Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH
It is failing for me too, must mean they are semi close to something.

But I am being caustically optimistic and thinking a release date of the end of Sept. or early Oct. Would love if it comes out sooner, but just don't see that happening.
Yesterday it always showed no update available.

coldsweat

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I got the no update, software up to date message yesterday. Today it shows as update failed and either hit try again or cancel.

Two different things in a couple of days
Opposite way round for me - Yesterday came up with the 'Update Failed' message & todays its 'Your Software is up to date'

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I got the no update, software up to date message yesterday. Today it shows as update failed and either hit try again or cancel.

Two different things in a couple of days
Quite a few of us are getting the error message. Will probably continue until the software is released.

fanboi4lyfe

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2015
Chicago, IL
Quite a few of us are getting the error message. Will probably continue until the software is released.

Figured that would be the case.... oh well. Not going to worry too much about an operating system to lose sleep over, it will release when they are ready

bamf-hacker

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
A Friday is not likely. If it is not today, which we can hope for, it will be next week.

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
Whenever it's ready... high-profile software update/release, so they'll cross their t's and dot their i's (and j's). If I had to guess, I'd say Monday. Depends on what the issue actually was.

mkeith813

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm gonna go with Sunday. I know the odds are stacked against me but if i'm the only one with that pick and I'm right, that's a bigger payout, right?

Reactions: QuiteSure

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if it is released the same day as El Capitan (Sept. 30th)...

If they pulled it, they are not going to rush to get it out just to have another bug pop up. They are going to take their time and get it 99.9% right.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if it is released the same day as El Capitan (Sept. 30th)...

If they pulled it, they are not going to rush to get it out just to have another bug pop up. They are going to take their time and get it 99.9% right.

I'm going with the day that the new iphones are released. september 25th.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
You tellin' me WOS2 doesn't come with iOS9? Eek! :eek: Perhaps this will break some apps that are updated for iOS 9 and tested with WOS2 but not WOS1.x because those developers assumed WOS2 and iOS9 were being released together. Anybody launch the AW app on iOS9 and see if it offers to update your watch? I would think the answer is no or this thread would have been updated by now but as I'm only 80% through the download of iOS9, I won't know for a little while. Oh. Wait a second. My BT earpiece just reported "phone1 disconnected" which means my iPhone 6 is rebooting under iOS9. THAT should only take an HOUR or so. :rolleyes:

Nevermind. I answered my own question by finally taking the time to read the article on this on MR front page. Darn. Well I'd rather have it working than deal with some kind of bug that is severe enough for Apple to pull a stop ship!

Drafts have had to pull their watch app from the store as it was WOS2.0 only. I missed this and now the drafts app on my watch is toast until the update. Not the worst thing in the world but irritating nonetheless.
I'm going to guess at next Tuesday. I think the release of the iPhone's is unrelated..

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
How about this:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: RabbitLuvr

wtpooh100

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2015
I received my 2nd new applewatch today - it's not letting me install any apps - keeps saying installing but nothing. Tried rebooting everything blah blah blah - I'm guessing (hoping?) it's related to the OS2 delay - maybe installs are on hold because they're doing the release shortly??

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
I'm going to go with 9/24/15....my guess is based on their possible motivation to get it out before the new iPhone release day. It's just a guess (but I want that thumbs up if I win! :)

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
You tellin' me WOS2 doesn't come with iOS9? Eek! :eek: Perhaps this will break some apps that are updated for iOS 9 and tested with WOS2 but not WOS1.x because those developers assumed WOS2 and iOS9 were being released together. Anybody launch the AW app on iOS9 and see if it offers to update your watch? I would think the answer is no or this thread would have been updated by now but as I'm only 80% through the download of iOS9, I won't know for a little while. Oh. Wait a second. My BT earpiece just reported "phone1 disconnected" which means my iPhone 6 is rebooting under iOS9. THAT should only take an HOUR or so. :rolleyes:

Nevermind. I answered my own question by finally taking the time to read the article on this on MR front page. Darn. Well I'd rather have it working than deal with some kind of bug that is severe enough for Apple to pull a stop ship!

My watch is buggy when pulling up apps via Siri. It says I don't have app when I actually do and lags when finding locations. Since I updated to iOS 9

cornycopier

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2014
Hope it comes soon. Can't put my Discover card on the watch Apple Pay. It errors out saying that one must have OS 2 to add. At least it's on the phone's Apple Pay.

Reactions: caligurl

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Hope it comes soon. Can't put my Discover card on the watch Apple Pay. It errors out saying that one must have OS 2 to add. At least it's on the phone's Apple Pay.

Ouch! The one card I do have on my watch still works (AFAIK) and I don't need to add another one (Thank God!). Apple really flubbed this one big time. I find iOS 9 to be even buggier than iOS 8 which is saying somethin'. For instance, when I try to see if WOS2 is available yet in the AW app on my iPhone 6 running iOS9, I get "you are not connected to the internet." I work in a basement office so I assumed the wifi wasn't working again (a not uncommon issue in our building) and only when I got outside and got the same message for LTE did I suspect a problem on At&t's end (a not uncommon problem all over their service area) so I called them and wasted 20 minutes punching 1 for this 2 for that and pounding # only to find out that yes there is an outage in the Detroit area but guess what? I started getting emails while on the phone with tech support. This led me to thank them, end the call and go try the AW app again. It STILL said "no internet connection" despite my internet connection over LTE working just fine.
new_logo.jpg

Orange may be the new Black, but Apple is the new Microsoft!

OBirder

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2015
What do we win if we pick the actual day?

I think it will a week or two before we see the update. So I would say Tuesday, Sep 29th.

What we win? I would take any of the items from your signature: :)
"iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro, iPhone 6, Apple :apple: Watch Sport Space gray 42"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.