Preparing Shipment!

reidab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2003
Oregon
My order status at the apple store just changed from "Processing Order" to "Preparing Shipment". Admittedly not shipped, but one step closer!

From http://store.apple.com/OrderStatus/Images/orderstatusdetail.html:

Processing Order
In-stock items are processed immediately so that you can begin enjoying your Apple products as soon as possible. Generally, orders can be modified while they are being processed.

Preparing Shipment
We are preparing to ship your order to you, and we'll notify you by email when it ships. Unfortunately, at this point, we are not able to change or cancel your order. If you need to return your order after you receive it, please follow the simple return instructions below or contact a sales support agent.

EANx

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2005
Mine has the same status. Has anyone's shipped from the Apple Store yet?

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Mine still says processing.. I was wishing to be one of the lucky ones who got it early.. ah well

Androit

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2005
Houston
snickelfritz said:
Preparing Shipment. (Family Pack)
Same here. Has been for a couple hours, hopefully this means its on a truck tonight. I'll be excited if it gets here by Friday; I'll be insanely excited if it gets here Wednesday.

DakotaGuy

macrumors 68040
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Preparing Shipment on edu price. Sometimes however I have found with Apple is that it will ship 12-24 hours before you even get the shipment notice and the store shows the item as shipped with a tracking number. My guess is that many will actually be shipped today and tomorrow to make it on or before the 28th.

abbottpc.com

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2005
Preparing Shipment as of 02:59 PM PDT, 04/25/2005

Just changed within the hour to being prepared. But it still says it will ship on the 28. I am hoping that it could be before.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
miloblithe said:
Yay! Mine says preparing shipment. I ordered it (EDU price) on 4/17 at 6:30 PM. I hope it gets here this week.
Hey, you ordered after me! :eek: :p :D

I wonder what Apple's system is, and if it's anything more sophisticated than organized chaos (that is, if they're processing ship dates based on the likelihood that people will get it in time with lower shipping cost options). I wonder what the total Apple spend on premium freight will be for the Tiger pre-order.... Then again, I have no idea what the rough number of pre-orders was. Anyone know?

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Mine changed to Preparing Shipment sometime during the day today. I ordered (with educational discount) on April 12 as soon as I got out of bed and found out that it had been announced.

EANx

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2005
I just called Apple and they told me that once you see "Preparing Shipment," the package should be shipped within 12 to 24 hours.

I hope mine goes out tonight.
:D

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Has anyone from Europe got "Preparing Shipment". Mine has been stuck on "processing order" for the last few days...I really hope to get it early cos this weekend i wont have time to play with it... :(

quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
EANx said:
I just called Apple and they told me that once you see "Preparing Shipment," the package should be shipped within 12 to 24 hours.

I hope mine goes out tonight.
:D
Did you specifically asked about tiger though? Mine changed to Preparing shipment around 6 PM.

EANx

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2005
quagmire said:
Did you specifically asked about tiger though? Mine changed to Preparing shipment around 6 PM.
Yes. He told me that most likely it would go out tomorrow, but I am still hoping that it might be going out tonight.

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
quagmire said:
Yeah that would be interesting to know..cos Tiger is a special case..so maybe you will have to wait until the 28th/29th...

EANx

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2005
I was asking specifically about Tiger. His estimate was that mine would ship tomorrow. My Tiger has been in "preparation" since before noon.