Prepared for shipment ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richxps, Jun 17, 2010.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Ordered from Apple the 15th charged today now prepared for shipment and still gets to my house on the 24th.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

All of that is moot. Apple has put a hold on all iPhone 4 deliveries until the 24th. It may even come to pass that order tracking shows your iPhone is at the local UPS or FedEx depot or even "out for delivery," before the 24th. That is true but it will not get delivered until the 24th unless the driver for your neighborhood's route is aching to get fired.

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I am little confused on what your question is? :confused:

4. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Ok, thanks.. Im happy that ill get it the 24 atleast.... Wish the case would come the same time lol

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

It's not unheard for some people to get theirs delivered before launch day.

6. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

sorry i was trying to figure out if it would come sooner since its prepared for shipment already.. Thanks for asking though.

7. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

I actually hope its not earlier because i already schedule my day off to be the 24th lol..

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It's not unheard of to find a four leaf clover or a three-eyed fish. That doesn't mean it's a common occurrence or likely to happen. I wouldn't bet on it being delivered before the 24th. That's all I'm saying.

9. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I'd be happy as a pig in **** to have a shipment status - that would mean I was golden. 24th is fine for me, to hope for early is just too much !!!

10. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Didn't Apple do something like this with the 3G or 3GS? They told the carriers they were not allowed to deliver before the release date.

I think people's package tracking was even messed up cause they weren't updating the info but everyone got their phones on the release date.

11. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I got my iPad a day early and the moon definitely wasn't blue. :p

12. Centient macrumors 6502

Good news for you. :D

Mind sharing what time you placed your order and whether you did so online or in store?

13. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Basically means your box has a label on it. Well done. :p

14. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

They did. On my 3gs ups box it has 6/19 (or whatever the release day was) written on it. They shipped them overnight 3 days before release but it was held in Louisville, KY (for me, I live in memphis) until the day before release.

I am a bit surprised it is prepared for shipment already, but I guess Apple has to start early to wade through 600,000 orders.

15. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

I got mine in at 5:28 in the morning on the 15th. And it was weird because i tried for a while and could not get a order in but when i put in a bumper order first, the iphone 4 was already in my cart, I assume from the past failed attempts. So i checked out... I know its not a big deal but its cool to see some progress...

16. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Sorry, bad post

17. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

18. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Lucky you.

19. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Thanks for the info! Keep us updated. I can't wait for mine to be "prepared for shipment" even though I know it won't change anything. I just like progress. :D

20. g41d89a macrumors newbie

"Prepared for Shipment", especially this early, is actually pretty big news. But it's a case of "Good News... Bad News".

The good news:
    - your order has taken a major step forwards. Apple has charged your card, and put your order into the shipping "queue".

The bad news:
    - You can't cancel your order any more
    - You still won't get it before the 24th. Apple is very good at making sure the product doesn't get on delivery trucks in our neighborhoods until the morning of the 24th

Obviously, the "bad news" isn't a consideration at all if you're truly expecting an iPhone delivery on the 24th, so all you're left with is Good News.

We'll be hearing people complaining and whining that they haven't transistioned to "Prepared for Shipment" in a few days (I haven't yet). Consider yourself lucky.

21. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Mines still says In Progress. How do I get it into shipment status?

22. wishman35 macrumors regular

Call them and tell them to change it for you

23. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

That's right...that's what it was.

24. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I think they do that to ensure delivery on launch day. They ship it our a few days early to allow for any unseen circumstances. However, they hold it when it comes to the "stop" before yours.

25. Wags macrumors 6502

Shipping Address Changes

Can I change the shipping address if the order has not been Processed for Shipping? The original order said you can only ship to the AT&T billing address. Any order slowdowns by changing?