Question about girl and STDs.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MegaMillions, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaMillions macrumors regular

So, I recently met this girl who definitely wants to sleep with me. I'm a virgin. She has had two sexual partners, the first one being just this last May.

She says the first one got tested for everything beforehand because he had just got out of a relationship that ended with cheating. So, as far as she knows, he was disease free when they did it.

The second guy, she said she's willing to pay for him to take tests, and that if he's clear, then that means she's clear. She prefers to not take a test herself because of the invasive nature of them.

Let's assume that she's telling the truth about the first guy. If the second guy is tested and comes out clean, does that make it safe for me? Or should I not do it unless she actually takes the tests herself?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Honestly, I'd stay away from that dirty girl.
    If you're worried and she won't get a test then she's not worth having.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Your safe obviously just having her do the test. The worst part would be if he comes out dirty, she would have to take the test anyway.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Always, always, ALWAYS assume everyone you sleep with has an STD. Use condoms properly and you should be fine.

5. MegaMillions thread starter macrumors regular

She's not a dirty girl. She was very careful with both guys, and actually insisted that the first guy get tested. The second guy was her ex.

Am I being too paranoid? It seems like she's definitely clean, but can I know for sure without her taking the test? Even if both guys come out clean, is there still some way that she could have something?

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes, if she lied to you. Also, sounds like you have been "down there" before, remember std's can be transmitted a variety of ways, according to the CDC the most emerging threat now is beer pong.

7. MegaMillions thread starter macrumors regular

She and I have not engaged in any such activities yet.

Let's assume she's not lying, because I know her, and she's most likely not. If both guys are clean, could she still have something?

8. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

She sounds a little on the whorish side to me. So you expect this girl to go up to a guy she no longer is interested in and ask him to go and take a test? I find it HARD to believe he would say ok and follow through. But hey, you are the one taking the risk, not me. Personally, I would have her take the test. If she can jump from partner to partner and then land on you (and I assume you are young), she is mature enough to take a f***ing test.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

since when is having only 2 sexual partners whore'ish?

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Just have her to the test so you won't be so paranoid about it. I'm a virgin too and I understand you concern (however, I gave up on women), but it's just a matter of having her to the test and boom, all questions and concerns answered. As someone mentioned, use a condom.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Two guys and she's a whore? Jeez- you kids are tough these days.

12. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I second the above motion ;)
    If she really cares about you, she will be an adult and volunteer instead of begging her exes to take the heat.

13. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

The kid still has his V card, and this girl has had multiple partners. This leads me to believe he is like 15 or 16 and if the girl matches his age then yeah, she is a bit whorish, by my standards anyway.

14. MegaMillions thread starter macrumors regular

She used condoms with both her previous partners. She was careful, safe, and used condoms, AND the first guy was tested clean.

If the second guy is tested clean, is it safe for me?

15. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) Amen to above!
    2) I'm surprised an ex would say "Sure, I'll get tested for STD's so you can do your new guy with a clear mind."
    3) SHE should be getting yearly Pap smears, STD checks, and HPV checks (and the vaccine)
    4) Screening test for STD's are more sensitive in women than in men. Just b/c partners test negative, she could still be positive.
    5) Always, always, ALWAYS assume everyone you sleep with has an STD. Use condoms properly and you should be fine

16. MegaMillions thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, we're not in that age group. And she was a virgin up until just a few months ago, and has only done it two or three times since she lost it. And used condoms every one of those two or three times.

17. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Just have her to the test, dude. Condoms arent 100% effective.

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i have many guy friends who are 24-25 who are virgins by choice and what not

15-16? lol thats quite an assumption to make

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I do agree with this though. She should just go and get the tests. It sounds as if she may be embarrassed to take them. That doesn't make her a whore. And it certainly doesn't mean she doesn't genuinely like the OP. It just means she's human, and maybe a bit immature.

20. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I guess my high school was different from yours :)

21. MegaMillions thread starter macrumors regular

Okay quick clarification! She's definitely not a whore. She did it ONCE with a guy who had been tested clear (and they used condoms) and then she did it twice with her ex, using condoms both times. That's all she's done.

22. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Just because the test comes negative, doesn't mean they don't have STDs. It takes a few months for some STDs to show up in test results, HIV being one of them.

23. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

And we told you, for clarification, that she should get checked. So quit ignoring our advice and waiting for people to say what you want to hear.

24. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I'm 99% positive of one thing: She probably would not enjoy you recounting her sexual history with all of us on this google indexed forum ;)

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course she's not. Some people just think everyone should be perfect. It's not a perfect world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.