Problem after 3.1.1 update on ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dynamo22, Sep 9, 2009.

1. dynamo22 macrumors member

So I just updated my ipod touch with the new firmware alongside itunes 9, and on my ipod touch I go to my music and click the 'albums' tab and I see multiple album covers and some missing album art. I know that prior to this day, I have not seen this before. Each album is spelled correctly with the same art. It somehow made duplicates and I have no idea what I did to enable this feature, if this is a feature. Say for example I have an album that has 4 songs in it, but now I see 4 of the same album covers in a row, and under each of the same album covers it lists the artist. But when I tap on the cover to see it, they contain all 4 songs. In landscape view I do not encounter this problem.

Any one have ideas on how to fix this? I manually manage my music so I know if I spelled an album title wrong or anything like that. I found it pretty annoying :(

2. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I have the same problem I don't know what to tell you,when you fix it,post it hear so I can.

3. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

In my iTunes those albums are there once,but on my ipod twice.I have no idea how to fix it it really bugs be too,it was fine before I updated.

4. polak9pete macrumors newbie

did u guys update your ipods before getting itunes 9? because that's what i did and my itouch is messed up too..all my album art is good but my top 25 songs are just random songs in my library and when i add new songs theyre not sorted by date added on my ipod ..on itunes everything seems and looks ok with the playlists and stuff but its just on the ipod theres some problems...hope they fix it soon these little things bother the hell outta me haha

5. dynamo22 thread starter macrumors member

by update you mean pay for 3.0? or mess around with the settings? These small things bug the hell out of me too lol I just don't know what happened.

6. polak9pete macrumors newbie

sorry i meant update to 3.1.1

7. dynamo22 thread starter macrumors member

I updated my ipod first, then proceeded to upgrade to itunes 9. Strange to see if that has something to do with it, but i highly doubt it.

8. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I did,I started downloading 3.1.1 before itunes 9 because it was available on my itunes till after my ipod was updated.But this bugs the heck out of me too.

9. dynamo22 thread starter macrumors member

I guess we should call/email Apple about this problem and see what they say

10. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I'm restoring my ipod touch and hoping it will fix the problem.Have you tried it??Just don't use a back up when you reinstall.I thnk it might work,it's worked before with previous problems.

11. dynamo22 thread starter macrumors member

Damn that would be a nightmare for me since I manually add my music and videos :(

12. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Ya it didn't work,I got all my album artwork though.but still I want to fix this its really bugging me.

13. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

OMG!!!I think it's the new iTunes!!!I found doubles in my itunes that wasn't shown when I hit the show duplicates button!It's iTunes 9!!!!

14. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I most of them,I think some songs are miss named when you put then on your ipod then it makes doubles.

15. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I now can't wait for iTunes 9.1.1 too come out sadly.

16. teohyc macrumors regular

teohyc

My scrolling of the podcast page on iPod is now laggy, most prob because of the small album art icons.

Anyone with same problem?

Firmware 3.1.1
    iTunes 9

17. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I updated from 2.2.1 to 3.1.1 and am not having the problem described in the first post. I'm using iTunes 8.2, so this is further evidence that it may be an iTunes 9 issue.

18. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

Yes. And we are not alone.

19. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I'm very disapointed about iTunes 9 now,and I wish I had just stuck to 3.0,it was way more decent than 3.1.1 so far.

20. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

So far I'm having the following issues on my 32gb 2g Touch (using 3.1.1 and iTunes 9):

Podcast scrolling is jerky and not very responsive.
    Double clicking the home button to get the little control screen stopped working (I've gone into Settings->General->Home and modified the setting to Music, but then I have to exit out of whatever app to pause/play).
    Volume slider has completely disappeared a few times with earbuds on. No real pattern. Unplugging and re-plugging fixes it.
    The "updating library" screen after syncing takes much longer than it used to.
    I get sync errors that the iPod needs, for example, 40 more mb of space to sync. I'll uncheck 100-120 mb and then it will sync fine -- but leave maybe 300mb of free space.

None of these issues ever existed before. I've shut the iPod off and also done the hard reset (top button & home button). Nothing has had any effect. I can live with these annoyances, but they are... um... annoying. Especially the podcast scrolling bug... I listen to a lot of podcasts.

21. lakeuk macrumors newbie

I've got the same problems, I've done a restore have notices something regarding the jerky podcast listing.

Restore with nothing sync'd,
    then sync'd my 162 unlistened podcasts, tested the podcast listing and found no jerking, scrolling was smooth like it should be,
    then sync'd rest of my music (1500 tracks), tested the podcast listing again and this time it's jerky with lag in scrolling.

So I would if they've mucked something up that gets worst the more music, podcasts etc.. you can

22. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Well, add to my inconvenience -- while syncing after iTunes automatically downloaded a subscribed podcast, I stepped out. When I got back a few minutes later my music on the iPod had drained from 24gb down to 8gb. By the time I was able to stop it, it was down to 6gb. Can't guess what happened. Probably a freak accident; the kind where in the past most of my music would now be listed as the orange other in iTunes and I'd have to start from scratch. Oddly enough, I was able to access the iPod's music section and the artist/album/song counts were all about right but large chunks of the library had blank artist/title fields and a small speaker logo on the right (I should've taken a screenshot!). When I clicked on a song nothing came out, but the screen changed to the same QuickTime-like interface you get when listening to an mp3 attachment in e-mail.

Right now it's syncing back up. If there's anything more weird worth reporting I'll key it in. (Why didn't I think of taking a freakin' screenshot?) Long, long day.

23. dynamo22 thread starter macrumors member

damn updating a software is supposed to clear up problems not create new ones :(

24. prisonbusdad macrumors newbie

songs actyng like podcasts

After I updated to 3.1.1 and itunes 9, my songs started acting like podcasts, i.e. picking up from it was left off last time. I like o shuffle up my songs and its annoying when a song starts in the middle. Maybe there's a setting somewhere for this but I can't find it.

imac, 8gb 1g touch, 8 gb 2g touch, 2g nano, 3g shuffle

25. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

These problems are bugging the heck out of me.