple give us a better battery? They would have to sacrifice their profits and I wouldn't want them to do that. The battery is fine for the average person so there is no point in improving it.

18. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Apple is cramming the largest battery is can in the space available.

As far as a better battery, they use the best they can get their hands on. There is no way to cram more power into the same size battery using the same chemistry.

19. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

4hrs of talk time? *takes out phone* Excuse me while I call ******

20. mb2008 macrumors regular

Buy your phone based on the most important features for you. I haven't seen one review yet where the battery life in the 6s was significantly different than the 6, but if you are worried and don't want to use an external battery, get something else.

21. cdm283813 macrumors 6502

I'm probably more upset that Apple didn't include some type of fast charging technology and AC plug to match. The only reason why this iPhone will charge a little faster is because of the smaller battery.
    Android phones have had fast charging for over 2 years now. Only saving grace are the battery cases but for the iPhone 6 plus it will be super big.

22. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Thankfully this is a small majority that can never be pleased. EVERY launch there is a vocal minority trying to stir up some ****. It never fails.

Apple could make the perfect phone that everyone wants and there would STILL be a "gate" or someone complaining why didn't they do this, or thats not enough. Blah blah blah.

If you're not impressed with the "numbers" that vary greatly from person to person and situation to situation, you should look at other phones that suite your needs. It's akin to complaining that nothing fits you and you can't buy clothes at the store and it's so unfair - yet you're the overweight person.

23. Madonepro macrumors regular

Madonepro

So what do we think it will be this year; #3DGate, #LiveGate, #OMGMyPhoneIsSoStrongIt'sWearingOutMyPocketsGate

:cool:

24. purplehunter macrumors member

purplehunter

No life! Lol

25. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

This thread should be removed. There is no "batterygate". There cannot be a "batterygate" because the phones haven't even been released yet. This thread is click bait. Shut it down.