Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JOCKDEE

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Logic Fail !!!

:mad:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-22 at 18.46.24.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-22 at 18.46.24.png
    896.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Screen Shot 2011-07-22 at 18.55.01.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-22 at 18.55.01.png
    743.3 KB · Views: 202
  • Screen Shot 2011-07-22 at 18.53.45.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-22 at 18.53.45.png
    721.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Sorry, I didn't see your reply earlier- thanks! Wish Apple would make this easier. I can't stand the Dashboard wallpaper, thought, so that would be the first to go if I can figure it out.

you can, in sys prefs, make the dashboard show over your current screen, instead of having a space all to itself (which, to me anyway, completely misses the point...)

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
you can, in sys prefs, make the dashboard show over your current screen, instead of having a space all to itself (which, to me anyway, completely misses the point...)

Nah, like I said earlier, I like it as its own space- just can't stand the LEGO effect

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Here's mine- I'm a minimalist, so no active app dots in the dock and only the bare essentials visible. The dock houses my most-used apps.

I know for most FaceTime is a peripheral app, but for me it's essential because I use it to speak in the house with my family (because we have no intercom) so that we don't have to yell to each other while in different rooms.

I have everything set through multi-touch gestures. I eliminated the file icons by the Trash because I can use the finder for downloads and documents. It was important for me to eliminate the App folder in the dock because I want to access my apps through Launchpad only (and through the Launchpad gesture only), or else there would be no point to it. I also like Launchpad's display of the apps better than the App folder's.

As far as the wallpaper- boring, I know, but I've come to like the royal blues in contrast with my Air's aluminum bezel. I'll switch it up soon, but quite like the Lion look for now. I also have my dock on autohide with magnification.

(And, I know, I have to charge my battery!)

20b0qjp.png

RG129

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Stupid question...but how do you remove your name from the upper right menu bar. I see some screenshots with it removed.

I swear, my name wasn't there in SL, and I can't find the option to remove it in any of the settings. Just seems to clutter the menu bar, especially since I'm the only user account on my machine.

EDIT:
Bah! Just found it. Geez...I swear I feel like a Mac newbie, even though it's been 15+ years. At least I have the entire weekend to familiarize myself.

stillmatic

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
Here's mine. Didn't really like the default Andromeda Galaxy one.

Attachments

• Oz3cW.jpg
    Oz3cW.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 90

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I know for most FaceTime is a peripheral app, but for me it's essential because I use it to speak in the house with my family (because we have no intercom) so that we don't have to yell to each other while in different rooms.

Seriously?

How about just walking into the next room and talking to the other person....unless you live in a mansion that spans acres and it would just take too long...if thats the case tho....quit complaining, your life is amazing....hell the fact that your complaining about FaceTime as a substitute for a much needed intercom means your life is amazing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.