(PRODUCT)RED Sport Band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by lupend88, Sep 9, 2015.

1. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

So... who purchased? I got mine the moment the site went live and the delivery window was 5-7 days. Now it's 3-4 weeks!

2. cwosigns macrumors 65816

That's disheartening; I want to stroll in and pick one up at the Apple Store. Wonder how soon that'll be available.

3. Hillshock macrumors member

I ordered one at about 3:30 EST and am supposed to get it in 1 to 2 weeks. I've been waiting a long time, so I figure what's a couple more weeks?

4. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

The site says in store in a week I believe.

If you don't already have a watch, a SS 42mm can arrive as soon as Monday the 14th.

5. broadbean macrumors 6502a

I need to see all colours including the Red to have an opinion. The colours I see on my iPhone/iPad/TV are not quite a red as I would've liked. The Orange is also a very reddish orange...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Been waiting for a red band... but.. like I expected, it doesn't have "space gray" hardware. Not sure how Apple can offer 15 sport bands with standard hardware but just ONE with space gray. So disappointing.

7. broadbean macrumors 6502a

Join those buying the Rose Gold and Gold Watches!

8. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Yeah. They should have made that piece removable. Like have it screw together.

9. lsh macrumors 6502

i ordered as the event was closing and got 'ships in 5-7 days'. Estimated delivery 9/18-9/22.

10. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Ordered 2 min after the keynote ended and got 5-7 days

11. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I hope they ship quicker than that. I'd actually like to see it in person first.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd need to see the color in person before I drop any money. I don't mean just for this one band, but rather all of them.

13. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

While I most likely will buy an Apple PR band, I have 2 red non OEM bands to keep me fashionably matched until they are readily available to look at and buy

14. mgford11 macrumors member

I was able to get one when they were at 5-7 days shipping. ETA 9/18-9/22.

15. lupend88 thread starter macrumors 6502

lupend88

I'm excited to pair this with my space black watch :D

16. kjm18 macrumors 6502

kjm18

Ordered this today, went to local Apple Store first to see if they had any in but didn't so ordered through the Apple Store app was going to use Apple Pay but kept getting red exclamation mark on shipping address when the addresses match so had to pay by card instead, estimated delivery is 23-25 of this month

17. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

can someone explain how a company can design a product line and know of the "Announcement" date (planned months in advance) for new color bands and not have the accessories ready for sale in their retail stores? I understand higher end products like the watch but the sports bands can't possibly take that long to manufacture. My local  stores are saying 2-3weeks for the new colors to arrive. Shows "coming soon" on web store for in store purchase.

Ok I'm done ranting.

18. Hillshock macrumors member

I had the same problem when I tried to pay using Apple Pay.

19. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I really like the red band but want to see it in person - can't decide between that or the orange.

Actually, there are so many colours now I'd like to see quite a few in the Apple Store!

20. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

FWIW, my order was stated for 5-7 days to ship but just moved to 'Preparing for Shipment'. I'd guess it'll ship later today.

21. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

it was 1-2 when I first looked... I figured i'd wait a couple days to order it.... BIG mistake! the next morning it was at 3-4... BOO! so I went ahead and ordered it!

I ordered a bunch of other colors, too (midnight blue, fog, vintage pink and orange!)

(someone please direct me to sports band buyers anonymous! ha ha!!!!)

22. SBenn macrumors newbie

SBenn

Saw it on the keynote, saw the wait time and thought I'll wait till the rush has died down. With the current delivery times pointless bothering till its gone quiet or i just happen to be in the vicinity of the nearest Apple Store. Had my Space Gray 42mm delivered today (its my 2nd! after i took mine back previously...long story in other thread) and have ordered a 3rd party silicone blue strap, but may just get the red after the dust settles. ;)

23. MacintoshDan macrumors regular

I have literally wanted this since I first saw the keynote when the watch was unveiled. I had (RED) cases on all of my SG i devices, and wanted them to all match. I lost hope there would ever be a (RED) band, so I got rid of the (RED) cases for the black ones to match my SG sport. Of course they unveil them, it had to be my favorite part of the keynote. Not thrilled with the lack of a SG pin, but oh well. Went to all the stores around me hoping to score one, failed miserably. Ordered it last night, looking like its going to take a while for me to get it. Thats ok, I need time to re-acqiure all of my (RED) cases.....

24. igrover macrumors regular

igrover

New SS with Red sport band.

1st picture was taken outside in bright sunlight so you can see what it looks like in bright light. 2nd picture is with my OEM Apple iPad Mini red cover - ver similar in color. 3rd picture is with my Red Wings jersey which is a primary red color. 4th picture is indoors under fluorescent lighting at Costco. 5th picture is the watch on top of a Coca-Cola can pack wrapper.

The red band color is not a primary red or "fire truck red" color - Sir Ive would not let that happen. It is basically a primary red slightly skewed towards the orange side of the color spectrum.

Attached Files:

25. lupend88 thread starter macrumors 6502

lupend88

Looks fantastic, thanks for sharing! Mine will be here by Wednesday!