Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
My question is does this match the red on the Apple silicone iPhone case? It would be pretty sweet to have a space grey watch and space grey phone with a red band and case, respectively.

I should be receiving my product red 6s case tomorrow. I'll try to upload a comparison if I don't forget.

Reactions: Supermallet

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
That would be great if you could. Thanks!

They look to be very similar in colour.

neYD1vT.jpg

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Hmm, it looks like the watch band is closer in shade to the logo on the Apple case than the case itself.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Thanks for sharing that! I'm torn on whether to get that combo now, but it's good to see it so I can decide.

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
Last status of mine updated at 11am UK time today, due tomorrow

EDIT: just as I posted this it's had an import scan in Koeln, Germany, should be on its way to the uk soon hopefully

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 171

D3lta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Cupertino, California
Looks like I'm the only one who didn't like the red color. I didn't like the red shade and I thought it made the Apple Watch look cheap. Ended up exchanging it for a white band at my local Apple store.

It's unfortunate too since I was really looking forward to it. :/

Reactions: jbachandouris

enduro0125

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Looks like I'm the only one who didn't like the red color. I didn't like the red shade and I thought it made the Apple Watch look cheap. Ended up exchanging it for a white band at my local Apple store.

It's unfortunate too since I was really looking forward to it. :/

I passed on buying one today at my local Apple store
Wanted the orange but they where sold out.
They had a(product) red,but I didn't like it enough to bring it home.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I passed on buying one today at my local Apple store
Wanted the orange but they where sold out.
They had a(product) red,but I didn't like it enough to bring it home.
I was looking forward to the Project Red band, but I didn't like it enough to bring it home either. It's not 'red' enough for me. It seems a little closer to orange to me.

I may end up buying a SS Space Black with BSB instead. (I know this is for the band, but I had considered the SS with the Project Red band).

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
it does lean toward the orange side of the spectrum.....

i like it... it looks really good with the SGS watch!

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
Too orange for me, too. Weird choice by Apple as they were releasing a real orange sport band at the same time, so why not make the red really red?

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
Too orange for me, too. Weird choice by Apple as they were releasing a real orange sport band at the same time, so why not make the red really red?

It's harder to tell from Apple's online store as the red and orange look so so similar. In real life, the orange is more orange. Not sure if the red is deliberate or the limitation of the material used. The absense of a darker purple? That's deliberate...

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
Honestly I'm a bit disappointed in the colour of the red. I was hoping for a 'redder' red (kind of like the red on the leather product red iPad case). It must be a dye limitation

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Ordered this today, went to local Apple Store first to see if they had any in but didn't so ordered through the Apple Store app was going to use Apple Pay but kept getting red exclamation mark on shipping address when the addresses match so had to pay by card instead, estimated delivery is 23-25 of this month

Check that your address matches exactly with what your credit card company has in file.

For me, American Express kept complaining about the shipping address. Turns out they had Ave (not Ave.) and they were using my state's two character abbreviation instead of being spelled out.

Same address worked just fine with a different credit card using Apple Pay.

L.C.W.

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
MN
I really like the red but like most, would like to see it darker.
image.jpeg

Can see the contrast with this red shirt (which is more a blood red)
image.jpeg

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I got the Product Red combo deal of the sport band for the watch and the silicone case for my 6s Plus. Then yesterday I also bought the Product Red cover/case for my iPad Air 2. :D

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
I got the Product Red combo deal of the sport band for the watch and the silicone case for my 6s Plus. Then yesterday I also bought the Product Red cover/case for my iPad Air 2. :D

Where did you get the combo deal from, if you don't mind me asking?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.