Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
I only regulary use about 8 apps each day. On my homescreen I have 16 because it makes it easier to see what I use. 12 at the top and 4 in the dock.

Here's my problem.

I can't for the life of me resize the icons to make better use of the screen on my iPhone 6.
I've tried everything but they only jiggle. The resizing/stretch function isn't working.

/s

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I didn't go through the whole thread, sorry if this has been stated.

There's an orientation bug. If I'm in messages in portrait and then go to safari and rotate it to landscape and then use multitasking to go back into messages it stays in portrait. Not just these apps, happens to any that defaults to portrait. Pretty annoying but not earth shattering. It used to realize you were in landscape and adjust accordingly pre-iOS 8. Shame the software has defecated in the bed.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
The curious and aggravating problem with my Air 2 seems o be related to charging: when just on battery, touch is just lovely, but while it is plugged in, response is very erratic, sometimes recording touches I have not made, sometimes not recording touches I haaave made, and not always being able to tell ow many fingers are on the screen (a simple scroll can turn into a zoom or can. Be recorded as a tap, selecting an item when I wanted to scroll down a list). I hope this can be fixed in software.

Hmmph. I guess the problem I was having was not related to iOS 8 at all. Seems I was using an aging Belkin power brick that has seen better days. Switching to the Apple power brick has taken care of my problem.

Last edited:

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
Every now and then there's a popping sound from my Air 2's speakers when there should be an unlock sound.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Reminders don't clear from notification centre on my iPad. I clear them on iPhone. They stay on iPad. Clearing one on iPad makes them all update and clear.

patriotp

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2014
music app was working fine on 7.1.2 but ever since i upgraded to ios 8 it has been really laggy

island12

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2014
After i upgraded iphone6+ to 8.1.2 i faced many screen lock on camera app, it can be seen below picture and appeare purple lights on the screen as you can see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
My iPad 4 safari i keep permanently in private mode. When I open safari and touch the search bar and type it freezes and locks. A force close fixes it. This is pretty consistent behaviour.

DaBossIsHere

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
On my iPad Air, when in private mode on safari and I close the tabs, sound would still come for a few seconds from the private tab.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
The timer always showing 00:00 on the lock screen! So annoying when using it for cooking and want to take quick glances at timings!

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
On my lock screen the timer works fine (it was set at 15 min)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 85

multipasser

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2010
Mmm.. since 8.1.2 my 5s shuts down again at 18% battery. Annoying. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Previous version went to 1% every time!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
The timer always showing 00:00 on the lock screen! So annoying when using it for cooking and want to take quick glances at timings!

Presume you're using 12h time and in the UK/region other than USA (latter part may not be the case)?

This combination causes issues for many things to do with dates and times, for example the timer showing 00:00 on the lockscreen and iTunes Connect not loading any data. It's been there since iOS 7.0 and is quite annoying.

A workaround is switching to 24h time.

I filed a bug report with Apple last month and apparently it's still being investigated.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Presume you're using 12h time and in the UK/region other than USA (latter part may not be the case)?

This combination causes issues for many things to do with dates and times, for example the timer showing 00:00 on the lockscreen and iTunes Connect not loading any data. It's been there since iOS 7.0 and is quite annoying.

I filed a bug report with Apple last month and apparently it's still being investigated.

That's why I'm not experiencing the issue

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
iTunes match is basically a bug all over. I once had it working very well on 7.1.2 and thought apple were finally taking the service seriously.

There is something majorly wrong with iTunes match with a UK iTunes account, i've even tried fresh installing iOS and just simply enabling iTunes match and nothing else and all I get are music app crashes, music app telling me it's playing a song but can't hear anything, showing wrong album art of even track information than the song i'm hearing, not playing songs on the device when aeroplane mode is on, not playing songs downloaded to the device when I have bad mobile signal (it's supposed to just play the song on the device) - usually solved by switching aeroplane mode off/on about 3 times to kick it back into life until 5-10 songs later and the music app crashes again - I think it's trying to send play count and rating information back to apple and halts everything when it can't. Not working on cellular for minutes between songs even with "use mobile data" switched on and can browse web fine, duplicates within albums (one says downloaded to device and other says it's in the cloud) - even have the same track numbers, downloads freeze at "processing" - some have a cancel icon and others don't for no reason and for those without a cancel button it will time out and re-download the whole song again and repeat this process in your pocket getting really hot and draining the battery, it also moves songs out of playlists and renames playlists so I end up with "purchased" and "purchased music" which are the same playlist at first sight but downloading one does not make the songs playable in the other, you end up with a new "recently added" playlist each week, and if you are listening to songs on iTunes match (streamed or downloaded), don't switch between music app and back too much or skip forward more than 2 tracks or you'll end up having to reset iTunes match in the settings from the start again. And lastly, if you leave a playlist downloading on WiFi but it doesn't quite finish before having to board a plane, it doesn't simply pause the downloads for later - instead it gets majorly hot in your pocket and drains the battery - even though it's in aeroplane mode.

Jonathan

Last edited:

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Contacts Randomly Losing Data

May already be here but didn't find it on a search.

All my Contacts are via GMail and I use GMail Exchange to sync to my iPhone 6+.

Issue: Contacts are losing data internal to the contact on the iPhone side only. The contacts are still fine on the GMail side.

First noticed last week and I confirmed with another check today.
I have a contact I named Number Blacklisted to which I add all telemarketing (TM) callers. I block this contact for calls and messaging.
I started noticing an issue when I started getting an increase in the number of TM calls on my iPhone but not on my G3. I added the new TM numbers t my Blacklisted contact and when I synced the iPhone to my Gmail contacts (using Contacts Sync app) it showed an error saying the numbers already existed. I check my G3 and the numbers did exist in my GMail contacts.
So I re-synced my GMail contacts back to my iPhone.
Had a few more over the last couple of days on my iPhone. Added numbers, resynced and the same issue. Looking deeper and comparing a number of contacts (via the app) I am finding that some contacts are losing numbers and other data in a seemingly random fashion.
So, I tried this on my iPad Mini Retina. Just synced and waited a few days. Sure enough, out of 132 contacts, 3 now have missing data on the iPad.
This seems to be an iOS 8 issue, not a device issue.

My contacts generally contain names, numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, important dates and occasionally notes. I use GMail as my primary repository with a physical backup on an external drive. I do not use iCloud and it is blocked on my iPhone (IT security).

Last edited:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Spinning data wheel everytime I browse Safari for more than 10-15 minutes. Force-closing the app cures it until the next time.

A pathetic amount of app and browser tab reloads.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK

Hi, thanks! This workaround works.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Spinning data wheel everytime I browse Safari for more than 10-15 minutes. Force-closing the app cures it until the next time.

A pathetic amount of app and browser tab reloads.
I'm using Safari, it's been well over one hour. No spinning wheel and no tab reloads (3 tabs opened in this moment). You are constantly reporting issues about your iPhones 6+, I'm very curious to know why are you still using it. Every single post you wrote is to put your iPhone in a bad light.
I'd have it changed with something else in your case..............

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I'm using Safari, it's been well over one hour. No spinning wheel and no tab reloads (3 tabs opened in this moment). You are constantly reporting issues about your iPhones 6+, I'm very curious to know why are you still using it. Every single post you wrote is to put your iPhone in a bad light.
I'd have it changed with something else in your case..............

Well I don't know what you do with yours, but I notice the lack of RAM daily. My iPhone 5 was bad for tab reloads but the 6+ is much, much worse. This evening I have been researching laptops and have had Ebay, Amazon, and three browser tabs open. Each time I have swapped between Safari, Amazon and Ebay the app/browser has reloaded. On Safari this hasn't been a huge problem, but on Amazon and Ebay it has infuriated me as I've had to start a new search every time. This wouldn't have happened on my iPhone 5, which is two generations older!

I'm thinking that you have an i6 Max, and not the 6+. Correct me if I'm wrong. If so, then you have a different machine. The 6+ is crippled really compared to the iPhone 6 (and even the 5S/i5) when it comes to memory management. The higher resolution screen and/or 'desktop scaler' must have something to do with it.

multipasser

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2010
I'd suggest you to have your battery checked.

Battery checked? So it has gone bad during a software update?
I posted this on facebook and 5 friends have the same problems!

Iphone shutsdown at random when batt is still 10%+ !!!
so it is a software problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.