Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
Ok so heres my phone now before you say its ugly and it looks like a calculator, which true its not to everyones taste, take a look at the other images, it might change your mind.

This phone people either love or hate. For me I needed somthing small, and who wants a phone that every next person has the same.

Im hopeing some will like it, macfolk like things that are unique and different.

It also comes with a nice leather case which has a built in battery for extra charge.

myphone16pz.jpg
myphone3hu.jpg

belfast-biker

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2006
My Phone/Video Player/MP3 Player/Emailer/WeatherStation <etc>...

02.jpg

I practically use it like a laptop, with filesharing via Wifi and running Windows Mobile 5 (boo! Hiss!!) with Push Email and OTA Syncing using unlimited GPRS, it's an amazingly capable device.

PimpGGG

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2006
I Just Got This New Verizon Wireless LG VX8300 For My Phone Calls..And I Ordered The New SideKick 3 Last night For My Internet Uses....

i'll post pics of them together when i get the sidekick 3 in...hopefully sooon..

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Prom1 said:
I really really love this phone ... latest firmware from most owners say its still buggy ... but my waiting for it to be cheaper will allow its firmware to mature & stabilize.

Or I just might wait until Samsung comes out with a S60 based SGH-D900 Ultimate phone.

Got a link that says that it is S60 based? That would be sweet.

Blind Buzzard

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2005
Where?
CHROMEDOME said:
Nokia 6682
mobiles%5Cnokia%5Cimages%5CnokiA%206682.jpg

I love it

This is the phone that I have. It is junk! I am on my third replacement from Nokia, the damn Symbian OS just randomly freezes.

I think I'm done with the whole smartphone capabilites thing, and I'm just going to get a cheap ass throw away phone that has a sole purpose for calling and to be called! :eek:

Blind Buzzard

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2005
Where?
MacGabePro said:
ive had bad experiences with nokia phones in the past. from now on im gonna stick with motorola

I went through two Razor phones before getting my Nokia 6682. This was around the time that they had the recall on the Razors.

Maybe I'll give them a try again.

But I seriously think that a throw-away phone is the best route to go.

Anything happens that upsets you with the phone, or anything else for that matter, and you can use it as a hand grenade!

:p

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Bubbasteve said:
^ How do you like that phone?

My friend Jessy has one and I fooled around with it for a bit a while ago. It's an extremely nice phone but for people with larger hands the thumbstick is very difficult to get used to (and i have rather small ahnds and i still found it hard to use) because it's very short and depressed into the phone. The features are great and the camera function is fantastic, just like a Sony cybershot camera, but I found the feel of the numberpad and the softkeys rather cheap. They felt very lose and thin and made out of very light plastic. Even though there isn't very much space in between the number keys they sort of wobble around when you press them.

So while it's a great phone functionally and aesthetically I don't believe it feels very good in your hand. Also the lens cover on the back of the phone seems to get loose very easily, and you lose the audible snap that you hear when the phone is brand new.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
As for me I lost my V220 a few weeks ago in a taxi and I bought this old thing:

attachment.php

But I love it. It was dirt cheap and it does everything a Razr does and is about 300 times as sturdy and durable. Sure it's big but as I said before I lose small phones. :)

Also would it kill if people posted real pictures of their phones instead of the commercial photos we've seen 1000 times before?

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I have a Sony Ericsson P900i

p900i.jpg

Sorry for commercial pic mr ^, I dunno where my camera is and usually just use my phone lol.

I kinda regret buying this phone ($500 AUD on eBay, RRP'd at about $1300 I think o_O). It's awesome for writing SMS's, but its huge lol.

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
I have a SE Z520a right now. But will upgrade to the W810i in a few months.

se_w810i.gif

SE phones are simply the best.

Roba

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2006
Here is mine, i have a Nokia N91 that is unbranded and unlocked to any network. I usually go for more feminine looking phones but there were no wifi phones like that on the market when i bought mine. I have now though got used to the looks of the N91 now and i like it now.
This is a very good phone and I love using the wifi access especially when other people boot me of my laptop.

This phone maybe due a firmware upgrade soon as i cannot seem to send files that are bigger than a certain size via bluetooth but i am sure that can be sorted out.

Attachments

• DCP_0002.JPG
    DCP_0002.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 208

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Roba said:
Here is mine, i have a Nokia N91 that is unbranded and unlocked to any network. I usually go for more feminine looking phones but there were no wifi phones like that on the market when i bought mine. I have now though got used to the looks of the N91 now and i like it now.
This is a very good phone and I love using the wifi access especially when other people boot me of my laptop.

This phone maybe due a firmware upgrade soon as i cannot seem to send files that are bigger than a certain size via bluetooth but i am sure that can be sorted out.

Doesn't that thing have 4GB of space?

And what do you mean more feminine looking phones? Like which? :) The pink Razr?

Roba

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2006
Hi cleanup yes this phone has got 4GB of hard drive space however i do not use it really at all for music. I only bought it really because it had wifi access among a few other things that i needed as well. I don’t know why it cannot send certain files over a certain size but as i wrote before i do think that is more a firmware issue that can be resolved.

I think that with the N91 that it did look a bit masculine in looks, shape and the design when i was considering buying it but i have changed my mind on that a little. Some of my female friends do not like the looks of it. I just asked one of them why and they told me that they think that my phone is a bit chunky and they mentioned the colour aspect as well. They also told me that they think that female looking phones are smaller, neater and more colourful than my phone.
I have usually gone for phones that could fit into this description in the past but this is less of an issue for me now and i am glad that i went with the N91.

Also i forgot to add before but I do love the scroll button function on this phone.

This phone can also be synced with a Mac but you will have to add this yourself manually as Apple do not formally support this phone yet.

cleanup said:
Doesn't that thing have 4GB of space?

And what do you mean more feminine looking phones? Like which? :) The pink Razr?

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
Mine takes the cake for the worst phone...
DSC00894.jpg

In case you can't see, thats Krazy Glue holding one of the hinges in place...:D

I NEED a new phone, hopefully i will have some money for a Moto E815 or LG VX8300 soon

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
I got a samsung t509 to replace my broken razr... :) I love it!!!! :D

edit: oops I forgot to flip the pics from PhotoBoth :eek:

Attachments

• Photo 326.jpg
    Photo 326.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Photo 327.jpg
    Photo 327.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 93

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
steamboat26 said:
Mine takes the cake for the worst phone...
View attachment 52317

In case you can't see, thats Krazy Glue holding one of the hinges in place...:D

I NEED a new phone, hopefully i will have some money for a Moto E815 or LG VX8300 soon

my friend has that phone... he calls it "the aircraft carrier" cause its so huge. :p

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
w_parietti22 said:
my friend has that phone... he calls it "the aircraft carrier" cause its so huge. :p
Haha. My Aunt has that phone too. She took it into Verizon and they actually told her she needed an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.