Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Munky

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2011
Here's higher quality photos..

iphone5s-box-fingerprint2.jpg

iphone5s-box-fingerprint3.jpg

iphone5s-box-fingerprint.jpg

iphone5s-box-fingerprint4.jpg

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/leaked-iphone-5s-box-fingerprint-ring/

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
Like so?? :cool:

No, I meant on the home screen. For instance the LED would be blue and you'd see a little red notification bubble on the mail app indicating the number of new emails. But yea, I guess I'm being picky.
This new mock up moves away from your previous post since it's text coming in but the LED ring is blue (which I thought you said would indicate email).

No biggie, I digress :/

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
Ugly packaging. I will buy a nexus S4 on Tuesday!

«Perro que ladra, no muerde»

Barking dog won't bite... If you're going to do it, do it and get over it, we don't care if you're not buying an iPhone because of an ugly packaging :)

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
It would be nice if the button could light up. It could be a notification light.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
I don't like that ring. I've always loved how the front of the iPhone has been completely flushed, ever since the original iPhone. Other phones yet have to match that level of cleanness and simplicity, and now Apple is throwing that away. Too bad.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
I'm one of those people. I love iOS, but I really would like a screen that's around the size of the HTC One, although that phone feels slightly too big, it's still pretty close to what I'd prefer.

That phone(HTC One) feels pretty good in the hand for a 4.7" screen. Much better than my wife's SIII with a 4.8" screen.

Riverton

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
So now we are playing semantics? Of course it is new, just like the Ford Edsel once was; is it innovative? Not at all.

Can we stop using that word so haphazardly? It's starting to lose its meaning. How often do you expect a company to create or re-invent a product category or service? What are other companies like Samsung doing with their phones that are innovative in the true sense of the word? iPhone is getting an incremental update, just like all the other smartphones that got incremental updates this year.

xNYMetsx

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2013
So you just want Apple to be spec whores like everyone else. Why not just buy an Android device?

You don't get iOS. I'd throw the iPhone 5 in the trash and take the Nexus 4 (with LTE of course) with iOS on it. :D

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I can not believe you said that?!
Can't you see that the so called iPhone 5S packaging displays iOS 5?!

I also can't believe that MacRumors posted this?!

iOS 5?? And if you meant 6, you're still wrong.

And you belong to a site called MacRUMORS! Maybe this story isn't appropriate for MacFacts.com, but for MR...It's exactly the kind of story they should be posting. Sheesh!

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
... Why would they ditch the sole feature that makes an iPhone obviously an iPhone even when the screen is off and the Apple logo covered? The home-screen-icon-icon (for lack of a better term) has been the defining feature of the iPhone since the first - and it made sense, too!

Ditching it is like ditching the Apple icon from the Apple keyboard.

Noctilux.95

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
LA
Just saw this on Yahoo business. I'm sure its a fake considering the 5S come with iOS 6.

Attachments

• iphone5sb.jpg
    iphone5sb.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 586

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
1. This is Real, stop saying its not

what is your point?

It looks just like it, except white this time and not black.

Cmon....Why do people say things like this? How the hell would you have any clue at all if this is real or not?

And you think this box looks just like the 5 box? Not even close bro.

If I were a betting man, i'd put my money on "FAKE". Looks more like China knockoff packaging to me. And if it is real (and maybe it is) this photo makes it look terribly cheesy.

And if it is a China knockoff, one thing i can take from it is that the home button will change and most likely look similar to this one. But in a nicer, more refined kinda way.

Just relax. All these rumors will be over before you know it. 3 days...Just 3 more days. Hang in there.

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
Has anyone considered that this 'ring' around the Home button could actually be metal, like that which surrounds the camera flash on the 4S?

It's not in Apple's nature to use exposed LEDs anymore, so the chances of it being some sort of light unit right on the front face is slim. A metal ring would at least separate the Home button from the rest bezel, visually.

Also, the black background ties in nicely with the 'same colour' themes of the iPhone 5C boxes. It's a neat way to reiterate the colour of the phone body and to make the iOS 7 icons stand out more.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Unconfirmed photos of what is alleged to be the packaging for the iPhone 5S have been released by Chinese site C Technology [Google Translation]. The photographs depict a standard white iPhone box, similar to the boxes Apple has used as packaging for previous versions of the iPhone.

A black iPhone is printed on the top of the box and the phone's home button is surrounded by a new silver ring and pictured without the iconic square in the middle. The design is in line with rumors suggesting the iPhone 5S home button will be slightly altered in order to accommodate an expected fingerprint sensor, but there is no way to confirm the veracity of the images.

The solid black background on the phone is suspect as Apple typically uses a wallpaper for a background, but leaked images of purported iPhone 5C packaging have also shown a solid colored background.

While KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has indicated the iPhone 5S will feature a sapphire-covered convex home button to support the fingerprint sensor, other reports have disagreed with this conclusion, with 9to5Mac suggesting a non-distinct design for the home button that might possibly contain a shinier border as seen in the photo.

Apple will unveil the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C during an iPhone event next Tuesday. In addition to a fingerprint sensor, the iPhone 5S is expected to have an upgraded processor, an improved camera, and a new "champagne" color option.

Article Link: Questionable Photos Depict iPhone 5S Packaging With Redesigned Home Button

Tim is the one holding the box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.