Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I took out my prime lens and SLR which I haven't used in a while just to play around:

qkLRj6r.jpg

Z5RNRMI.jpg

k5CRdPM.jpg

FlHCjeU.jpg

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
it's a sigma 30mm f/1.4 and a canon t2i i've had for about 4 years. love my canon 11-16mm wide angle I got though that I use in non-bokeh craving situations.

Nikons are great too though, not a hater :D just went canon because of 3rd party lens support at the time.

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
it's a sigma 30mm f/1.4 and a canon t2i i've had for about 4 years. love my canon 11-16mm wide angle I got though that I use in non-bokeh craving situations.

Nikons are great too though, not a hater :D just went canon because of 3rd party lens support at the time.

I went from Canon to Nikon to a camera that felt right. One i borrowed then got my own. Not a Canon hater. I know Sony and Toshiba make sensors for both. Its just preference. After i posted i thought 50mm wouldn't fit that much in the frame. Oh well. :D

Nikon D90 the game changer. Love that camera.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I went from Canon to Nikon to a camera that felt right. One i borrowed then got my own. Not a Canon hater. I know Sony and Toshiba make sensors for both. Its just preference. After i posted i thought 50mm wouldn't fit that much in the frame. Oh well. :D

Nikon D90 the game changer. Love that camera.

Nikon is way more comfortable than Canon :p Nikon shooter here. It's a personal preference we share in common.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
I took out my prime lens and SLR which I haven't used in a while just to play around:

[url=http://imgur.com/FlHCjeU.jpg]Image[/url][/QUOTE]

Boy, the gold sure looks sharp. I'm leaning towards space gray but theses photos look very special.[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

[/COLOR][quote="dexterbell, post: 21024285"]At Dairy Queen hehe[/QUOTE]

A great place to get out for a treat and play with your new toy. It sure looks great!

(I'm going to have to have some ice cream for a snack tonight before bed).[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

[/COLOR][quote="AppleTech22, post: 21024710"]Would be awesome if someone did an in-the-dark comparison of the new backlit keyboard and another MacBook!![/QUOTE]

I concur!

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
Seeing these shots "in the wild", makes me want a rMB more than ever. Especially the shot comparing the iPad to the rMB, given I'm typing this on my iPad Air now and would much prefer a real keyboard.

Figuring out which color is going to be the more difficult question. I really dig the Space Gray, but like the Gold as it works better with our wood wraps. I'll have to get to a store to take a gander at both and spend some time with them to help make my decision.

Seems like Apple will be getting a few thousand dollars more of my hard earned money - as I'll likely pick up a Watch or two as well.

Reactions: trevpimp

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
a laptop as your laptop's wallpaper? lol

screw the 2008 air, look at how jazzed Jobs is haha.

I've been switching the wallpaper up, and though I put it up for photographing purposes, I've actually come to like it sometimes.

snapper64

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
Oh, sorry, left is space gray 16:10 12" MacBook. Right is silver 16:9 11" MacBook Air. There's lots of light leaking around the keys on the Air.
What resolution are you running on the new MacBook in the backlight comparison picture?

How do you find the new MacBook in comparison to the 11" Air? The screen size increase looks a lot more significant than I though it would when they're side by side in that photo.

iDave

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2003
What resolution are you running on the new MacBook in the backlight comparison picture?
1440 x 900. I set it that way the first day and never went back.

----------

How do you find the new MacBook in comparison to the 11" Air? The screen size increase looks a lot more significant than I though it would when they're side by side in that photo.
There's no comparison. New MB has an IPS screen so contrast is much better and there is no color shift when tilting the screen. Since it can be run at 1440 x 900, it seems more like 14" than 12", but then I have pretty good glasses. The text on screen does seem a little small sometimes, but super sharp as expected, so very readable.

snapper64

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
1440 x 900. I set it that way the first day and never went back.

----------

There's no comparison. New MB has an IPS screen so contrast is much better and there is no color shift when tilting the screen. Since it can be run at 1440 x 900, it seems more like 14" than 12", but then I have pretty good glasses. The text on screen does seem a little small sometimes, but super sharp as expected, so very readable.

Thanks, it really does look good. I used to have the 11" but switched to a rMBP for the better screen. I've wanted to switch back for the portability ever since, looks like I finally can without losing retina :)

The new keyboard backlighting looks loads better in that photo as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.