Possible - we will see the iphone 4 ( or 3 Pro ) withe Steve...!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by praetorianer69, Jun 10, 2009.

1. praetorianer69 macrumors newbie

It is hard to believe for me that the iphone 3Gs will be the "state of the art" from apple until summer 2010...!!!

Perhaps we will see in a few weeks a special event with Steve - and he presents the iphone 4 ( 3 pro )...

So we get a real iphone family like the macbooks :

- 3G end of life

- 3Gs
    - 3Pro

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

3. Que macrumors 6502

not a chance in hell.

can you imagine the uproar? people lock themselves into 18-24 month contracts with the 3gs and then they bring out an even better phone.

ridiculous suggestion.

4. svndmvn Guest

check out the macbook history, the white one's still here. IMO, there will be no modifications in 6 months, maybe a year or longer

5. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

The 3G S is it.

6. fishmoose macrumors 68000

No I don't think so, they will update once a year so next WWDC we will see a new iPhone and that's the one I will upgrade to :)

Happy with my 3G still!

7. arubinst macrumors 6502

What else were you expecting that they would put on a phone?

I mean, it's a phone, after all, right? Based on the thickness/form-factor of the iPhone, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have a much better camera (megapixel-wise) than the one they will now provide with the 3Gs. Better pics would require better optics, and you cannot fit better optics in that thin case. You would also require a flash, which leads to the same spacing/form-factor problem and a new one: battery.

On the other hand, a front-facing camera for videoconferencing is something many people dream about because they've never had it (especially in the US). They see this as a sign of technical achievement and as a futuristic feature. In fact, as I'm sure many here know, this is a some-years-old feature that people don't really use that much. I've had 4 video-phones and I have probably made 4 video-calls in my whole life, each time, just testing the quality. Granted, it would be interesting to have video-calling within iChat or Skype, using only data and not a cellular video-call, but this would require Apple stop listening to AT&T and granting every wish they have.

So what other "Pro" feature are you expecting to see that would justify pissing all the 3Gs buyers off?

And Steve? I really believe that they're purposely separating the ancient Apple/Jobs indivisible unit...

8. David Turnbull macrumors newbie

Come on the, the 3G S added a ton of features and doubled in speed...what more could you want?

Don't expect another phone until next year but I expect most hardware upgrades will be incremental. Most features will come in the form of software.

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Keep dreaming man, now if Steve shows up and introduces the iGame, a revolutionary, new gaming console... That would be epic. Just my opinion.

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Not going to happen...

Remember the issue when Apple got rid of the 4 GB iPhone? Imagine that multiplied by millions. Yep, complete disaster. That's ruin-a-company bad.

11. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

I still have a nagging feeling that Steve has something up his sleeve.

12. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

That would be epic.

/thread

13. dagomike macrumors 65816

I think it's going back to work.

14. iamskier macrumors member

not a chance. why would they want everyone to buy iphone 3gs when they are making a new one?? sorry to say not gonna happen :(

15. Benjic macrumors regular

An IV.

16. AlfaLavala macrumors regular

This.

17. nfl46 macrumors 603

If Steve does have something up his sleeve, it won't be related to the iPhone.

Maybe a low-end iPhone or something like that, or a netbook. But iPhone 3GS is the 2009 iPhone. You won't see a new one until next summer. People would be pissed if they locked themselves in new contracts and a new one came out in 6 months! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

:eek:, so not funny!

19. IFBrock macrumors newbie

I don't forsee this happening. Give Steve a break people :p lol

20. Merkie macrumors 68020

Haha, really? Let's let millions of people buy the new iPhone a week before an even better phone is introduced!

21. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

this is the dumbest thread ever

except for the otehr thread just like this one...thats a dumb thread too..

please stop being delusional

22. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Are you kidding me, that was hilarious.

23. puliaficoc20 Guest

there wont be a low end iphone the 8gb iphone 3g is the low end...its $99 next people will want it free if thats the next step but i dont see it happening soon. chances are yes if it will be something it will be a netbook-like device but there wont be a lower end phone anytime soon.

also that would strip away a bunch of features people want and then there will be another uproar that apple just released a very cheap crappy phone

24. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Nope. You people have it all wrong. Steve is apparently very hands-on, but from what I've read, he understands his role in the company. Especially now that he's close to retirement, Apple aren't going to hold off big announcements just to stroke his ego.

It is important for Apple that Steve is not seen as essential. The best way to do that is to make his absence as low-key an affair as possible and to avoid massive showboating when he returns.

Stop being so desperate.