PSA: Wait a few days before complaining about Yellow Screens! The glue is drying

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewtonPippin, Nov 3, 2017.

1. NewtonPippin macrumors regular

This happens every iPhone launch... my screen is yellow... piss yellow... Guys, please wait a couple of days for this to naturally fade away. Every time, the glue has to dry before the screen color returns to normal.

Just had to make this PSA before the barrage of yellow screen posts start!

2. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

What on earth are you going on about? I've never had this issue at launch for any iPhone I've ever bought.

3. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

4. Aneres11 macrumors 68020

Aneres11

The glue is drying. This is the worst excuse I have ever heard. Only on these forums.
    If my screen is yellow when I turn it on, then so be it. Turn true tone off and if that doesn't help, get used to it.
    Still don't like it - waste your time returning it until you happen to get one where the glue already dried :rolleyes:. FML.

5. dominiongamma macrumors 68000

Oh boy people will defend Apple at any lengths, glue excuse? I’m calling BS

6. six212 macrumors newbie

7. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

For those of you that say this never happens, do a forum search for EVERYiphone release. Although I appreciate the OP’s post, it will get buried and then we will see 15-20 posts about it. Mine has been slightly yellow every year but as the screen stays warm over a short period of time, it does turn less yellow. Congrats to those that have never experienced it but lots have.

8. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Please stop perpetuating the "glue is drying" myth. This is pure donkey horse shiat. It's not glue, it's not drying, it's a screen thing.

PLEASE STOP POSTING THIS!

9. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

The ol 'glue is drying' urban myth; one of my favorites.

Yes folks, sniff it while it's still wet......Whoa!

10. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Oridus

Because only the heat from turning on the phone will dry “glue”. Not the two weeks of sitting after having said glued applie would dry the glue. Lmao.

11. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

Maybe the glue is drying in your nostrils, you've clearly been sniffing it if you think this is the case...

12. usmaak macrumors regular

This glue thing has been going around since the earliest days of the iPhone. Teardowns on most devices since then have shown that there is no glue, yet every time any iDevice is released, the glue thing comes up.

13. dan9700 macrumors 68030

dan9700

the X changes tint as you move it so looking straight its yellow then a slight tint and its pure white its horrible :(

14. martin2345uk macrumors 6502a

Why would wet glue make the screen yellow anyway?

15. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

While this has been discussed in the past and does clear up for some, I have never had a bad iPhone screen. Hopefully the X is no different.

16. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Don’t ask! It just does. ;)

17. Joe h macrumors regular

No way in hell would I accept a yellow screen.

18. billycuth macrumors 6502a

too late.

19. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Ridiculous is right by all counts. Every year we have people complaining about yellowgate. Then next year they upgrade and take the same phones they were fuming over having a yellow tint, compare to the new phone, and new phone has yellow tint vs old phone( which had yellow tint as well).

While I’m sure it’s not the glue thing, the panic over yellowgate keeps on happening.

20. NewtonPippin thread starter macrumors regular

21. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

i sometimes use silicone glue to attach LED lights on various types of retail display..

if the glue happens to cover one of the diodes, the light will be yellowish instead of white.
    that said-- it doesn't matter if the glue is wet or dry.. it will look yellow in either case.

------
    (for clarity-- i'm not even talking about the X.. mine won't even be delivered for another couple of hours..
    i'm just talking about my personal experience with lights and wetORdry glue..

ie- i'm off topic AF :) )

22. Simacca macrumors 65816

Simacca

What a load of BS!!

23. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

WRONG unless you are talking about an iPhone 4. There is no glue to dry. The screen is warmer as Apple made it warmer.

24. _Refurbished_ macrumors 68000

_Refurbished_

I was reading if you troll 100 threads, your screen will turn white. Give it a shot.