Premier People DOOMED? What happened last year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean4123, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I'm beginning to think I should just cancel my order and snag my iPhone at the Apple Store I reserved at. I've been hearing rumors that Premier customers can only go through ATT anyways though. If thats not true, will there be a window where i'm on eligible until ATT processes the return?

Is Premier a curse? What happened last year with the 3gS's?

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

I'm seriously doubting that any of us at work are going to be getting our phones.. 5 phones in total, mine being the earliest placed on premier, and still 'back order' status. I think the fact that premier orders have to be moved manually into the fulfillment system spells out doom.. but who knows.

3. Built macrumors 68020

Not true. I have a FAN account...and as with all FAN accounts, I am AT&T Premier (which I think is a ridiculous name).

I placed my order through Apple.com on the 15th and my i4 shipped yesterday. Obviously, Apple had to cross-reference my eligibility with ATT's computer and I got through process even though I am a Premier.

There are many in the same position as me on this board.

Good luck.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, sound like premier orders have been pushed towards the back of the line after the 15th preorders to the 16th.
    And thus making us all get it last and probably not on launch day.
    Hope Im wrong though.
    Mine also still says backordered.

5. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

I hope everything works out with people who ordered off of the Premier site or I'll be sad haha.

But w/e it's not like our life is ending if we don't get our iPhones RIGHT away. I can wait.

Ditto to this.

6. coasterswim macrumors 6502

I ordered Premier last year and my 3GS arrived on launch day. I don't remember the sequence of back-ordered / ordered, though.

7. fuzion macrumors 6502

If me being a premier customer, which I get because my corporation spends thousands of dollars with AT&T every month puts me at the back of the line, my corporate rep better hand deliver a 32gb white iphone next Thursday, or i'm going to be very unhappy.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cant judge by last year since this time the preorders where 10 times as many and stock levels might be very low.
    Neither Apple or AT&T anticipated that outcome this year.

10. camarobh macrumors 6502

Same panic, different year.

if you ordered the morning of the 15th, you'll get your new iPhone on the 24th, no matter if you ordered it from Apple or AT&T. In past years many people's tracking information was updated AFTER they received their new iPhone. I ordered from both AT&T and Apple for the 3GS and received both on launch day. Same thing will happen this time.

11. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

How do you cancel from Premier? At first I didn't trust the Reservation's at the Apple Store, but from what I've read, its probably the most hassle free way of getting the phone. Will I be able to buy at the apple store even though I already ordered through ATT Premier?

12. fuzion macrumors 6502

Even if we still don't have a CC charge and the phones show as backordered?

13. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

Wonder this as well. It seems like it will be easier now that it seems I won't have issues with my IRU FAN# and not being the primary account holder (I am an authorized user) when picking up at the apple store.

14. camarobh macrumors 6502

Yes.

15. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know the people that are saying we are going to more than likely get our phones on the 24th are being nice, but if I had to put a bet on this, i'd bet we're screwed. I'm going to cancel completely and show up with my reservation. Should have never ordered with ATT in the first place.

16. fuzion macrumors 6502

Like I said.. if I don't have a tracking number by Tuesday i'll plan on being at the local AT&T store on Thursday morning.

17. Guitar7272 macrumors member

I placed my order through premier at 740 AM EST on the 15th - I got my confirmation almost immediately and noticed that a $1 authorization was placed on my card. That was followed by a $313 hold an hour or so later (which dropped off a few days ago).

My order status on AT&T's regular site had been showing backordered until Saturday when the backorder flags were removed. I've spoken to two different reps both at Premier and AT&T who told me my phone would arrive on the 24th. I don't believe I'm doomed, but I sure as heck ain't canceling my reservation at Apple, either.

18. LAS22 macrumors regular

i'm in the same boat. got on the waiting list at a few radioshacks just in case.

19. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Just call CS and cancel.

20. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Its true. Trust me. DONT go to Apple. Both an Apple and ATT rep told me that Apple CAN NOT access premier account info.

EDIT: I had a reservation at Apple and am now camping at ATT without a sure chance of getting a phone.

21. Built macrumors 68020

Untrue.

22. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

23. Built macrumors 68020

I have a black 32GB i4 on its way to me now that proves you wrong.

24. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I have a FAN account, and i pre ordered through apple. When i check the status it says "prepared for shipment" and "Ships: Delivers on June 24th".

25. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Is it being shipped to you? If so, then youre lucky. I couldnt reserve a phone through apple.com due to my screenshot. I had to use the Apple Store app.