Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CavemanMike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
My camera roll has several thousand photos. I created an album and added 300 of them to that album.

What's the easiest way to get those 300 photos:
1) onto my macbook, and
2) delete those 300 photos from my camera roll?

From what I understand, when you delete a photo from an album, it remains on the camera roll.

Thanks,
Mac/iphone newbie

-Mike

Tumbleweed666

macrumors 68000
Mar 20, 2009
Near London, UK.
If you import selected photos onto your Mac via either image capture or photos, once finished they will ask if you wish to delete from the source (in this case, your iPhone).

A 'belt and braces' approach you might consider is to import all photos first into a 'backup' area as a precaution, say "no" to the delete question, check they are there on the Mac, then import the specific ones you want and say "yes" to delete. That way, if something screws up at the delete point, you still have a backup on your Mac.

CavemanMike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
I have the impression that with image capture, it copies all the photos (or just the new ones) into a folder on my mac.

My issue is that I've already gone through the time of selecting 300 of the thousands on my camera into an album on my phone. I don't want to do that all over again on my mac. And, even if I was able to select the 300 photos in the album, I still need to go back and delete them on my camera roll without manually re-selecting them.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated,

Thanks a bunch,
Mike

CavemanMike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
I just edited the title of my question, hoping it is more clear what I'm aiming to do:
I've put 300 photos in an album. I've exported it out of photos on the mac. Now I'd like to delete the album AND the photos that are referenced by it, so the album would be gone as well as those 300 photos from the camera roll.

Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.