predictions on public release date for os2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by EdisEdward, Sep 16, 2015.

1. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

2. AmazingGraceTx macrumors regular

AmazingGraceTx

No. It's already Wednesday. I expect they'll work on it the rest of this week, possible release next Tuesday or Wednesday.

3. djibso macrumors newbie

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Considering they thought that Apple thought it would be fixed when they announced today's date, Apple is probably still guessing.

Let's see... Apple originally planned to release the watch in the fall of 2014, but it hit in the spring of the next year. So, if they hold to that schedule, OS2 should arrive in May-June of 2016. :)

5. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

6. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

I'm sure Apple would like the soonest possible. Depending on the bug however it can be hours up to weeks.

7. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

Nature of the bug determines everything. Even a simple one-liner could take days to track down. I guarantee this much, if I were an Apple watchOS developer I wouldn't count on seeing my family anytime soon.

8. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I'd rather wait and have a bug free OS than a bricked watch.

9. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I sure do hope its soon, i was so looking forward to it today! I already had been running the iOS 9 PB and am on 9.1 PB now so there is nothing exciting for me today :(

10. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

11. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

12. boast macrumors 65816

boast

13. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Almost certain... almost.

14. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I'm saying Friday or Monday. Either way the absolute latest is before the new iPhone 6s comes out. It'll have to be fixed before then but I'm saying Friday or Monday.

15. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

Apple seems to pounce on these "stop ship" issues pretty quickly. I predict they will release it tomorrow.

16. swandy macrumors regular

17. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

You tellin' me WOS2 doesn't come with iOS9? Eek! :eek: Perhaps this will break some apps that are updated for iOS 9 and tested with WOS2 but not WOS1.x because those developers assumed WOS2 and iOS9 were being released together. Anybody launch the AW app on iOS9 and see if it offers to update your watch? I would think the answer is no or this thread would have been updated by now but as I'm only 80% through the download of iOS9, I won't know for a little while. Oh. Wait a second. My BT earpiece just reported "phone1 disconnected" which means my iPhone 6 is rebooting under iOS9. THAT should only take an HOUR or so. :rolleyes:

Nevermind. I answered my own question by finally taking the time to read the article on this on MR front page. Darn. Well I'd rather have it working than deal with some kind of bug that is severe enough for Apple to pull a stop ship!

18. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

really hope it happens today. they fixed the iOS 8.0.1 glitch in just one day with iOS 8.0.2 release. depends on the bug though like others have said. i would say next wednesday at the latest.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My opinion is that it won't happen for a couple of weeks if not longer. Apple has to apply a fix that does not impact or affect anything else. Its quite easy to fix code that actually breaks something else, so regression testing is needed. Depending on the complexity of the fix, it may require a more expansive round of testing, i.e., beta

20. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Apple watch app software update check is failing for me.

21. az431 macrumors regular

Can you point to the source that supports that Apple announced a Fall 2014 release date?

22. bchris macrumors newbie

Seeing the same failure all morning myself. Tries, times out, "not connected to internet" message. But i am.

23. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

uh nope. watch was ANNOUNCED in Fall of 2014, with an expected release date of "early 2015." while April is a stretch to say early....the watch was never delayed .

24. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

No source. My speculation based on: the state of the smartwatch market last year (Apple was already way late to market if they had hit a fall release), a person had a watch months in advance for marathon training, Apple likly had to start work on OS2 months early 2015 or 2014 in order to have the betas out in June, and Apple's marketing leading up to the fall event.
    Yes, you are technically correct, and I agree with you. But I suspect that Apple was working toward a fall release of the watch and had to drop back to Plan B.

25. fanboi4lyfe macrumors regular

fanboi4lyfe

It is failing for me too, must mean they are semi close to something.

But I am being caustically optimistic and thinking a release date of the end of Sept. or early Oct. Would love if it comes out sooner, but just don't see that happening.