Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Questionable Tablet Images from Unreliable Source

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Nowhereelse.fr posts an image that it claims is the Apple Tablet. A few other sites have already picked up on it, so we publish it here on Page 2. Nowhereelse's track record, however, is very poor.

The French site was also responsible for previous fake iPhone photos and seemingly unfounded iPhone case discoloration concerns.

We publish only because it's already gotten traction on other sites.

Article Link: Questionable Tablet Images from Unreliable Source

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I don't like the bezel on that. Seems like it would be awkward to hold and use.

mozmac

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Austin, TX
This is what I like about MacRumors, arn. You guys don't just post stuff to generate traffic. If an obvious fake crops up from a bad source, you only post it because lots of other sites have picked it up, too. But you give a big disclaimer.

MacRumors is one of the most credible rumors sites on the net. Thanks for the discretion.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
If this is real, it is almost certain that it is a prototype design... it looks awful.

andrew0122

macrumors regular
Fake

It has to be a fake. With all the the apple product line going to the more professional look. (exception with the low-end iPods and the polycarbonate MacBook) I just couldn't see them reverting back to the polycarbonate look. I think it will be aluminum if Johnny Ive has any input on the final product. I also don't think it is going to look like a large iPod Touch or iPhone with the home button.

That's just my input.

I just hope that it will be under $700. . . I want one. :D

brianus

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2005
No way a tablet would be designed to be held in landscape mode by default. Makes no sense. Faaaake

InkMaster

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2007
Nagoya, Japan
How nice to see MR taking a more sensible approach to this instead of just running it on the front page claiming its the real thing as Engadget is doing.

omg, just look at those pixels! I have seen quite a few shoops in my day, I'm a professor you know! :rolleyes:

kystocks

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2008
it looks okay (better than other mock-ups in my opinion) but it's not the real thing. It's using the iPod touch 1st generation bezel, Apple would never use he same thing twice like that with different products.

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
This looks fake but could be an indication of how the final tablet may look like, basically a 10" slab of screen with a small border. Looks awkward to hold and use for a prolonged period of time.

xraydoc

macrumors demi-god
Oct 9, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

My guess is that any actual tablet from Apple will not have a Home button on it.

zombitronic

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2007
think about it, this thing has the OS X welcome video playing? Why oh Why would we need a home button on it?

My guess is that any actual tablet from Apple will not have a Home button on it.

The home button could act as a mouse click, in case you wanted to point and click instead of point and tap. Using your fingers as a cursor and a double-tap click button might cause too many accidental open files and folders. Using your finger as a cursor and the home button as the click button might make navigation of a full OS easier.

iZac

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2003
Shanghai
It's a hideous abortion from a litter of 1st Gen iPod touch's.

The rest were eagerly suckling at Steve Jobs' teat while this one got thrown into the biological waste bin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.