Possibly Leaked Images of Next iPhone? And Other Sketchy Rumors

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 4, 2009.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

In the days leading up to any major Apple event. the rumors tend to reach a frenzy with an avalanche of reports and images claiming to be real. The most common "fake" images that begin circulating are mockups that claim to be screenshots from Apple's site. Unless these "leaks" were actually witnessed by a large audience of people, they have historically always been fake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The latest of these images come from italian site SpazioCellulare who posted an image yesterday and a more convincing set today (embedded above) that seems one of the more believable images that have been posted. The image appears to reflect many of the circulating rumors that have been released about the iPhone and as such may simply be an ambitious mockup. TUAW notes there are some unique findings to the images, however. There appears to be an extra button on the lower-side of the case (camera shutter?) and the headphone jack for the iPhone appears to have moved down to the bottom of the unit. We certainly aren't confident that these images are real, but do serve as interesting speculation.

Some other rumors with even less evidence surrounding them include claims of iPhone Video and a German launch (iFun.de) of the next iPhone set for June 19th.

We're only 4 days away from the WWDC keynote. Stay tuned.

Article Link: Possibly Leaked Images of Next iPhone? And Other Sketchy Rumors

2. lazydesi macrumors 6502

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Ebony and Ivory phones. Paul McCartney is the spokesperson and he releases The Beatles exclusively on iTunes. :D

4. xnu macrumors 6502

xnu

Looks nice, match rumored bezel, I think it could be real.

5. emt1 macrumors 65816

6. The General macrumors 601

I like how the back is flat. I will once again be able to set the phone on a desk and type with my index finders. I find that that is the fastest typing for me.

But headphone jack on the bottom? Kinda weird.

7. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Are there two "holes" on the top in that?

Isn't the sleep/power button on the opposite side too?

8. KilGil27 macrumors regular

KilGil27

9. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Shouldn't this iPhone be using the 3.0 software? SMS is supposed to be Messages. Right?

10. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i said this on another picture, but it seems like it has 2.0 software on it because of the old '3G' logo?

11. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

12. dragonmaster macrumors member

dragonmaster

iphone 3.0 has mms and in 3.0 software the icon does not say 'sms'. why would apple post this on a site with it showing old software?! ... i say FAKE

13. markojug macrumors regular

14. markojug macrumors regular

That is the 3G logo

15. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I don;t know if I would like to have another button on the next phone. Just something else to break like the silent switch... I would rather have them do away with the switch and just put the option in the main menu....

James

16. maxpayne.co.uk macrumors member

I hope the headphone jack is not on the bottom. It feels weird and wrong.

17. Ubbens macrumors newbie

And didn't iPhone OS 3.0 had a new spotlight-menu to the left? I don't see that either on this picture, whilst I do see the battery percentage.
    I'd like this to be real, but I think it's fake.

18. harshilk1 macrumors newbie

It seems I dont believe it..

If those pictures were to be of Next Generation iPhone then most likely it would be running iPhone OS 3.0. Looking at the screen it seems that it is running iPhone OS 2.?.?. (I can tell that because of the message icon which says SMS in the bubble. iPhone OS 3.0 version only has bubble.)

19. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

It's also missing the search thing and the voice app. FAKE.

20. mrbrown macrumors 6502a

It looks as though there is a 1st generation, recessed headphone jack on the bottom of the phone... I'm calling fake.

21. kingofkolt macrumors 6502

22. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

It doesn't even look like it has 3.0, there's no voice recording app.

23. AriX macrumors 6502

AriX

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised with a device running 2.0, as it's probably somewhat compatible, especially the prototypes (it probably now has IMG3 encryption built in, which is still compatible with 2.x), but I just don't think they'd put that old of a version (before 2.1, I believe) on it. Doesn't make sense. Having 2.x on it at all is a big stretch.

Bottom line: FAKE

24. The General macrumors 601

No, he's talking about the thing on the top right. The old 3G logo is on the top left with the old SMS icon.

25. imcquill macrumors member

Yep. The lower hole is the ear speaker, and I'm guessing the one above is for the front facing video camera.

[edit: I'm talking about the slots on the top of the front face. I think you were talking about something else.]