Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Psystar Asks for Donations, Sells 'I Sued Psystar' T-Shirts

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

In perhaps the final chapter to the Psystar saga, Psystar has updated their website over the holidays with a letter explaining that they have suspended sales of the Rebel EFI software product as they await clarification from the courts.

Meanwhile, in an apparent effort to raise funding, they are asking for $20-$100 donations on their website and also selling a $15 T-Shirt that reads "I sued Psystar" on the front and "... and all I got was a lousy injunction." on the back.

Psystar was an unauthorized Mac clone manufacturer that was sued by Apple earlier this year for copyright infringement and DMCA violations. The final verdict came just a couple of weeks ago forcing Psystar to shut down by year's end.

Article Link: Pystar Asks for Donations, Sells 'I Sued Psystar' T-Shirts

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Yet somehow a few months ago, they were so confident that they would win the lawsuit. Apple suing Psystar is a a guy fighting a girl, no offense to you ladies out there.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
This has become a real circus. The only thing I can believe now is that Apple set up the whole thing so they can set a precedent in court so no-one can make Mac clones ever again. And then sell T-shirts.

coolfactor

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Trying to appear like the cool rebel kid, but shining with desperation. Could you imagine a company like Apple selling t-shirts to keep their head above water? lol

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
I haven't heard anything that sad and desperate in years.

They're going out of business. Accept it and move on.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
I suppose when the alternative is to cry...

they might as well try and cash in on the show they've created. Perhaps it was not unwitting, and they planned to actually turn a profit on satirising themselves.

I doubt the money they make on these will leave them anything after they've paid Apple's legal bills.

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
Wow... that's so sad and pathetic.
I guess when you feed on the successes of another company like a parasite you don't have much dignity to begin with.

What a bunch of desperate clowns.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; Archos5 Build/Donut) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Psystar, thanks but no thanks.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Cry me a freakin river...

They steal from the Hakintosh community and don't give back, engage in a frivolous lawsuit costing taxpayer money ... and now they're asking for donations and selling t-shirts? Die already.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
They steal from the Hakintosh community and don't give back, engage in a frivolous lawsuit costing taxpayer money ... and now they're asking for donations and selling t-shirts? Die already.

Not to defend them because I don't but there was no taxpayer money involved. It was a civil suit and Psystar has to pay all legal fees.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.