Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattXDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2014
UK
Has anyone actually received their free case yet? Mine's shipped but won't get here until next week.

I'm wondering if there's a barcode on it. Like is it retail packaging? Reason I ask is because I'd like to go into the store and swap it out for a different color... lol is that petty? :rolleyes:

Mine came at 8am the next day, by courier (Syncreon/UKMail). It was exactly like I had just bought one, in the official box.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Got a replacement for my case because it broke, they let me off returning it, not exactly a free case but nice of them anyhow.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
An extra scummy move would be to receive the free case then take it to the store and return it for $50 store credit :eek:

bigpika

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2013
Scotland
Keep us updated how it goes. Also, what did you say to 'try' and get the free case?

what did you say.??
i want one.lol

complained about not being able to get apple care when ordering the phone, and that the website was a nightmare.

also that i have a small mark on my phone and that i wanted to purchase the silicon case to cover but couldn't due to no stock till october. I'm hoping they turn round and say we are so sorry blah blah, heres a leather a case :D.

as i said i very much doubt i'll even get a reply

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
I called to complain about my 6+ bending even with the free leather case, so they are sending me a free 6 for my troubles.

I love my 6+ BTW and no it's not bent.

So let me get this straight... so you have an iP6+ a free case and a free iP6 all together? What do you plan on doing with an extra iPhone?

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
complained about not being able to get apple care when ordering the phone, and that the website was a nightmare.

also that i have a small mark on my phone and that i wanted to purchase the silicon case to cover but couldn't due to no stock till october. I'm hoping they turn round and say we are so sorry blah blah, heres a leather a case :D.

as i said i very much doubt i'll even get a reply

I tried the 'not-being-able-to-get-AppleCare+' complaint and all I got was the number for AppleCare and told that I can purchase it over the phone :| But that was through Sales chat and not customer services.

bigpika

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2013
Scotland
I tried the 'not-being-able-to-get-AppleCare+' complaint and all I got was the number for AppleCare and told that I can purchase it over the phone :| But that was through Sales chat and not customer services.

i did it through the chat too, thats where i got the email address from.

they seem to be handing them out left right and centre, so its worth a go.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK

Exactly the same here! lol

julyzerg

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
Has anyone actually received their free case yet? Mine's shipped but won't get here until next week.

I'm wondering if there's a barcode on it. Like is it retail packaging? Reason I ask is because I'd like to go into the store and swap it out for a different color... lol is that petty? :rolleyes:

I bought case in BestBuy and it does have bar-code and states the color on back of the package, and on the receipt too =))
But you can still buy the one like, take it out from the box and put the apple-give-away one into that box and return it. If the employee notice, just say sorry and be back later with other employees, or if they are all "no-go" then bad luck lol

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bought soft pink leather case from apple store on launch day. When opened at home left side of the case was all scratched. Traveled to a different store last Tuesday and got it replaced without any difficulty. Again when opened the quality of the case was terrible. At this point i was proper fuming and disappointed plus both stores are located few miles away from me. Rang apple support and spoke to a supervisor. He explained as it is an iPhone accessory they cannot process it as a repair or replacement and had to be done in store but to avoid me traveling again he offered me a new case as a gift. Btw i live in UK :)

Sal

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
I called Apple asking if I'd be able to go to the store and swap out my free one for a different color. Petty I know...

They said it should be no problem and even called the store for me to confirm. :D

BytesGuy

Sep 18, 2014
Has anyone tried contacting Apple support live chat and complaining to try and get one? Thinking of trying myself as I had to get mine replaced due to dead pixels and I wasted a whole evening trying to restore back to 8.0...

Dundonik

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2013
Has anyone tried contacting Apple support live chat and complaining to try and get one? Thinking of trying myself as I had to get mine replaced due to dead pixels and I wasted a whole evening trying to restore back to 8.0...

It won't work, they can't process it I tried :\

troyhouse

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2010
had tried couple of days ago, and got free midnight blue leather case for 6+, and apple-tv for 2 orders that i had pending.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.