Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple-owned Beats has delayed the launch of its totally wireless Powerbeats Pro headphones in select European and Asian countries.

powerbeats-pro-lifestyle.jpg

Powerbeats Pro orders will now begin in July in Austria, Brazil, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, and Taiwan, according to fine print on the Beats website. The headphones were initially slated to launch in June in these regions.

As in other countries, the headphones will only be available in black at launch. Ivory, moss, and navy colors will be released later this year.

Powerbeats Pro first launched in the United States and Canada in early May, followed by the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, and China. Shipments are already considerably backlogged, with orders placed today on Apple.com estimated for delivery between June 28 and July 8 in the United States.

Powerbeats Pro are Apple's first totally wireless Beats earphones, equipped with the same H1 chip as the second-generation AirPods for hands-free "Hey Siri" and faster connection speeds between the iPhone, Apple Watch, and other devices.

Like the Powerbeats3, the Powerbeats Pro feature adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks and earbud tips with four size options. They're essentially sportier AirPods, complete with a durable design and sweat resistance. They'll last up to nine hours per charge, with more battery life via an included charging case.

Powerbeats Pro are priced at $249.95 in the United States and at EUR249.95 in most European countries, including Italy and Spain.

The postponed launch in Japan was first reported by Japanese blog Mac Otakara.

Article Link: Powerbeats Pro Launch Postponed Until July in Many Countries

infiniteentropy

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
These are impossible to find in stores, and I am trying to not buy from eBay resellers. Reminds me of early days of AirPods.

lyngo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
I was able to pick up some through Target online. I just think that my timing to get these was just right. Every other time that I have logged in to see if they are available for purchase, they are sold out.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Why postponed? United States, Canada, Australia, UK, France, Germany and China always get things first. It's BORING!!! B O R I N G
B O R I N G
B O R I N G

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019

Apple-owned Beats has delayed the launch of its totally wireless Powerbeats Pro headphones in select European and Asian countries.

powerbeats-pro-lifestyle.jpg

Powerbeats Pro orders will now begin in July in Austria, Brazil, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, and Taiwan, according to fine print on the Beats website. The headphones were initially slated to launch in June in these regions.

As in other countries, the headphones will only be available in black at launch. Ivory, moss, and navy colors will be released later this year.

Powerbeats Pro first launched in the United States and Canada in early May, followed by the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Australia, and China. Shipments are already considerably backlogged, with orders placed today on Apple.com estimated for delivery between June 28 and July 8 in the United States.

Powerbeats Pro are Apple's first totally wireless Beats earphones, equipped with the same H1 chip as the second-generation AirPods for hands-free "Hey Siri" and faster connection speeds between the iPhone, Apple Watch, and other devices.

Like the Powerbeats3, the Powerbeats Pro feature adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks and earbud tips with four size options. They're essentially sportier AirPods, complete with a durable design and sweat resistance. They'll last up to nine hours per charge, with more battery life via an included charging case.

Powerbeats Pro are priced at $249.95 in the United States and at EUR249.95 in most European countries, including Italy and Spain.

The postponed launch in Japan was first reported by Japanese blog Mac Otakara.

Article Link: Powerbeats Pro Launch Postponed Until July in Many Countries
I am glad and fortunate to have it since May 10/ launch day and have enjoyed it immensely for my work out. The H1 chip which makes it seamless connection to all my apple Bluetooth capable devices once paired on one of them, the secure hanger on my ear for intense work out, sweat proof, superior bass sound compared to AirPods and longer battery life than AirPods make the PowerBeats Pro the best EarPods Apple ever product. I am also glad that I did not wait for blue color which who knows when it and other colors would be released.

Reactions: Premium1

addictive

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
I received mine in the UK last week. I ordered as soon as they became available. They are a great product but I've found they're aren't comfortable if you wear them for hours and hours.

However, for a gym workout or exercising, running etc... these are going to become hugely popular because they are truly wireless and will not fall out of your ear. They have all the benefits of AirPods apart from the build quality is better. The charging case is large and probably not pocketable for most people.

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
Nooo. Been waiting for these a while now. Misses them by a week when I was in London. Will keep an eye open next month when travelling to Nice and Rome.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
What makes these Pro? I have a hard time believing any wireless earbuds could qualify as acceptable for mixing and mastering audio in a studio.

Pro is a marketing term. But even if it wasn't, Pro doesn't mean only audio production. In the case of workout earbuds, this would be for athletes.

When Nike and Under Armour release professional grade trainers, nobody asks how they are for sitting at a desk.

Last edited:

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I returned mine after 2 days. The audio performance was terrible. Not going to pay that kind of money for such low quality sound.

Reactions: tridley68

MMX2

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
I was able to pick up some through Target online. I just think that my timing to get these was just right. Every other time that I have logged in to see if they are available for purchase, they are sold out.

I was also lucky to pick these up from Target a few weeks ago as I had signed up for their notifications.
I used to have a few pairs of Powerbeats 3 that broke a few times that I gave up.
These have exceeded my expectations. As for comfort they were a little binding at first around the ear lobe, but have since conditioned to my odd shaped ear. Best investment I have made in a long time.

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
Before you pay 250 dollars for these, know that they're constantly draining battery (when connected to iOS devices). Out of the case and not in your ears, they drain like crazy (80 percent over a night of sleep). In the case they continue to drain but remain at 100 percent because the case keeps recharging them, but that means the case is constantly dropping in charge with them inside. The same thing happens to AirPods, so whether it's by some stupid design or a bug I have no idea, but it's definitely contributing to the shorter lifespan of these truly wireless headphones due to the non-stop charging required to keep them topped off.

Reactions: tridley68

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
Before you pay 250 dollars for these, know that they're constantly draining battery (when connected to iOS devices). Out of the case and not in your ears, they drain like crazy (80 percent over a night of sleep). In the case they continue to drain but remain at 100 percent because the case keeps recharging them, but that means the case is constantly dropping in charge with them inside. The same thing happens to AirPods, so whether it's by some stupid design or a bug I have no idea, but it's definitely contributing to the shorter lifespan of these truly wireless headphones due to the non-stop charging required to keep them topped off.

Mine have been in the case for about 24 hours. The case was at 100%. Around 20 hours later, the case is at 96%.

Keep them in the case. Whilst the case does train, it's about 5% on a day they aren't used.

Reactions: Premium1

doomfront

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I disagree. While they are both fully wireless earphones, they have quite different use cases.

To me the essence of AirPods is their supreme portabilty and ease of use even for a brief period.

Yeah, I actually returned my AirPods because they don't stay in my ears while I work out. Picked up JLab's Epic Air Elite and they're perfect. Similar to these Beats, but I will never buy another Beats product again (two different occasions the Studios and PowerBeats both died within a year).

But now I'm thinking about picking up AirPods again just to use while walking around and during my commute. The case was a lot easier to carry in my pocket. The JLab case is massive, have to carry it in a bag instead of my pocket. Plus AirPods just have a better look.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
They’re great for exercising and I’m happy I updated to them from my PowerBeats 2, but I’m considering buying a new pair of AirPods for my commute. I definitely see where there is room for them to coexist with AirPods.

The main issue with the PowerBeats Pro for me is the size of their case. If you’re going running or to the gym, it’s easy enough to leave it at home. Trying to use them when commuting, I don’t like having to figure out where to store the case. When it was cooler out it was easy enough to slip it in a jacket pocket. Now that it’s warmer I’m stuck awkwardly holding something about the size of a hockey puck.

On the other hand, I got a pair of AirPods in Dec 2016 and the battery in the individual earpieces are shot. The right ear lasts about 50 minutes until it beeps at me that it’s dying. The left ear lasts about 2 hours. While they’re definitely one of the more convenient things I’ve ever purchased, and I like them, I don’t know how I feel about buying another pair if they’re only going to last ~2.5 years.

Reactions: idrewuk and u+ive
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.