Pre-order at Apple.com, will i get it on the 26th?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by djnardu, Oct 19, 2007.

1. djnardu macrumors regular

djnardu

UPS never delivers anything later then 4 at my house, i'm currently at college right now and I would get out of class at 11am on friday, the nice thing is there is an Apple Store 5 min away. The problem being they dont sell leopard until 6PM, but i'm pretty sure i would get a copy on friday.

Now if I order online I could get it on friday "withstanding they deliver on time" and get home early. The problem being here that if they miss the delivery I would not be home until another week to pick it up.

So what should I do?

2. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

go to the shop and buy it if u cant wait a few days for it

3. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

You will not get it on Friday. Apple rectified this, and said it will be shipped on the 26th. We will get it after the weekend.

4. bdorpetzl macrumors regular

bdorpetzl

Port Washington, Wisconsin - Boats and Beer . . .
    Actually I just checked my order status and it says my copy of Leopard will be delivered on the 26th.

Attached Files:

5. rocco32 macrumors newbie

It still says on there website that you will get it on the 26th.

6. iBunny macrumors 65816

According to the represenitive at 1-800-my-apple, My order will be charged to my credit card on Thursday the 25th, and it will be overnighted to my house for delivery no later than Friday the 26th - Unless I live in a rural area, and even then its possible.

But I live in the suburbs of Detroit, so it shouldn't be an issue :D

7. djnardu thread starter macrumors regular

djnardu

I live in a rural area, but w/e ive ordered something online with overnight it was delivered next day.

8. djnardu thread starter macrumors regular

djnardu

Still unsure about what I want to do :confused:

Is it a safe bet that I will get it on Friday from UPS if I order it now?

9. kevo0822 macrumors regular

Cloudsurfer, it looks like you've been punk'd.

Djnardu, just in case, you can always fill out the form on Apple.com after you order it that lets you pre-sign for the shipment. Then it shouldn't be a problem. Will that work?

10. djnardu thread starter macrumors regular

djnardu

No its not the problem of someone being able to pick up the package, its me being to physically get it. Ill be home friday because my last class of college is 11am. Of course though I have class at 8 on Monday, so I would have to be back in school sunday night, if they deliver it on Friday fine Ill be able to get it, if they dont Ill be at school unable to use it. =(

11. klb028 macrumors 6502

I was wondering the same thing. We won't be able to pick up Leopard from the stores until 6 PM that day? I was thinking about just ordering mine online with the student discount, but I'd really, really, really like it to arrive on the 26th and not have to wait 'til the following Monday.

12. scott523 macrumors 6502a

Gahh I'm stuck with a dilemma too.. either deal with the 3 week backlog Amazon currently has and save $27, wait up to 5 days from AOS and save $13, or fork over the big bucks at the Apple Store (I don't think they do education discounts in stores)..

13. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Ummmm..no. You Pre-order today, unless your local delivery people screw up, you'll get it on Friday 10/26. Probably before people in the stores get it.

In my order it says it will be shipped Priority Overnight. I'm not even sure that will happen. Basically it will be dropped shipped locally beforehand, and delivered on Friday.

It's the same deal as the last Harry Potter book. People were able to get it delivered the day it was released.

-Kevin

14. djnardu thread starter macrumors regular

djnardu

Thanks alot Kevin, ill just order online then.

15. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Just a followup.....when you order from Apple.com, just select the Free shipping when you get to that section. Not really sure why Apple still has the option to select other methods that cost money....they won't get it to you any sooner by paying more.

-Kevin

16. Dm84 macrumors regular

I got shafted by Apple.com when Tiger came out. They promised me delivery the day it came out. Instead it came the following Monday.

I ran out to a store the night it came out and picked up my copy, and then had Apple pay for the return shipping on the copy I had pre-ordered.

Needless to say, I'm just going to the Apple Store next friday.

17. djnardu thread starter macrumors regular

djnardu

Anybody else have that problem?

Was it that you werent there to sign for the package?

18. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

When Tiger came out, Apple.com delivered to me a day before Tiger came out. Free shipping then too.

19. djnardu thread starter macrumors regular

djnardu

Gah! So many back and forth opinions.

Anybody else?

20. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Apple just started the pre-signing forms recently. Before that, it was signature required - and the on-file release form at FedEx wasn't sufficient.

21. djnardu thread starter macrumors regular

djnardu

So should I go ahead and order online feeling safe it will be at my house friday?

22. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yes, if it doesn't come, it will be because the delivery company screwed up. For me, that happens about 1 in every 50 packages.

Apple knows what they are doing. They've done it before. They will either ship on Wednesday with 2 day air, or on Thursday with next day air.

23. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

24. Dm84 macrumors regular

Nope. I was at home all day waiting for it to arrive. I called FedEx and they said they were told to deliver it Monday.

And I wasn't the only one who got screwed. There were several posts on this forum about people getting their shipment delayed.

25. theman macrumors 6502a

I just got this spam message from apple called

"Watch the Mac OS X Leopard Guided Tour."

It then says,

"Have Mac OS X Leopard at your door on October 26.*"

and in small print on the bottom:

"*To receive Mac OS X Leopard via standard shipping by October 26, order by midnight on October 24, 2007."

so, i have no idea what that means....