Powerbeats Pro Now Available to Pre-Order in U.S. and Canada

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Powerbeats Pro are now available to pre-order from Apple.com and the Apple Store app in the United States and Canada.

Powerbeats Pro are Apple's first totally wireless Beats earphones, equipped with the same H1 chip as the second-generation AirPods for hands-free "Hey Siri" and faster connection speeds between the iPhone, Apple Watch, and other devices.

Like the Powerbeats3, the Powerbeats Pro feature adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks and earbud tips with four size options. They're essentially sportier AirPods, complete with a durable design and sweat resistance. They'll last up to nine hours per charge, with more battery life via an included charging case.

Powerbeats Pro are priced at $249.95 in the United States and $329.95 in Canada. The earphones will be available at Apple Stores and select resellers like Best Buy on May 10 in those two countries, with other regions listed as "coming soon." Ivory, Moss, and Navy colors will be available later this year.

Orders placed today are currently estimated for delivery by May 14 to May 21.

Read our Powerbeats Pro guide and watch our Powerbeats Pro vs. AirPods 2 video for more details.

Article Link: Powerbeats Pro Now Available to Pre-Order in U.S. and Canada

Reactions: jamツ and travis64

canyonblue737

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2005
Is it weird that these don’t appeal to me at all?
It’s all about choices. The AirPods don’t fit me at all and fall out even when I walk. The hooked over the ear design of these literally don’t move an inch on me even if I try to shake my head like a maniac so they are ideal when I work out... or walk lol. I like I get the tech of the AirPods (still the best Bluetooth implementation of any earbud ever) in something that really works for me and what I want to do when listening to music. Obviously they have downsides in size and carrying case compared to AirPods but the upsides make it worth it to many of us.

canyonblue737

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2005
Same, I’m hoping for May 10th delivery though. I’ll be pissed if I wait 11 more days after retail availability even though I preordered.
I assumed with a preorder date and then an on sale date a week later it would be like Apple usually does, preorders get delivered on the launch date. I guess not mine also shows the 14-21 date which like means they will SHIP on the 10th. Oh well but a bit disappointing when folks probably can walk into the Apple Store on the 10th.

Reactions: ghost187

blairh

macrumors 68040
Dec 11, 2007
Just a heads up as someone who ordered immediately upon launch...

There were only two options. $8 expedited with a quoted arrival from May 13th - May 20th.
Free shipping with a quoted arrival of May 14th - May 21st.

I opted for expedited because I want these as soon as possible.

All my local Apple stores are currently showing pickup available for May 21st. At immediate 10:00 EST launch there was no option for in-store pickup.

Perhaps to purchase on May 10th you will need to visit an Apple store.

Reactions: Glockworkorange

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I ordered without hesitation. I liked my airpods the last couple years and still do, but other than than the cable always preferred the Powerbeats

Reactions: Jedwardoo

Kronen

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
Oxford, MS
Like several of you, my order is also showing a May 14-May 21 delivery window.

It will be interesting to see if our orders get pushed up to the promised May 10 release date or if Powerbeats Pro are truly in limited supply.