Prominent Haptic On or off ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Che Castro, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

and how is your brightness set ?
    I heard in a podcast someone said turning the brightness down helped with battery life a lot

2. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Default brightness here. No battery life issues. I do not use the prominent haptic, but, I do have the haptic intensity set to the highest setting. I think I will be lowering it soon, though, as I'm getting more used to the feel and don't think I need the extra intensity for it to be noticed any longer.

3. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Prominent haptic off. I can discern between different notifications that way. I almost always know when a messages (vibrate-tap) is coming in vs standing up(two gentle taps). Prominent haptic would make that difficult.

I do have the haptic turned on to the highest. Brightness set to 2.

4. jojods macrumors regular

I'm using prominent but wished i used normal, it's just the normal haptic isn't strong enough and I miss my notifications.

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

This. Maybe my Watch's tactic is just weaker than normal, but I don't notice it at all if I'm active (walking, cycling, etc).

6. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

I have the normal haptic set to max and that's perfect for me. Subtle but I notice it. Hated prominent haptic. And I have brightness set to mid.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

It is your choice. You set it the way it works for you.

8. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

I'm not quite sure I understand the brightness setting completely...as far as I can tell it uses an ambient light sensor to adjust the brightness anyway. So right now, I have it at full brightness, but I am sitting indoors in a darker room and I can tell the brightness is being automatically lowered.

9. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

ON.

And never touch the brightness setting. The stock setting works very well for me.

10. iMacoo7 macrumors 6502

iMacoo7

I have yet to feel mine at all

11. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

42mm SS
    Brightness at default
    Prominent Haptic off
    Haptic set to middle setting

12. shenfrey macrumors 68000

If you want it to feel like every other smart watch out there, then turn on prominent haptic.

13. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I have prominent haptic turned on for right now, just until I get used to the taps. I lowered my brightness just because I think it looked better, didn't need it higher and figured it'd save battery.

14. ttexxan macrumors regular

Prom Hepatic on and brightness set to middle. Been working well for me. Took off charger around 930 am yesterday and at 8 pm still at 65 percent and using quit a bit

15. dotnet macrumors 6502a

dotnet

My brightness is two out of three bars. I wish it would react to changing ambient light a bit better, it's usually ok but sometimes feels too bright.

The taptics are maxed out for me. I can clearly feel the taps when I'm expecting them, or sitting still, but when distracted or walking briskly I often miss them. They seem to be just the below the pickpocket threshold ;)

16. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Up until now I've had the prominent haptic turned on because I didn't notice the haptic by itself. I'm going to give it a try now with it off to see if I have become more accustomed to the notifications on my wrist like Zach is.

17. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I haven't changed the defaults at all, the haptic level looks like it's on the highest, and bright is about in the middle, and both settings work well for me.

18. whatos macrumors 6502a

I agree, it could be stronger in normal mode and then it would not be missed.

It's highly likely that Apple will correct this with the upcoming second gen watch.

19. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

What was the default brightness out the box ?
    Was it max or in the middle
    I don't remember now

20. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Yes, Middle. I'm not even sure what prominent feedback does? Would you explain?

21. dilap macrumors 6502a

Me neither. Got it on though!

22. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

It is simply an additional long tap preceding the standard haptic feedback you'd get from a notification. So it doesn't make the feedback stronger, just longer.

I have it on.

23. dilap macrumors 6502a

Thanks! Just turned it off and I'll see if it's better.

24. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Thanks, I'll try it

25. haleigh macrumors member

It's turned off for me and my brightness is set to high. Not really effecting my battery life in any way so far. I wore it since 8am (it's 7:30 now) and I still have 55% left.