Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LewisNYC

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2009
16GB Black "Not yet shipped". Ordered a few hours after WWDC.

Heck...my order status still says Ships: June 19. :(

I guess I can wait.

Any idea what could be up? Seems odd, no? (I'm in the same boat.)

EDIT: OK, let's try this: I am in NYC.

minw2005

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
I think it's correlated to the shipping address. I am in NYC and still "not yet shipped". I ordered the white 16GB on Jun 8th eve.

minw2005

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
I'll likely be calling Apple tomorrow anyway. I picked overnight delivery ($16 charge) even though they said free delivery. :eek:

For this you can ask them to wave the shipping fee. I also selected the overnight shipping and called apple to ask if it makes a difference. I was told that they are not sure and willing to wave the shipping charge for me. So mine is still overnight delivery but without any charge.

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
Placed my order yesterday morning (Friday, June 12th)
Live in Northern Kentucky (Cincinnati, OH area)
Chose standard shipping
Status is now at "Prepared for Shipment)

One thing: I actually called Friday evening to Apple Customer Service because the confirmation email I received had conflicting information. It said "Delivers By June 19th" but below that it said "Standard Shipping: Allow 5 business days for delivery". The CS rep said they were told the "by June 19th" date is correct, regardless of shipping option chosen. Just to confirm I asked, "So I'm guaranteed to have it by the 19th?" Her response was carefully chosen as, "That's what FedEx told us they could do." lol

efyou

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
It would be cool if someone here who worked at Fedex ordered the 3GS and then took it home with them like a few days before anyone else got them shipped/delivered and then took pics :) sickkkk.

I work for FedEx Express and I'll definitely be on the lookout at my station this coming week. We even have several people that work exclusively at an Apple facility.. they punch in at our station then head over the the Apple warehouse to work. I asked one of them yesterday "what's up with the iphone out there?" and he said he didn't know anything. I don't think he really is paying attention though. He did say it was busier than usual yesterday, for whatever that's worth.

Noelmel

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
32 GB Black ordered evening of WWDC "Prepared for shipment" to Ohio;)

thats crazy i ordered the same time (evening of WWDC) got the same thing (32 black) AND I live in OHIO too!! not fair! ugh!

do u have the "standard shipping" as well?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I work for FedEx Express and I'll definitely be on the lookout at my station this coming week. We even have several people that work exclusively at an Apple facility.. they punch in at our station then head over the the Apple warehouse to work. I asked one of them yesterday "what's up with the iphone out there?" and he said he didn't know anything. I don't think he really is paying attention though. He did say it was busier than usual yesterday, for whatever that's worth.

Damn.... I wish I still worked at my station.

I'd be hunting my package down.

efyou

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
Damn.... I wish I still worked at my station.

I'd be hunting my package down.

Yeah for sure. I'm gonna try... it should be easy to find once it gets to the station but it's a matter of when they actually get there. I can't really see them sitting there for several days.. maybe a day or two.

cobalt135

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2008
thats crazy i ordered the same time (evening of WWDC) got the same thing (32 black) AND I live in OHIO too!! not fair! ugh!

do u have the "standard shipping" as well?

Yup, just left it at standard shipping. I live in Springfield FWIW and FedEx always routes through their Dayton airport facility when I get something shipped by them. I would expect to see some movement Wed. or Thurs.

Like the other member said above, Apple has a warehouse there in Memphis which is the main hub for FedEx. They just assemble the orders and their off...

El Carbonite

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
Mine still says "Not yet shipped" - ordered a 16GB white model on Wednesday night (6/10).

I'm near Sacramento, CA.

buccsmf1

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
too hold the phones till the 19th they will go too the selected cities and wait till the 19th tons of people will post I should have it tomorrow starting probably the 16th because they are being held at Fedex a few renegade orders might get delivered on the 18th possibly even the 17th. but Apple is pretty strict on there releases.

yea there's no way that at least a few iphones don't get into peoples hands a day or two early

Drewsky87

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2008
MD
Damn, mine still says Not Yet Shipped and I ordered mine just minutes after the keynote ended :eek:

trssho

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009

Let us know if you hear or see signs of movement. Wonder if these phones are container ships arriving on Monda from China on the West coast, or if they are already here in warehouses across the land.

Funny how people were talking about the 3.0 GM release not "final". Do they think 5 million phones get programmed the day before they ship?

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
I'll add that if I get a tracking number and see it arrive in my town on the 18th, I'll be calling the Fedex station to see if I can talk my way into picking it up that evening when the truck is there. Same procedure as if I get a delivery exception and have to go pick it up when the truck arrives. :cool:

LewisNYC

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2009
Damn, mine still says Not Yet Shipped and I ordered mine just minutes after the keynote ended :eek:

Trying to figure out some rhyme or reason here myself. And driving my wife crazy in the process. And hoping for a 6/19 delivery.

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
AHHHH!!! this wait is killing me..this is my first iphone and I just can't wait to get one..

By the way I got this email today from AT&T

rofl bleeps out the preorder number but not the name. i suggest you take that down asap

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.