Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Powerbeats Pro, set to launch in May, will only be available in black when they first go on sale. The detail, first noticed by 9to5Mac, was recently added to the Powerbeats Pro listing on the Beats website.

Powerbeats Pro will eventually be available in Ivory, Moss, and Navy alongside the standard Black color, with Apple offering a greater range of colors than are available with the AirPods.

powerbeatsproallcolors-800x371.jpg
Powerbeats Pro in Black availability begins in May. Ivory, Moss and Navy will be available this summer. Color availability is subject to change.
Apple announced the Powerbeats Pro in Early April, positioning the $250 earbuds as an AirPods alternative focused on fitness with included earhooks for keeping them in place and sweat resistance.

Powerbeats Pro offer many of the same features first introduced in the AirPods 2, including an H1 chip for fast connectivity to an iPhone and simple switching between devices, Hey Siri support, and a dedicated charging case, though one without wireless support. Automatic ear detection, microphones for phone calls, and physical buttons are all included with the Powerbeats Pro.

powerbeatsproiphone-800x517.jpg

Compared to the AirPods, the Powerbeats Pro offer longer battery life with nine hours of listening time per earbud along with more than 24 hours of additional battery life via the charging case.

powerbeatsprocolors-800x182.jpg

Apple says sound was its "highest priority" when developing the Powerbeats Pro, and because these earbuds offer silicone tips that fit in the ears, sound isolation is an included feature.

powerbeatsproblack-800x527.jpg

Powerbeats Pro will be launching in May, though Apple has not provided a specific release date or specified whether preorders will be available. For more on the Powerbeats Pro, make sure to check out our guide.

Article Link: Powerbeats Pro to Launch in Black in May, Other Colors Coming This Summer

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Is there an optional sticker to get rid of that silly number 6?

Still, it's better than L & R
It's obviously not a 6. :rolleyes: You know how the Apple logo on a MacBook is upside down (from the user's perspective) until you open the lid and then it's right-side up? It's the same with the Powerbeats; Apple expects most athletes to be upside down while wearing these, so they'll display Beats' iconic "9" branding.

CuAFmBE.gif

Last edited:

spitcoff

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2005
The number of wireless earbuds out there, it's surprising how few have added the sport loops to the mix. These could sell well due to the lack of options of wireless buds with loops.
Hoping for a Beats wireless option without the spot loops

skellener

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2003
So. Cal.
Would really love to get a pair of these. I can't use AirPods since they fall out of my ears. This is at least usable for me. But the price? $250. OUCH!! I'll stick with my $20. ones. Had 'em over a year now. No problems. Powerbeats Pro looks really nice. I guess, that's about it since they are way out of my price range.

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
I'll wait to hear about their durability. Powerbeats Pro's are pretty terrible.

I can't wear Air Pods

AppleZilla

Suspended
Jul 23, 2010
I would like the noise isolation, but the bulk and hooks make this a non-starter for me. Sticking with AirPods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.