Powerbeats Pro Now Available to Pre-Order in U.S. and Canada

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 3, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Powerbeats Pro are now available to pre-order from Apple.com and the Apple Store app in the United States and Canada.

[​IMG]

Powerbeats Pro are Apple's first totally wireless Beats earphones, equipped with the same H1 chip as the second-generation AirPods for hands-free "Hey Siri" and faster connection speeds between the iPhone, Apple Watch, and other devices.

Like the Powerbeats3, the Powerbeats Pro feature adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks and earbud tips with four size options. They're essentially sportier AirPods, complete with a durable design and sweat resistance. They'll last up to nine hours per charge, with more battery life via an included charging case.

Powerbeats Pro are priced at $249.95 in the United States and $329.95 in Canada. The earphones will be available at Apple Stores and select resellers like Best Buy on May 10 in those two countries, with other regions listed as "coming soon." Ivory, Moss, and Navy colors will be available later this year.

Orders placed today are currently estimated for delivery by May 14 to May 21.

Read our Powerbeats Pro guide and watch our Powerbeats Pro vs. AirPods 2 video for more details.

Article Link: Powerbeats Pro Now Available to Pre-Order in U.S. and Canada

2. kylelerner macrumors member

kylelerner

Is it weird that these don’t appeal to me at all?

3. linkgx1 macrumors 68000

4. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

tempted to pick up a black pair for the gym

5. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

These have my attention if they're more comfortable than the AirPods. The hard plastic on the AirPods bother me after extended use. Can't afford them at this time though.

6. zinterz macrumors newbie

zinterz

I was under the impression that they were going to be available in the UK, too. Shame :(

7. obargy macrumors member

obargy

Preordered 1 min after launch and the delivery date is 14 May - 22 May...

8. melancholy macrumors 6502

melancholy

How is it weird? smh

Not everything Apple, or any other product, should always appeal to everyone.

9. ghost187 macrumors 6502a

ghost187

Same, I’m hoping for May 10th delivery though. I’ll be pissed if I wait 11 more days after retail availability even though I preordered.

10. canyonblue737 macrumors 65816

It’s all about choices. The AirPods don’t fit me at all and fall out even when I walk. The hooked over the ear design of these literally don’t move an inch on me even if I try to shake my head like a maniac so they are ideal when I work out... or walk lol. I like I get the tech of the AirPods (still the best Bluetooth implementation of any earbud ever) in something that really works for me and what I want to do when listening to music. Obviously they have downsides in size and carrying case compared to AirPods but the upsides make it worth it to many of us.

11. melancholy macrumors 6502

melancholy

I think that’s normal. I don’t think anyone got a May 10 delivery date. I ordered at 7:00:30 AM and it was May 15-23 for me.

12. canyonblue737 macrumors 65816

I assumed with a preorder date and then an on sale date a week later it would be like Apple usually does, preorders get delivered on the launch date. I guess not mine also shows the 14-21 date which like means they will SHIP on the 10th. Oh well but a bit disappointing when folks probably can walk into the Apple Store on the 10th.

13. clerkpalmer macrumors member

Ordered at 10 on the nose. Same message. Hoping it’s just a holder. For 250 plus tax they better arrive on launch day.

14. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Just preordered! May 13-20 by express mail. Can't wait!:)

15. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

:( Pre-order only available in US and Canada.... A new low.

16. chipb macrumors member

Me too, still have my wired PowerBeats3 but I really like the wireless option, just the 250 price tag scares me. Will probably wait for Black Friday when they will be 200 or maybe lower? Enjoy!

17. rpat701 macrumors regular

To each his own. I like them. Look good for working out. Airpods fall out all the time for me.

18. zaph47 macrumors newbie

Same here. Think they overestimate in the beginning

19. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

Just a heads up as someone who ordered immediately upon launch...

There were only two options. $8 expedited with a quoted arrival from May 13th - May 20th.
    Free shipping with a quoted arrival of May 14th - May 21st.

I opted for expedited because I want these as soon as possible.

All my local Apple stores are currently showing pickup available for May 21st. At immediate 10:00 EST launch there was no option for in-store pickup.

Perhaps to purchase on May 10th you will need to visit an Apple store.

20. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I ordered without hesitation. I liked my airpods the last couple years and still do, but other than than the cable always preferred the Powerbeats

21. jamツ macrumors newbie

jamツ

22. Kronen macrumors regular

Kronen

Like several of you, my order is also showing a May 14-May 21 delivery window.

It will be interesting to see if our orders get pushed up to the promised May 10 release date or if Powerbeats Pro are truly in limited supply.

23. newagemac macrumors 68020

For preorders like this, when does Apple actually charge your credit card?

24. Bfarmer38119 macrumors member

25. CrazyForCashews macrumors 6502

You are not the centre of the universe.