PopSockets and Wireless Charging?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kougra6541, Sep 25, 2017.

1. kougra6541 macrumors regular

Does anyone use popsockets on your iPhone case but also want to be able to use the new wireless charging!?

What are you doing for this? I tried mine and it connects for a few seconds and then disconnects from the wireless charger.

2. TSquareX macrumors member

RIP Popsockets and Love Handles. Great gimmick for a while, but nothing lasts forever.

3. kougra6541 thread starter macrumors regular

I still love my pop socket though! I’ve barely had it for 6 months, and whenever I take my case off I feel like it’s missing something!

4. sheltem macrumors member

Maybe get something like the Rhinoshield Mod? It has a swappable backplate. You could have a dedicated backplate that has a popsocket on it.

5. Dizz18 macrumors newbie

Dizz18

6. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

My mother is visiting for the holidays and I bought her a Mophie wireless charger for Christmas to go with her new iPhone 8 Plus. I thought it was a great gift idea until she pulled out her iPhone and I saw the PopSocket on the back. :(

Maybe it will work after all, especially since it’s kind of low on the case I will report back.

7. Thomashorsman macrumors newbie

Thomashorsman

I have a pop socket and a case and it works for my iPhone X with the mophie wireless charger, it must be close enough to the pad to still charge.

If you are uncertain, you can always go into an Apple shop and test it out