Powersupport Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by nikhsub1, Mar 20, 2012.

1. nikhsub1 macrumors 68020

nikhsub1

I had the anti glare PS on my iPad 1, still going strong. I decided today to get a protector for my new iPad... I went with the Crystal instead of the AG due to the hires screen. All I can say is [​IMG] wow, this thing is so good you don't even know it is there. I have tried other type of protectors that you apply wet, they suck in comparison. You literally can not tell this is on here. I guess it helps that they installed it for me at PS... if you are in the LA area (Burbank specifically) I suggest you check them out. The $5 installation price is WELL worth it. No bubbles and it is aligned perfectly.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Heh. Welcome to the world of good screen protectors. Amazing, eh?

3. brentsg macrumors 68040

I like their products as well. I'm jealous in that I don't have anyone local to install for me. I'd say applying screen protectors is one of my favorite things. Even with the shower trick I almost always get 1 speck of dust or something that makes a little tent.

4. Supra Mac macrumors regular

Use a piece of scotch tape to lift the protector at the closest corner and another to get the dust out.

5. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I use this method to get a lint free install.

1) Clean screen with soft cloth.
    2) Blow dust off with compressed air.
    3) Apply painters tape (blue) to entire screen.
    4) Remove tape and spray screen protector with baby shampoo/water.
    5) Install screen protector and line up.
    6) Squeegee remaining water from under the screen shield. Let dry for about 24 hours and it will be crystal clear. :)

I've done this method since the very first iPhone. It's never let me down. Try it to see what kind of result you guys get.

6. funkeruski macrumors regular

I've also done a wet install of the Power Support film, and it really made it easier to get things lined up, etc. Just squeegee out the water and let it dry overnight. Looks just as good as a dry install.

7. mickeysworld macrumors member

nikhsub1, did ps use the ipad2's screen protector on your new iPad? I sent them an email the other day to ask about ipad3 protection, this was their reply:

Hi,

Thank you for your email. *We are not able to confirm if the iPad 2 screen film will be compatible with the iPad 3 display. We will be able to confirm after the launch of the iPad 3 on March 16th.

For the latest information and product availability, please sign up for our newsletter or visit our website. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for your continued support!

Lindsey
    Power Support USA
    1426 Flower St
    Glendale Ca 91201

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

That's a lot to go through when a tiny piece of scotch tape can do the job. But kudos for the efforts!

9. EPiD3MiK, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012

EPiD3MiK macrumors newbie

where in burbank??

I'm at work here now... I didnt know they had a store front out here.

How much was the total cost if you don't mind telling?

is there address

Power Support USA
    1426 Flower St
    Glendale Ca 91201

or what google maps says:

2522 West Magnolia
    Burbank Ca 91505

I work on flower lol I'd literally walk there right now...

10. nikhsub1 thread starter macrumors 68020

nikhsub1

Interesting but the install calls to do it dry... it can be done, the girl who did mine did it in about 5 mins and it is PERFECT.
    Yes I have the iPad2 film on my iPad3... same thing.
    The film is $29.99 + tax - then $5 to install. Was about $37 all up.

11. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

They are at the Burbank address. I've been there :)

12. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

Dstopsie

They are located on Magnolia Boulevard near Buena Vista on the south side of the street. They are open from 9-5 M-F Only.

iPad 2 screen fits iPad 3. Spoke to customer service and they indicated there will no new films for iPad 3 cause the iPad 2 films fit iPad 3.

13. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

NOTHING Comes Close To Power Support Crystal Screen Protectors! :D

I have been using them since the introduction of the iPhone when they sold em in the Apple store and have had one on every iOS device I have owned so far.

They currently sell the iPad2 crystal but they say the New iPad one is coming soon. I know they are basically the same but I am holding out the "Coming Soon" crystal protector for The New iPad ... who knows it may be a better design or upgrade from the current one for the iPad2.

There is nothing easier to install and that looks better as if its not there than a Power Support film!

14. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I've considered getting a screen protector for the iPad but sometimes but I think the Smart Cover is sufficient enough when I'm not using it. Plus, I have a clear skin on the back. But, PS on my 4S is great though.

15. steffi macrumors 6502a

My guess is that if you use an iPad 2 protector on new iPad it won't be within the tolerances that people expect to still get the best use out of the Retina display which is why they have to develop a new one. There's always some degradation with these protectors so we'll have to wait for the new iPad version but PS should not price the new iPad version higher unless it offers more clarity than an iPad 2 one would.

16. Built macrumors 68020

Power Support and their store in Burbank are awesome.

I've had PS film on all of my idevices since 2007.

I took my iPad 3 to Burbank for the installation on Friday right after I determined that my iPad was a keeper.

Two thumbs up.

17. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Power support is the best protector out there. Used to use the, on my iPhone, but you just can't beat the feel of the naked glass. My iPhone is completely naked (though I do have a bumper and an incipio feather case for when I think my phone could get dropped). iPad has a smart cover only.

18. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

Why would anyone want to spend $30 + tax and install fees for a piece of plastic film? I'm not knocking on you OP but seriously, Powersupport needs to lower their prices. Monoprice sells crystal clear screen protector for iPad 2 and the fitment on the iPad 3 is flawless. And the quality is just as good as the PS screen protector.

Price on mono price.com for the protector is like $1.27. Even cheaper if you buy more than 10+.

19. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

You mean, Welcome to the world of PowerSupportUSA.

I've had them since forever, and I will never use anything else on a Apple product.

I ordered the iPad 2 Crystal front for my iPad 3, it should be here thursday. I'm tired of using the stupid provided "screen protector" from out the box. I still haven't really seen the display up close in person yet.. :(

----------

You get what you pay for..

Can't believe you spend several hundred dollars on a iPad, and cheap out on screen protectors lol.

----------

Then keep waiting.. Speaking with Power Support, they confirmed that their iPad 2 protectors are going to be the same exact thing for the iPad 3. Their Air Jackets will be about 3-4wks or so after launch to come out. And this is per the lady that answers the phone.

It's the same thing for the iPhone 4 -> 4s.. Same protector.

Using their Crystal Film Set for my 4s, for the front and back, I can tell you that they are amazing.. and that's a good company coming out with a good product from the get go.. Not needing a increase in screen resolution be a excuse to HAVE to come out with something better to show the screen better.. it was designed this way from day one.

Saw ZAGG has a "HD" film set for the iPad 3.. psshhh, should have been "HD" from the start.

20. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

It's not called being cheap - it's called being prudent and sensible. Unless PS screen protector (which I've actually seen in person on my buddy's iPad 3) is made of space material, i will say that it's not much different at all compared to the mono price version. In fact, the friction on both feel exactly the same when using.

I agree, the bare naked screen itself is a pleasure to use without any protectors on. But I disagree that the PS screen protector is anything better than the mono price version.

21. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Having a Griffin Screen Care Kit for my HP Touchpad, over my Power Support Crystal on my iPhone, you can tell night and day the difference. I just touch the HP Touchpad, and it goes back into its sleeve or HP Folio case, and the thing is RIDDLED with scratches. The iPhone, goes in and out of my pocket, sits on my desk, safety glasses, pens, etc hit it (by mistake mind you), and not a scratch. The iPhone gets more wear and tear than the HP Touchpad as far as every day use and things it comes in counter with during a day-to-day basis, and the Power Support film's have stood up 10000x's better than the Griffin.

Griffin ='s every cheap screen protector set out there, AND it costed me $16 too..

You get the cheap-o set's of protectors, and they give you 2, 4, 6, etc.. Why? Is that telling you something? A company feels pretty confident when they sell you just one.

22. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

I'm not trying to stir ****** just that I find Powersupport pretty appalling to rip off people like this. For f-sake, it's a plastic film. Steve Job's crying in his grave because his design was to allow his products to be used AS IS.

If only the iPad screen is scratch proof enough, I will be happy to apply a plastic film in front. It did cost me near $800 for my 64GB LTE - and yes, I want to use it more than 3 years without any screen damages.

23. nikhsub1 thread starter macrumors 68020

nikhsub1

FWIW most screen protectors for the ipad are $29.99... even Zagg which is utter rhino dung is that much. I feel that the PS is worth that price - I have not found a good almost free one like you claim to have... The $30 isn't going to make or break me so meh.

24. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

I agree with your feelings toward ZAGG - they are really bad quality stuff. hey, if you find $30 ok, then congrats. I have nothing against what people want to use - just find the pricing of these products really ridonkulous. It's just a piece of plastic...but I'm not material scientist but I just know my mono price film is great ;)

25. johnc22 macrumors 6502

SGP is as good as Power Support and about 1/3 cheaper, especially if you order enough stuff from Amazon to get free shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-Pr...A6SQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332311031&sr=8-1

I got a perfect install today with the steamy bathroom trick. I used to use PS products but sorry their prices are a joke. SGP is still more than I'd like to pay but a cheap/crappy screen protector just ruins a great device. Also, once you have it installed, Plexus plastic cleaner/polish is your friend. :)