Pre order on orange (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macuserjoe, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Macuserjoe macrumors newbie

Macuserjoe

Hi did anyone pre order the iPhone 4s on friday with orange?

2. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

I pre ordered 2 x Black 16GB's on Sunday. Paid £20 each at the local store.

Hope i get mine on Friday :(

3. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

I paid the £20 in store too but they said I'll get a call when it comes in so god knows when that'll be

4. Deanoaka macrumors member

I work in an Orange store. We took around 20 preorders over the weekend, and we were told that there 'should' be enough stock on Friday to cover all pre-orders that are made before Tuesday.

Here's hoping!

5. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

Seriously?!

If I get my iPhone 4S on launch day then my relationship with Orange will have started on an awesome footing lol.

There was no one in the Belfast store when I went in so hopefully not many have pre ordered haha. It's a pretty big and modern looking store too

6. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

if my orange store get both my pre orders for this friday ..

im buying them some chocolate lol

do u get deliveries on Thursday so your at leats able to let the pre order customers know whos has arrived?

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I wish you Orange folk would allow yearly upgrades and not x month before end of contract :p

8. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

What do you mean?

With O2 my contract was up for upgrade 4 months ago but I waited for the new iPhone. . . They just kept me on a rolling contract then and now I can cancel ...

Can you not do this with orange :O

9. Deanoaka macrumors member

Obviously, all stores are gonna run this differently. Stock should be with us on Thursday for the Friday launch, but some may also come early on Friday morning. Were opening at 8am.

Our pre-order system automatically texts the customer when there phone is in, but our store will be calling the customer to arrange a time etc as it's gonna be very busy on Friday.

As always, stock can be problematic (just as it was last year) so we are not guaranteeing that it will be on Friday, but we are 'very confident' or thats what we were at least told by the hierarchy!

@ andybno1 - Guess what!! We have started doing that from today in store! Basically, it's called an 'early upgrade'. You pay off your existing contract but you get a 33% discount on that. Once you have done that, you can choose any phone, as long as you go with the corresponding 'free' figure. e.g- iPhone 4S = £46 per month, unless you don't mind paying towards the phone!!

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I don't have the money to early upgrade plus £46 a month is about £10 more a month than what I pay now so it would be a deal breaker even if I could afford it.... makes me wish I went with 18 month contract now lol probably could of atleast sold my iPhone 4 on and use that to pay for new phone

11. myskepticsight macrumors member

@Deanoaka do you know what the situation is regarding existing customers who have upgraded over the phone?

12. bat717 macrumors regular

I'd like to know this too. I ordered my upgrade within an hour of lines opening on Friday. I phoned up Saturday as I had not received confirmation so was a bit worried. After some confusion, I was assured that my order had gone through and that I would receive a text at some point asking me to choose delivery time. Will this be the night before, or a couple of days...? What are the normal times offered? Ie can I choose 6am if I'm really eager to get my hands on it? Are we likely to get the phone on launch day if our orders were early enough?

I appreciate you may be unable to answer all these questions!

Thanks.

13. Macuserjoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Macuserjoe

im guessing we will get a text the day before we get it hopefully friday! I think they normally give you most times between 9 till 5 in hour slots i guess.
    I was just told by orange that I will get a text when it is dispatched and it can take up to 30days which I hope not! but said i was the first to call so said i should get it friday even tho ill be at work.

14. Deanoaka macrumors member

They work completely different to us, so I don't know what they are planning to do.

I would suspect that all stock will be in our distribution center weds/thurs for dispatch the following day. This text with the delivery time thing is a completely new system they are trialing so I don't know how that works to be honest. I don't want to say something that may be the wrong information.

Common sense says they would text you Thursday in regards to a Friday delivery.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more use then that! :)

15. myskepticsight macrumors member

It is a bit annoying how we are just waiting on a text and there is no other tracking mechanism in place, I slightly regret ordering it over the phone now and should have just preordred it instore and trudged down before work or in lunch.

Oh well, fingers crossed! :D

16. Macuserjoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Macuserjoe

Yeah it would of been good it there was a tracking system and not just waiting on a text. I also wished i just gone to a orange shop and preordered it instore thats if it doesn't turn up friday.

17. Soundburst macrumors 6502a

I signed a 24 month contract.

Next year when the new iPhone comes out I'll sell my 4S. . .put the extra money on top of what I get for it to buy a sim free iPhone 6 direct from Apple. Then I put my contract sim in it for the last 12 months :)

Simple idea.

It makes much more sense than an 18 month contract where you always miss one gen of iPhone update.

18. bat717 macrumors regular

I'm on the phone waiting to talk to someone at orange. The money hasn't even come out of my account yet. Getting a bit worried. Hopefully I'll get some decent info out of them! Doubt it somehow. Ah well, just trying to reassure myself. Have a couple of other queries too, if I even get through. Been on hold for at least 20 mins now.

19. myskepticsight macrumors member

My money is a pending transaction on my Amex.

Can't be as bad as me ringing on Friday evening, on hold for 45 mins and then an automated message comes on saying that their lines close at 10pm so I need to ring back in the morning!! :eek::eek:

20. bat717 macrumors regular

Right got through. My order is fine, went through this afternoon (I checked this morning). What I have learnt is:

As far as the CS lady knew, the courier (UK Mail) would receive the stock on Thursday and would decide how to distribute it, as they have received more than 30,000 orders which is more than they usually handle. She didn't know whether they'd put on weekend deliveries or something. (worried about this, I live in the sticks so I'll be last on the list!)

Hope this is of some use.

21. myskepticsight macrumors member

Did you ring the 0800 CS on their iPhone preorder webpage or go through 150?

22. Macuserjoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Macuserjoe

I also live out in the sticks and i ordered it first thing on friday! lets hope we get a text on thursday i will post on this thread as soon as i get a text from orange.

23. bat717 macrumors regular

Went through 150. Was a long process, had to work out which options to press... Not very good at that sort of thing! If anyone else can get any more info out of them if they call, please update us!

24. Deanoaka macrumors member

Here's a tip. Just call 150 and go through options 1, 2, 2, 2. It's the quickest way through, and if they have to re-direct you, it's quicker for them to do it :D

25. bat717 macrumors regular

Nice one. What route does that take you? Can't remember what the numbers are, but I went through upgrades, existing upgrade, no text for delivery. Something like that.

Thanks.