Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Do we really need unboxing videos? It's just a red iPhone. It's nothing new or groundbreaking.

"Ok guys, lets see what this red iPhone looks like..... ok, well.. it's red. There you go."
True, but I looked anyway. :p When you’re sitting down with your morning coffee and desperately trying to wake up, a topic like this is way better than some of the ones that end up in massive political and philosophical arguments.

Red iPhone. Yay. Red. Zzzzzzzz
[doublepost=1523447168][/doublepost]
As much as I love the sexy red color, the phone is a three year old design and an iPhone 7 with some minor improvements which are not worth of price.
Ah, I’m an old design. Perfect match for me.:D

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I wouldn't go back to the 8/8 plus from my X, but I really do like the red/black look more than I thought I would

iReality85

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2008
Upstate NY
Looks really, really nice. The glass makes the color pop.

Apple needs to introduce more colors for the non-X lines. Give them "fun" colors like the iPods- green, blue, pink, and orange. Orange and blue in particular would look great with the black bezels.

Drogba11

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2018
This is groundbreaking! Leading the way in innovation with a red phone. Never thought I would see it in my lifetime.

Move over Elon!

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
I really like this. Nice job Apple!

That said, I tend to be a first-day purchaser, so I never have the option to consider ProductRED iPhones. I therefore add my voice to those who wish for all color options to be available at product launch.

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
I think its great they do this for a cause, but why the fixation with this one cause for so many years. Apple is in a position where they could really do more of these. What about a special edition pink phone for breast cancer; or light blue for prostate cancer; or orange for children's diabetes... they could raise a lot of money for these causes (giving back), and at the same time creating more color choices.

hybrid_x

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2004
Teh Interwebz
I'm so glad they went with red and black this time. This is a great look. White really only looks good with silver, for that classic iPod look. Everything else looks better with the black face around the screen, in my opinion.

McTool

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2016
Apple definitely nailed it with the colorway this time. The red looks better and the black face is much better than the white face of the (RED) iPhone 7/Plus.

Here's to hoping (although I doubt it) the red (and hopefully another color) release on launch day this year.
Wouldn’t get hopes up very high for another color. Wouldn’t it be nicer if the front was also red?
[doublepost=1523456571][/doublepost]
This is groundbreaking! Leading the way in innovation with a red phone. Never thought I would see it in my lifetime.

Move over Elon!
Silly comment

oyabroch!

Suspended
Jan 8, 2018
"Unboxing"? "Hands on"? Erm, it's an iPhone 8, it's red. That's it.

I tell you what, I wish these YouTubers would quit making "a big thing" of peeling the protective film off products VERRRRRRRY SLOWWWWWWLY, camera and mic tuned in perfectly to see & hear some plastic film being removed; it's SO SO contrived and superficial, just compounding the moronic, shallow, pointless nature of consumerism. I came to see the phone, not some obsessive person fawning over the act of removing its cellophane; that's just daft.

CRINGE!

Last edited:

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
At the same time, the continued absence of a (RED) iPhone X going into the summer months could hint at the company's plans for its smartphone lineup. Apple is expected to discontinue the first-generation iPhone X when the second-generation model launches this year, which could mean a red iPhone X variant might not arrive until spring 2019 at the earliest.
I think the red iPhone X will launch this autumn alongside the other colorways. If sales are indeed slowing more than they anticipated, they might hope that a new model in a new color might be enough to push some additional people to upgrade. Then again, it might be that stupid blush gold color.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Do we really need unboxing videos? It's just a red iPhone. It's nothing new or groundbreaking.

"Ok guys, lets see what this red iPhone looks like..... ok, well.. it's red. There you go."
The video has over 600k overnight views so clearly people care. You don't and thats fine. Also in the video he talks about how the video deosn't do justice to how red the phone is in person. Thats actually useful info.

Weather you like the facts or not, new colors of phones are a huge part of sales and fueling new sales.

ipponrg

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Macrumors - "news and rumors you care about".

I definitely really care about the unboxing of a red iPhone on the front page. It's really as exciting as discovering all the different colors of M&Ms. I leave the blue M&Ms for last because they make your tongue blue. It must be a very slow day.

Reactions: oyabroch!
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.