(PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 Plus Gets Black Front in New Part Swap Video

ackmondual

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
One amusing thing out of this is this person who uses this in public will get onlookers to go to their Apple stores, asking for the red iPhones with black, front panels, only to be responded with confusion, and then frustration from patrons when they realized that this was a custom job. And will probably be expensive if it does become available.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
That red and black is the sexiest/mean looking iPhone I've laid my eyes on. Apple dropped the ball yet again. This would have been better than Jet black by a long shot.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
No longer logging into MR
Last edited:

bookcase

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Boston, MA
I have an iPhone 6s and I was going to hold out for the 8 (or whatever it'll be called), and then they announced this (Product)Red version and I was lured in (I've always used the red cases). I was wanting to upgrade to the Plus anyway, so I just brought home the red Plus and I love it. After years of black/gray, I was wary about the white front, but I think it's nice.

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Daamn.. I much prefer the black/red, I tend to get black/red devices where possible (SLRs and compacts, phone cases, etc) and wouldn't buy the red/white one. I'd have considered upgrading a lot more if this was an available edition. .. Actually in a way I'm glad this configuration doesn't really exist.

Currently I'm still using the iPhone6+, which after a new battery is coping really well with stuff. I wonder how long it'll hold up.

BoneDaddy

Suspended
Jan 8, 2015
Texas
And then Apple release it with a black face...
[doublepost=1490654773][/doublepost]I'm surprised people aren't calling this phone "racist", for no black option...

ColdShadow

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2013
Because a red Touch ID ring would look super tacky? The Apple logo is silver on the back so the Touch ID ring matches.
lol the whole back of the phone is in your face red and you think a thin red ring around the touch id, will makes it tacky?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
What kind of moronic response is that? Can a iPod touch make calls? No, so don't try to be witty or funny or whatever you think your response is, because it's just a fail.
You cannot see the smiley face? Geez man.

I will give you some free advice, lighten up and smile once in awhile.

Careful how you reply, the moderators know me well. Not that I'll know now that you are on the ignore list.

Last edited: