Powerbeats Pro to Launch in Black in May, Other Colors Coming This Summer

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 23, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple's Powerbeats Pro, set to launch in May, will only be available in black when they first go on sale. The detail, first noticed by 9to5Mac, was recently added to the Powerbeats Pro listing on the Beats website.

Powerbeats Pro will eventually be available in Ivory, Moss, and Navy alongside the standard Black color, with Apple offering a greater range of colors than are available with the AirPods.

[​IMG]
    Apple announced the Powerbeats Pro in Early April, positioning the $250 earbuds as an AirPods alternative focused on fitness with included earhooks for keeping them in place and sweat resistance.

Powerbeats Pro offer many of the same features first introduced in the AirPods 2, including an H1 chip for fast connectivity to an iPhone and simple switching between devices, Hey Siri support, and a dedicated charging case, though one without wireless support. Automatic ear detection, microphones for phone calls, and physical buttons are all included with the Powerbeats Pro.

[​IMG]

Compared to the AirPods, the Powerbeats Pro offer longer battery life with nine hours of listening time per earbud along with more than 24 hours of additional battery life via the charging case.

[​IMG]

Apple says sound was its "highest priority" when developing the Powerbeats Pro, and because these earbuds offer silicone tips that fit in the ears, sound isolation is an included feature.

[​IMG]

Powerbeats Pro will be launching in May, though Apple has not provided a specific release date or specified whether preorders will be available. For more on the Powerbeats Pro, make sure to check out our guide.

Article Link: Powerbeats Pro to Launch in Black in May, Other Colors Coming This Summer

2. Its_Me macrumors newbie

I still can't believe they didn't launch these with Wireless Charging...

3. Glenny2lappies macrumors 6502

Is there an optional sticker to get rid of that silly number 6?

Still, it's better than L & R

4. Akrapovic macrumors 6502

Akrapovic

The number of wireless earbuds out there, it's surprising how few have added the sport loops to the mix. These could sell well due to the lack of options of wireless buds with loops.

5. bigboyz12000 macrumors member

bigboyz12000

They have to leave a caveat for an "upgrade" that will be next years version...with a new color of course hehe!

6. omihek macrumors 6502

omihek

These are basically the AirPods Pro, but sure let's just throw the Beats branding on there to capitalize on that market too.

7. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

You mean the "b" for Beats?

8. JDHiro macrumors regular

JDHiro

Black is the only color of these that isn't horrible, so... seems OK to me these are launching first.

9. whyamihere macrumors 6502

whyamihere

Very odd since their recent commercial had all the athletes wearing the white ones.

10. AngerDanger, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019

AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

It's obviously not a 6. :rolleyes: You know how the Apple logo on a MacBook is upside down (from the user's perspective) until you open the lid and then it's right-side up? It's the same with the Powerbeats; Apple expects most athletes to be upside down while wearing these, so they'll display Beats' iconic "9" branding.

[​IMG]

11. spitcoff macrumors member

spitcoff

Hoping for a Beats wireless option without the spot loops

12. skellener macrumors 68000

skellener

Would really love to get a pair of these. I can't use AirPods since they fall out of my ears. This is at least usable for me. But the price? $250. OUCH!! I'll stick with my $20. ones. Had 'em over a year now. No problems. Powerbeats Pro looks really nice. I guess, that's about it since they are way out of my price range.

13. funkright macrumors newbie

I'll sell my OG AirPods and go to these, for my active couch potato lifestyle...

14. Saipher macrumors demi-god

Saipher

What?! Why? FFS... :mad:

15. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

How difficult is it to launch these in four colors?!

16. realtuner macrumors 6502a

realtuner

I'll be getting a set of these for sure.

17. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68010

H3LL5P4WN

Well, I guess since either of the two colorways I like won't be launching until later, this gives me plenty of time to find out if they sound good or sound like Beats.

18. Drogba11 macrumors member

wooooosh

19. Dethklok macrumors regular

20. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

According to T3 the pre-order is taking place April 29th.

21. Lordforex macrumors newbie

Exactly my thoughts. I want the moss green variant, so plenty of time to watch and read all the reviews.

22. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68010

H3LL5P4WN

Blue or White for me; I'm a sucker for the 'storm trooper' white with black combo.

23. Complex757 macrumors 6502

Complex757

I'll wait to hear about their durability. Powerbeats Pro's are pretty terrible.

I can't wear Air Pods

24. AppleZilla macrumors regular

I would like the noise isolation, but the bulk and hooks make this a non-starter for me. Sticking with AirPods.