Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you pre-ordering the iPhone 4?

• Yes

Votes: 398 86.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 5.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 36 7.9%

• Total voters

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
I would love to pre-order, but since my upgrade date isn't until July 2nd - and I have no hope that the date will change - I doubt I would be able to pre-order and not pick it up until July 2nd. It's only 8 days after the phone is released so I don't know why my date couldn't be changed, but I doubt it will. :( :mad:

dpw84

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Does anyone remember from past experiences if you chose to have them deliver the phone to your house, did it require a signature or did they just leave it at your front step? I would love to avoid the stores if possible but I know, no one will be home that day to sign for it.

I never had a problem with any packages that were left at that front before and there's nothing worse than playing package tag with Fedex.

I have actually gotten in the habit of having orders shipped directly to a FedEx or UPS office if I know which is being used, so I can go pick it up first thing and not have to wait all day for it to come get delivered.

However, for Apple products I don't mind waking up really early to get to the Apple Store 3-4 hours early and just waiting.

laughingperson5

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2009
gah. the only thing i can't decide upon is

white vs. black.

and does anyone know what that thing above the earpiece on the white iphone 4 is?

dpw84

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
gah. the only thing i can't decide upon is

white vs. black.

and does anyone know what that thing above the earpiece on the white iphone 4 is?

I am also trying to decide between white and black. I have the 3G and 3GS and they are both black and to be honest I'm starting to get tired of it.

After a second look at it I think that the thing above the earpiece might be the sensors.

tekksan

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
So if you are an existing AT&T customer, eligible for upgrade and you preorder it and have it delivered to your house, do you just then drive to an AT&T or an Apple Store and have them do their magic to move you phone number over to the new device?

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
No, home activations are done using the instructions provided with the new iPhone.

Apple will be using iTunes for all activations: New or upgrades

AT&T will have instructions for both New or Upgrades and both may require a Toll-Free call to a VRU system to complete setup.

You do not need to leave your house to complete activation!

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.