Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniphils

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2013
I went to the Apple Store and asked for a free case because of all the waiting for the iPhone 6.

Genius had great understanding and gave me a free case!

b2a681c5a5fd900b78e48703712a69e0.jpg

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
I tried over the phone last weekend. Rep didn't budge, talked to manager and he told him he wasn't authorized, I fint push the issue because they don't actually owe me anything so I said I understand and went on my way.

Dyn-tec

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
The price for many of you to "sell your integrity" = A phone case....embarrassing!

I am hoping this thread is made up of students/kids, that will mature into ethical people...

I may be in the minority, but I think the plotting of your lies, all for a free case, is ridiculous.

Power to the peeps who called and were offered a free case but you other "scammers," which is what you are, do not deserve it.

You can try to justify your actions with lines like "it costs Apple nothing to make the case..." or ..."I bought 2 phones off of Apple, it's the least they can do...." Say what you want, it's wrong.

I am sure I will get flamed, I am ok with that. I guess if I need to find some unethical people that will partake in "shady behavior," I know where to go.

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
The price for many of you to "sell your integrity" = A phone case....embarrassing!

I am hoping this thread is made up of students/kids, that will mature into ethical people...

I may be in the minority, but I think the plotting of your lies, all for a free case, is ridiculous.

Power to the peeps who called and were offered a free case but you other "scammers," which is what you are, do not deserve it.

You can try to justify your actions with lines like "it costs Apple nothing to make the case..." or ..."I bought 2 phones off of Apple, it's the least they can do...." Say what you want, it's wrong.

I am sure I will get flamed, I am ok with that. I guess if I need to find some unethical people that will partake in "shady behavior," I know where to go.

I want a free case...

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
My free leather case won't get here until October 1...... I wonder if I can just go buy one from Apple store and return the one I get once it comes? lol

djgcue

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2008

+1 might as well stand off a freeway and beg for money

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
What is Apple's policy on something like this when a rep gives you a free item?

Can I walk into a store and exchange it for the same item in a different color? (ie - exchange my blue case for a brown case)
Technically, none of us have receipts... so I'm wondering what they would say if you bring in a brand new unopened case looking to swap it out.

tritonv3pro

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2013
Texas
Free Iphone 6 :)

I called to complain about my 6+ bending even with the free leather case, so they are sending me a free 6 for my troubles. /s

I love my 6+ BTW and no it's not bent.

Last edited:

julyzerg

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
I bought an iphone 6 from t-mobile store, "problem" was that T-mobile store doesn't carry any iphone 6 accessories now (they barely even have the phones) so I will tell apple rep. my phone was being scratched and unprotected. what should I do =)) :mad:

Last edited:

rumorman69

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
Has anyone been able to get a free case recently? I tried yesterday several times with no luck. Feel free to reply or pm me with your tactic!

joeptp

macrumors regular
May 13, 2014
Austin, TX
The key word to use is INCONVENIENCE

No luck. Here is my history.

1. Called to add AppleCare+ on the iPhone 6. Told the rep I called earlier before receiving the phone to add AppleCare, but the rep said to call back when I have the phone and that I can ask for a free case for the inconvenience I had when spending 2 hours trying to order online and not get offered AppleCare at checkout. Transferred to 2 different people, last guy said can't help you, no free cases.

2. Today updated my iPhone to 8.0.1, phone was out, this was actually a serious inconvenience for me as I use my phone for work and I couldn't receive calls and I was running errands during this time. I get back to my computer, chat up support, tell them all the inconvenience I been having since I got the iPhone 6. They tell me backup and restore. No case offered.

3. Followed up with chat support because my iTunes restore wasn't working, told them all the inconvenience this is causing me, they told me how to restore through the phone, and got my phone back up. No case offered.

Dunno how you guys are doing it. I am thinking of going on live chat and just asking for it.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
Has anyone actually received their free case yet? Mine's shipped but won't get here until next week.

I'm wondering if there's a barcode on it. Like is it retail packaging? Reason I ask is because I'd like to go into the store and swap it out for a different color... lol is that petty? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.