Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I am a SUV lover and i hate loud!! low profile cars [sedans hatchbacks].Toyota Fortuner was my childhood dream ever since it was launched way back in 2005. That dream came true last year :D My next dream car is Cadillac Esqullade (ESV),which i am going to buy soon.

IMG_0111.PNG

My next target :D

IMG_0143.JPG

Last edited:

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: jaknudsen and UL2RA

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
Either one of these and I'd be happy as a clam. 5.0 in the F150 of course. Still have 2-3 years before I can afford one though. By then I have a feeling I will hate the new body styles that come out.

Attachments

• USC60TOS072F021001.jpg
    USC60TOS072F021001.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 72b33ab513be800f396f3dd4cbc3a135-680x497.jpg
    72b33ab513be800f396f3dd4cbc3a135-680x497.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 210

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I am a SUV lover and i hate loud!! low profile cars [sedans hatchbacks].Toyota Fortuner was my childhood dream ever since it was launched way back in 2005. That dream came true last year

Question. I believe you said you live in Canada previously. So how is it that you own a Toyota Fortuner if they're available and manufactured in the Middle East, more specifically India and Indonesia? The Fortuner is NOT available in North America. It was primarily designed for the Middle East.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Fortuner

Last edited:

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
Question. I believe you said you live in Canada previously. So how is it that you own a Toyota Fortuner if they're available and manufactured in the Middle East, more specifically India and Indonesia? The Fortuner is NOT available in North America. It was primarily designed for the Middle East.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Fortuner

Not sure why you dig up this old Post, I asked you a Question and you never replied at that time and now you did let me make it clear for you,
No.1 i never said in my post that i own Toyota Fortuner in Canada, did i say it anywhere?
No.2 You are right Toyota Fortuner is manufactured in India Thailand and other countries you mentioned.
No.3 I love to drive it when ever i visit my home. Rest of the time it's Parked in the Garage locked up.
No.4 I hate sedans or low profile cars. I am full time SUV rider. :)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Not sure why you dig up this old Post, I asked you a Question and you never replied at that time and now you did let me make it clear for you,
No.1 i never said in my post that i own Toyota Fortuner in Canada, did i say it anywhere?
No.2 You are right Toyota Fortuner is manufactured in India Thailand and other countries you mentioned.
No.3 I love to drive it when ever i visit my home. Rest of the time it's Parked in the Garage locked up.

1.) This is a car thread. (Your Post isn't that old) Completely separate. Which, I have posted on the car threads before on this site.

2.) Where is your question you're indicating? You never asked one.

3.) From past readings, Fortuners are cheaply made, Which is why they are made more affordable for economies like India, where pricing is unaffordably high for consumer products and vehicles.

4.) I'm not questioning you like to drive it. I simply applied to their availability only in the Middle East, because they don't meet emission controls in the U.S.

5.) Yes, you mentioned you lived in Canada when you had the user name "SunnySunnySingh", since you have altered your username, which affects older posts.

Last edited:

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
From past readings, Fortuners are cheaply made, Which is why they are made more affordable for economies like India, where pricing is unaffordably high for consumer products and vehicles.
Not sure why you say it's cheaply made. It costs 31 lacks on road.convert it into US dollars = $ 50000 dollars (1 us dollar = 64 Indian rupees)
Do you think a car costing 50000 U$D is Cheap. I think you need to check it in person to make any decision.
This is a rugged vehicle designed specially for Indian Road. (Which are not so Good)
It can beat the hell out of all US made trucks. This beast in build to last [Toyotas Reliability] and not cheap made.
This vehicle is most commonly used by Indian political leaders Do you think they will use a cheap made vehicle.
IMG_0092.JPG

India’s finance minister Arun Jaitley in his Fortuner.
And here is a link to the article which states India Govt buys 12 Toyota fortuners :-

https://www.telegraphindia.com/1150409/jsp/jharkhand/story_13461.jsp
Even India army use this vehicle and you say it's cheap made.
IMG_0095.PNG
IMG_0096.PNG

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It can beat the hell out of all US made trucks.

That's defintely an opinion. But I'm not being dismissive of you liking it. It's just my opinion how I view it. And being the amount of Mechanical recalls on this vehicle that are from Toyota , it seems that suffers with reliability issues. Rugged it may be, but dependability can be another. If you Research previous models, you will see what I'm referring too.

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
That's defintely an opinion. But I'm not being dismissive of you liking it. It's just my opinion how I view it. And being the amount of Mechanical recalls on this vehicle that are from Toyota , it seems that suffers with reliability issues. Rugged it may be, but dependability can be another. If you Research previous models, you will see what I'm referring too.
I am "burned" defeted and probably on my last legs :D
There is no recall on this model sold in India by Toyota. I don't disagree but it may have suffered mechanical problems in other countries which i am unaware of. But the model sold with 3.0 D4D engine and full time four wheel drive (not part time) option. It's the best. It's reliability is unmatched. I have clocked 20k miles and it hasn't given me any trouble yet.
Toyota Fortuner is like "Rolls Royce" in Indian Culture. It's Called the "king of Roads" in India. A Gangster Car :cool:
---------------------------
Edit :- Relentles Power,
not going to make another post, So posting my queries here

I am not talking about AT gear box.

it's the 5 speed manual gearbox, which have zero issue. Search About Toyota Fortuner with 3.0 D4D engine [diesel] with manual gearbox and also it's Full time four wheel drive. [Indian version]

The fourms and articles you are referring to are related to some other countries. Where Toyota fortuner is sold with different specs. [I would like to hear reports form India]

Also The issues which you are referring to in your post no 224 are presented in a new 2.8 AT gearbox. Not what i have.
----------------

IMG_0413.PNG

^^^^^^ This is the 5 speed manual gearbox
IMG_0414.JPG

^^^^^ This is the model i am taking about 3.0 D4D turbo diesel engine which produces 169 Bhp, with 4X4 manual gearbox. [FTFWD]
---------------
Also mine is previous generation model,not new one, which has lost its butch looks, it looks more awarked from front. (not to my liking) that's why i bought previous model. Before Toyota discontinued it last year :mad:

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I am "burned" defeted and probably on my last legs :D
There is no recall on this model sold in India by Toyota. I don't disagree but it may have suffered mechanical problems in other countries which i am unaware of. But the model sold with 3.0 D4D engine and full time four wheel drive (not part time) option. It's the best. It's reliability is unmatched. I have clocked 20k miles and it hasn't given me any trouble yet.
Toyota Fortuner is like "Rolls Royce" in Indian Culture. It's Called the "king of Roads" in India. A Gangster Car :cool:

1.) Your first sentence makes no sense to me.

2.) So you are from India then (Or Canada, which the Fortuner is not available their). . Because you said you were not From India in this post: Very confusing.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-next-few-months.2038294/page-4#post-24429568

3.) 20,000 miles isn't even considered a car hardly used yet. You shouldn't be experiencing any issues, not many cars do.

4.) That's great that you like it. It just looks cheap to me. But to each their own.

5.) "Gangster Car"? I don't see the appeal here as a "Gangster" Car. It's a white SUV.

6.) I mentioned it's rugged, which for various terrain, it likely is. But saying it beats all American Trucks doesn't make your statement accurate. Unless you know everything about trucks, which I doubt you do.

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
Not sure why you say it's cheaply made. It costs 31 lacks on road.convert it into US dollars = $ 50000 dollars (1 us dollar = 64 Indian rupees)
Do you think a car costing 50000 U$D is Cheap. I think you need to check it in person to make any decision.
This is a rugged vehicle designed specially for Indian Road. (Which are not so Good)
It can beat the hell out of all US made trucks. This beast in build to last [Toyotas Reliability] and not cheap made.
This vehicle is most commonly used by Indian political leaders Do you think they will use a cheap made vehicle.
View attachment 708813
India’s finance minister Arun Jaitley in his Fortuner.
And here is a link to the article which states India Govt buys 12 Toyota fortuners :-

https://www.telegraphindia.com/1150409/jsp/jharkhand/story_13461.jsp
Even India army use this vehicle and you say it's cheap made.
View attachment 708815 View attachment 708816
Looks like a 4Runner. Which are good rigs.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't disagree but it may have suffered mechanical problems in other countries which i am unaware of. It's the best. It's reliability is unmatched

Reliability unmatched..... transmission problems? LoL. And this includes your 2016 model. Sounds like Toyota should address this issue of a junky transmission.

https://www.tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars-talk-80/2016-toyota-fortuner-jerky-transmission-102978/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...160624&usg=AFQjCNH8Kd0eTxs1rACvgHuCKlrfFF-F3w

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Reliability unmatched..... transmission problems? LoL. And this includes your 2016 model. Sounds like Toyota should address this issue of a junky transmission.

https://www.tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars-talk-80/2016-toyota-fortuner-jerky-transmission-102978/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...160624&usg=AFQjCNH8Kd0eTxs1rACvgHuCKlrfFF-F3w

I've mostly read this is just a problem with the ECU? They also noted in the second link that when Toyota does face a problem, they won't hesitate to fix it.

I personally like Toyota but my favorite car of theirs is now assembled in France and has a much less desirable interior on certain aspects (Like you can't fit a large drink in the cup holders anymore).

Edit: They've also said while it may bother a driver, this "shift shock" isn't proven to cause mechanical failures. Not yet anyways, I'm sure more time will need to pass for the jury to be out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.