Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rolltideguy77

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Well, I just do not feel like breaking my phone contract, it runs out eventually and I will get the minutes plan on the iphone then.

dcwckd

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Sure you can. It is what it is.

You can't GET IT anywhere else at ANY price...its not going to change.

It is what it is. A MacbookPro is 2k. An Insprion is not.

And if the price isn't what you are willing to pay, then you aren't the droids they are looking for.

At the end of the day, its as simple as that.

I pay more than $100 month for my mobile already. I'm the customer. You aren't.

If you "would be...if only"...then you are a customer for a *different product*...see?

:)

Thats fine. This really isnt a money thing. My SR MBP says Hi!

RnSK

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2004
There's a reason WAP versions of websites exist and this is why.

no...WAP sites were an invention pre EDGE...for dialup speed GRPS and TDMA.

It takes 15 seconds to load apple.com's homepage over EDGE with Opera Mini in full desktop mode.

What EDGE are YOU people using?!?! Sounds more like GPRS to me.

You DO know the DIFFERENCE...RIGHT???!?!?!

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
Of course no one has to buy one. I don't see what the big deal is about people discussing whether or not they think it's reasonable pricing or not though.

No one has to buy a fuel inefficient vehicle either. But if one does, then, there should be no discussion regarding fuel prices if they should rise to 3, 4, or 5 bucks a gallon?

Sure no one has to buy an iPhone, but if one does, there is the case to be made if one is forced to purchase a data plan from the 'service' company ie. AT&T whether they want the data plan to utilize all of the iPhone's features or not in order to get the darn thing to work.

bigfib

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2006
Plans revealed, $59.99 unlimited data inc!!

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070626/nytu057.html?.v=99

ATLANTA and CUPERTINO, Calif., June 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AT&T Inc. and Apple® today announced three simple, affordable service plans for iPhone(TM) which start at just $59.99 per month. All three plans include unlimited data, Visual Voicemail, 200 SMS text messages, roll-over minutes and unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling. With everything else already included, iPhone customers can easily choose the plan that's right for them based on the amount of voice minutes they plan to use each month. In addition, iPhone customers can choose from any of AT&T's standard service plans.

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070626/nytu057.html?.v=99

ATLANTA and CUPERTINO, Calif., June 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AT&T Inc. and Apple® today announced three simple, affordable service plans for iPhone(TM) which start at just $59.99 per month. All three plans include unlimited data, Visual Voicemail, 200 SMS text messages, roll-over minutes and unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling. With everything else already included, iPhone customers can easily choose the plan that's right for them based on the amount of voice minutes they plan to use each month. In addition, iPhone customers can choose from any of AT&T's standard service plans.

$20.00 Data Plan added to Individual Minute rates of $39.99/450min, 59.99/900min and 79.99/1350min OR 59.99/79.99/99.99 total package respectively.

$20 bucks/month data plan is a lot better than 35.00 - 45.00 range, even if other cellular companies offer lower rates for data. It's not data being shown on an iPhone "smirk".

Something even I can swing, so forget all my bitchin' and get out of my way! I'm headed to AT&T!!

Well, tomorrow, anyway.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.