Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bearinthetown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2018
Hi guys,

I have iPhone 6s Plus and I have a problem with cellular data, which stops from time to time. I've been suggested by Apple employee to try doing backup to iCloud (not on iTunes) and resetting iPhone from iTunes (not iCloud).

The problem is that my 5GB iCloud still screams to be not enough. I deleted all photos and I have 3.5 GB free. Backup tool says it's still not enough.

Almost all my iCloud is taken by iBooks. Should I really clear it? How much is the backup supposed to take? 3.5 GB looks like a lot to me.

What can I do? If I need to clear iCloud books, can I do it without deleting them from my iPhone/MacBook?

mritech

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2015
Depending on what is actually in your back up it could take a good 3 GB easy depending on the device and what you have that gets backed up.

All my prior models are 3.8 plus my X is 4.3

Just get the 50 gig of cloud for 99 cents and problem solved

bearinthetown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2018
I'm shocked, because reinstalling iOS from iTunes apparently fixed my issue with cellular data. :D Thanks - I got the 50 GB after all. My backup was about 30 GB (with no photos!), so I don't think there was any other way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.